Poll: Do you support any secessionist movements?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I support the Isle of Sheppey leaving the UK, awful place, no redeeming features whatsoever.

Also reinstatement of the Angevin Empire, that belongs to us.

Independence for Birmingham as well, or just nuking it.

Finland to Russia.
    I assume you are being mostly comedic here, but I'll still say fuck you, in the most strictest terms.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yes...

And Free Tibet.
    You DO realize that if anyone is going to be annexing/absorbing anyone, it's far, far more realistic and likely that Canada would be absorbed into the United States, not the other way around, right? The smaller, poorer, weaker country (and let's face it, Canada is all three) never takes over the larger, richer, more powerful country. It's always the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post

Such a catastrophic movement would leave the US fractured.
    It would be just the thing to shake up our western coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did not see it as a hostile takeover, but the states willingly joining Canada; not something that will happen, but I can dream.
    And thankfully, that is all it will be.

I'm going to be that dissenting voice that says 'no' on Taiwan.

Taiwan declaring independence would be like taking a bat and smashing your console because you got a PS4 when you asked for a PS4 Pro. Yes, they are officially part of China. But for all practical purposes, they are independent. They do business with countries and companies as if they were a country. They issue their own passports and have an autonomous government. They have their own currency. Their own armed forces.

I for one don't support a potentially bloody conflict that would drag allies, including us, into the fray just so Taiwan can thump their chest and say 'We're a real country now!' Eventually, such a conflict may be necessary. But to actively pursue it would be stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    I support Crimea joining Ukraine, Kaliningrad joining Germany or Poland; Siberia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and California gaining independance. I would add Scotland, but it would harm the UK military too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I support Crimea joining Ukraine, Kaliningrad joining Germany or Poland; Siberia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and California gaining independance. I would add Scotland, but it would harm the UK military too much.
    It would be interesting to see the cultural changes Kaliningrad would undergo if it were to somehow rejoin Germany. Would the now Russian-majority country completely Germanize? Would it maintain its Russian culture or would it become a creole of German and Russian culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

Independence for Birmingham as well, or just nuking it.
    Hey iam from Birmingham and i want Independence from those inbred yam yam cunts! so just nuke Wolverhampton instead!!

Also i support Brexit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    It would be interesting to see the cultural changes Kaliningrad would undergo if it were to somehow rejoin Germany. Would the now Russian-majority country completely Germanize? Would it maintain its Russian culture or would it become a creole of German and Russian culture?
    Germany should do to Kaliningrad what Russia did to Königsberg.

Germany should do to Kaliningrad what Russia did to Königsberg.
    Encourage German settlement and adoption of German languags and culture yes, but I think it would be immoral to expel the Russians that were born and raised there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Encourage German settlement and adoption of German languags and culture yes, but I think it would be immoral to expel the Russians that were born and raised there.
    That didnt seem to be an issue for the Russians 70 years ago.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wales,
    Nova Scotia,
    Scotland,
    Isle of Man,
    Brittany,
    Basque Country,
    A Christian Arab Lebanon,
    Bolachistan,
    Make Pakistan India and Hindu again, and Bangladesh.
    Berbers, if you can get them in one place.

ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    When did secession ever do any good for anyone, across history?! Name one example when something good came out of it. I can give you tons of examples where uniting made countries better and stronger. Greece, Japan, America, China, and others, all small countries or states at some point, but united through conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrene View Post
    When did secession ever do any good for anyone, across history?! Name one example when something good came out of it. I can give you tons of examples where uniting made countries better and stronger. Greece, Japan, America, China, and others, all small countries or states at some point, but united through conflict.
    America succeeded from Great Britain, as did India. China is also culturally attempting to sinicize Tibet and Xinjiang (East Turkestan) and has largely already done do with Inner Mongolia.

And some secessionist movements could entail unification with other countries. If Karelia succeeded from Russia it could join Finland, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrene View Post
    The US secession from arguably the most powerful country in the world at the time seems to have worked out pretty well.

Deleted
    The US secession from arguably the most powerful country in the world at the time seems to have worked out pretty well.
    Yes, I didn't think of those situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    You DO realize that if anyone is going to be annexing/absorbing anyone, it's far, far more realistic and likely that Canada would be absorbed into the United States, not the other way around, right? The smaller, poorer, weaker country (and let's face it, Canada is all three) never takes over the larger, richer, more powerful country. It's always the other way around.
    Hmmm as of 2016 Canada has a nominal GDP of roughly, 1.5 Trillion USD.

Baja Canada has a GDP of, and I'm going to ignore the map because dividing California's GDP would be painful, of 3.3 Trillion USD

Mini Willinoise has a GDP of 1.9~ trillion

New America has a GDP of 4.2~ Trillion

and the United state of Texas would have a GDP of a bit over 8 Trillion.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Hmmm as of 2016 Canada has a nominal GDP of roughly, 1.5 Trillion USD.

Baja Canada has a GDP of, and I'm going to ignore the map because dividing California's GDP would be painful, of 3.3 Trillion USD

Mini Willinoise has a GDP of 1.9~ trillion

New America has a GDP of 4.2~ Trillion

and the United state of Texas would have a GDP of a bit over 8 Trillion.
    ...what's your point? There is no Baja Canada, no Mini Willinoise, no New America, no United State of Texas. There is Canada (1.55 trillion GDP) and the United States (17.95 trillion GDP). Like I said, imagining that Canada would absorb, acquire or annex any part of America is a ridiculous liberal fever dream/fantasy. In the real world, if anyone is absorbed by anyone it is far more likely that Canada would be absorbed into the United States, not vice versa.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2017-07-14 at 07:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    ...what's your point? There is no Baja Canada, no Mini Willinoise, no New America, no United State of Texas. There is Canada (1.55 trillion GDP) and the United States (17.95 trillion GDP). Like I said, imagining that Canada would absorb, acquire or annex any part of America is a ridiculous liberal fever dream/fantasy. In the real world, if anyone is absorbed by anyone it is far more likely that Canada would be absorbed into the United States, not vice versa.
    My point was that even those small portions of America are individually larger economic entities than Canada. For instance even in the case of Mini Willinoise Canada would still be the minority partner despite having a larger population and being much larger in terms of area of land
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Kurdistan
    Scotland
    United Ireland
    Catalonia
    Basque Country
    Sweden ceding Västerbotten, Norrbotten and Lappland to Finland, Finland giving Åland to Sweden
    Quebec
    Padania
    Russia should be split in multiple smaller states
    Ceding the north to Finland would mean giving up the mining industry up there. I don't think you'll find many swedes in support of that