Poll: Do you want new expansion to be more focused on Alliance vs Horde conflict?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blizzard's shown they can't give Alliance a fair shake or decent storyline if it's AvH.

If Blizzard wants to focus on the faction war, they should just drop the pretense and make Alliance an NPC faction, and focus on Horde like they've done before.

Besides, it seems so stupid to focus on genocidal race wars (the Pandaren were right to call it that) when there are far bigger, far more malevolent forces at work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah. Southern barrens, silverpine, stonetalon, ashenvale, and other zones that both factions share feel great to quest in, cause you're helping your faction gain ground and get stronger. Horde and alliance fighting over control of azeroth is my favorite story. I guess my opinion is unpopular however, since garrosh was the biggest advocate for the faction war and people hated him.

How cool would it be if instead of working together, the two factions competed to see who could more effectively deal with the current threat. Kinda like wrath.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-07-14 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvuk View Post
    When they focus on horde vs alliance we get expacks that go nowhere like wod.
    Ehhh? WOD was Horde Alliance vs Iron Horde!

Deleted
    Yes, but taking the current lore into account I don't think it can be done in a convincing way.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Actually both CATA and MoP shows alliance vs horde conflict very poorly, both expansions were more focused into old gods stuff.
    The old god stuff in MoP was more or less a consequence of the AvH story arc, not center stage like the old god stuff was in Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Doesn't really feel like Horde/Alliance has been in a true conflict for years. While the leaders are pretty much always in the end cooperating against looming threats like the Legion- or Old Gods, with some petty quabbles here and there, we as 'soldiers' are awkwardly still killing each other even though it'd make more sense if there was a armstice between the factions.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

It will most likely come to how Alliance will handle the Horde in one way or an other, so rather have the Horde fail miserably, I would like the factions to be neutral and focused on a different threat. So at least Horde can some how match with the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    It will most likely come to how Alliance will handle the Horde in one way or an other, so rather have the Horde fail miserably, I would like the factions to be neutral and focused on a different threat. So at least Horde can some how match with the Alliance.
    LOL when did you escape the nut house? :P

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Blizzard's shown they can't give Alliance a fair shake or decent storyline if it's AvH.

If Blizzard wants to focus on the faction war, they should just drop the pretense and make Alliance an NPC faction, and focus on Horde like they've done before.

Besides, it seems so stupid to focus on genocidal race wars (the Pandaren were right to call it that) when there are far bigger, far more malevolent forces at work.
    You say that after they've killed off every major Horde NPC and Alliance has lost what, two? Taylor and Varian

Horde lost Nazgrim, Garrosh, Voljin, Cairne, Thrall's not Horde anymore, Liadrin and Valeera are neutrals, so right now we have Saurfang for orcs, Sylvanas and Nathanos for Undead, Baine for Tauren, and Lor'themar + Rommath + Aethas for Belf. Goblins have Gallywix who has literally never done anything, and Trolls have absolutely no one. The closest they have to a major character is Rokhan.

Alliance on the other hand has Jaina, Anduin, Genn, Darius, Malfurion, Tyrande, Maiev, Moira, Falstad, Magni, Muradin, Brann, Velen, Mekkatorque, and while Khadgar is neutral right now he's still Alliance focused.

So that's 8 named characters for Horde, and conservatively 14 for Alliance, I even left out ones that are in class halls. How exactly is that "focusing on Horde"?

Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    You say that after they've killed off every major Horde NPC and Alliance has lost what, two? Taylor and Varian

Horde lost Nazgrim, Garrosh, Voljin, Cairne, Thrall's not Horde anymore, Liadrin and Valeera are neutrals, so right now we have Saurfang for orcs, Sylvanas and Nathanos for Undead, Baine for Tauren, and Lor'themar + Rommath + Aethas for Belf. Goblins have Gallywix who has literally never done anything, and Trolls have absolutely no one. The closest they have to a major character is Rokhan.

