10+ Year Old Account
    Did Method get macaronied by a ban wave? Was there even another ban wave today/yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

For those wondering why the Chinese guilds are going so hard this tier - all raiders in the top Chinese guilds are offered bonus CASH from sponsors for obtaining world/Chinese first.

For example, in Alpha, each raider receives 5000 RMB (800 USD) for China-first kills, and 20,000 RMB (3000 USD) for World-first kills. Bonuses on top of these agreed fees are paid at the discretion of sponsors, with no upper limit.

This explains why they can go 16 hours a day for weeks on end. There's real financial motive involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Someone in Limit must have really personally pissed off someone inside Blizzard.
    If Limit was EU/Asian, they would not be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    If Limit was EU/Asian, they would not be banned.
    If Limit was smart, they would not be banned. xD

Quote Originally Posted by casserole View Post
    For those wondering why the Chinese guilds are going so hard this tier - all raiders in the top Chinese guilds are offered bonus CASH from sponsors for obtaining world/Chinese first.

For example, in Alpha, each raider receives 5000 RMB (800 USD) for China-first kills, and 20,000 RMB (3000 USD) for World-first kills. Bonuses on top of these agreed fees are paid at the discretion of sponsors, with no upper limit.

This explains why they can go 16 hours a day for weeks on end. There's real financial motive involved.
    that is a minimum wage job after you count the hours it take to get a china first, world first is a nice bonus but unless you get all 9/9 it isnt even close to what other games pay out for their top players. all the money is in streaming and selling site traffic to ads (sco getting most of it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    that is a minimum wage job after you count the hours it take to get a china first, world first is a nice bonus but unless you get all 9/9 it isnt even close to what other games pay out for their top players. all the money is in streaming and selling site traffic to ads (sco getting most of it)
    Not in China. Minimum wage there is like 1500 RMB and these guys get 5000 RMB each for china first kill, which is almost 3 months salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    That's absolutely not minimum wage in China lol, depending on where you live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Not in China. Minimum wage there is like 1500 RMB and these guys get 5000 RMB each for china first kill, which is almost 3 months salary.
    Additionally they also get streaming money on the side. And looking at the viewer numbers on their streams it might actually be even more than top EU streamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Awarth View Post
    And looking at the viewer numbers on their streams it might actually be even more than top EU streamers.
    If you're going off panda.tv and/or other Chinese streaming sites the "viewer count" is inflated. It's more of a popularity ranking that isn't directly tied 1 to 1 to viewership.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    If you're going off panda.tv and/or other Chinese streaming sites the "viewer count" is inflated. It's more of a popularity ranking that isn't directly tied 1 to 1 to viewership.
    What are you talking about? The eye icon below the stream does represent the current viewers, and the panda icon is the total number of visits to the stream.

A snip from a random WoW stream just now:
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    What are you talking about? The eye icon below the stream does represent the current viewers, and the panda icon is the total number of visits to the stream.

A snip from a random WoW stream just now:
    I might be thinking of Azubu. Panda could have accurate viewer count.

Why do people believe that these guilds are all from the same place? Many people from various countries play in these top end guilds. I know a few people in Method are from North American countries. Atleast in the NA/EU guilds. I think pretty much everyone in korean and chinese guilds stick with their own countries due to the servers not being in english.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Maybe if they didn't rush content they could get some proper polish on it.
    "Rush out"? You know that raid's been sitting there untouched for 3 months before the raid opened?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Why do people believe that these guilds are all from the same place? Many people from various countries play in these top end guilds. I know a few people in Method are from North American countries. Atleast in the NA/EU guilds. I think pretty much everyone in korean and chinese guilds stick with their own countries due to the servers not being in english.
    unless somebody is living the (loser) dream, with their hours, i find it hard to believe that there are actual raiders in method that reside in north america, ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    unless somebody is living the (loser) dream, with their hours, i find it hard to believe that there are actual raiders in method that reside in north america, ponyboy
    If they raid 6pm to 2am, that's like noon or 11am to 6pm. That seems more optimal to me.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Blablubs12 View Post
    Honestly, work on your reading comprehension. What he is saying is that, all else being equal, the guild with the fewer tries should be the better guild. Now gear, release of strategies, class stacking etc. are obviously factors which might lead to the better guild needing more tries, depending on the situation but that is exactly what he is saying. So you basically agreed with him.
    i did not agree. and i still dont. doing stuff a week later is easy as fuck. first week = 500 wipes. next week: 3 wipes. Now comes another "semihc" guild in the week that the strong guild needs 3 wipes for a boss, and does it in 180 wipes. Now 180 wipes is better performance than 3? ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i did not agree. and i still dont. doing stuff a week later is easy as fuck. first week = 500 wipes. next week: 3 wipes. Now comes another "semihc" guild in the week that the strong guild needs 3 wipes for a boss, and does it in 180 wipes. Now 180 wipes is better performance than 3? ok.
    Not really as black and white though, is it. The guild that only needs 3 wipes for a re-kill already has the muscle memory of the fight done, cooldowns planned out, and a working strategy. The guild that spent under half the wipes learning all that doesn't, so it's not really comparable. Has to be down to the individual what you'd consider the "best" performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    It wouldn't have killed them to take a tier off from the WF race. But no, they had to save us all as the only people capable of raiding at a WF level.
    Why so salty? Your apply to limit got declined? I don't even care about that guild but Taggz is right, even when recruiting non-hc players you still can't find alot good ones in the US. Them doing what they want to do is fine, it's a god damn video game and you are moralizing them like they committed a crime go get some fresh air bro

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Did Method get macaronied by a ban wave? Was there even another ban wave today/yesterday?
    Well the evidence is staggering so some of them should be banned, but you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Eh, wouldn't say untouched. They had additional PTR testing not too long ago. They were tuned further and bugs (not all, as we've seen) fixed.
    you mean the ptr testings with 2k ping? yea those were great.