Alliance on the other hand has Jaina, Anduin, Genn, Darius, Malfurion, Tyrande, Maiev, Moira, Falstad, Magni, Muradin, Brann, Velen, Mekkatorque, and while Khadgar is neutral right now he's still Alliance focused.

So that's 8 named characters for Horde, and conservatively 14 for Alliance, I even left out ones that are in class halls. How exactly is that "focusing on Horde"?
    Dont worry, with one cleave Saurofang would kill the first line of chars you wrote

7+ Year Old Account
    You really must not understand how this game works.

The Horde attacked Ashenvale in/before Cata. That was literally six-seven years ago ingame. The Dragonmaw orcs were also six years ago and they are all dead because they joined Garrosh during Siege. Alterac happened at the fucking beginning of the game, ten years ago. Gilneas was seven years ago.
    no? blizzard already said only a minor of orcs stayed with Garrosh, the dragonmaw are alive and are in the horde, six years? who cares? this irrelevant

I don't care if the Hundred Years War lasted a hundred years, that's irrelevant. This would be like if World War 2 had gone on for 30+ years. Besides the fact that like I said there's no reason to fight at this point, they would have run out of soldiers to fight with at this point. You realize that the TOTAL number of people in either side is about 300,000 right? That means that if you've done 300 quests to kill 10 enemy soldiers apiece you've killed 1% of the total population of the enemy side; and the number of actual soldiers won't be anywhere near that, it might be 150-200k max.

But hey I mean if you want to go kill off your entire population and drive your race extinct because of some shit that happened seven years ago, you do you
    LOL for you there is no reason to fight, but there are reasons for the factions fight, You are not the whole faction, again, the players are minority, just because they are hippies of peace will not make a difference

and nice one putting gameplay over lore, like make difference how many people you kill in some quests lmao

but yeah i do not want kill off my entire population and drive my race extinct, i want to kill of the entire population and drive the enemy faction race to extinction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

How cool would it be if instead of working together, the two factions competed to see who could more effectively deal with the current threat. Kinda like wrath.
    that is how things should be handled, every faction have his own things to do at some point.

never forget the fight between Saurfang and Magni, we are fighting against a big threat but fuck the enemy faction

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I work with the Alliance boys... they are great targets for my artifacts.

No...

I honestly find the whole Horde vs. Alliance conflict so dated and so dull now.

Blizzard have stated that it is a "key" part of the franchise, but I would utterly disagree. Since the Death of Garrosh, the whole Sylvanas vs. Genn thing is all rather contrived. The franchise has really moved on from the point where Horde vs. Alliance as an overarching theme is relevant, and I would far rather see everyone band together to defeat greater threats as progression of the story line rather than squabble over trees in Ashenvale.

I mean, really, we're about to end the burning crusade once and for all, but Genn and Sylvanas still can't come to an agreement over control of "strategic" cliffs in Stormheim?

The little exchange between Warchief Sylvanas and Varian Wrynn and subsequent joint effort in the battle in the Legion opening cinematic was so awesome because it showed cooperation and respect between the two leaders in light of a far greater threat. Since that point it's back to bickering over empty Elven towers of little to no strategic importance other than the scenic view.

Blizzard have progressed the rest of the franchise well beyond what it once was, but PvP and actually developing the faction leaders (seriously, Saurfang needs to step forward, he's been a total BAMF since WOTLK but has had little limelight since then) is something they have actually regressed on I think.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    LOL when did you escape the nut house? :P
    "Damn it! I've been compromised!" *Miserably escapes through a window*

But on a serious note, it feels Horde have just been falling since end of MoP, everyone in the Horde betrays now days, the warchief is easily replaced and hold less meaning it once did, and overall are the "lower faction" compared to the Grand Alliance.

Now I havn't been playing so much on the Alliance side so I can't say how it feels to play on the other side, do you guys have it as bad as we, or even worse? As from a Horde perspektiv it feels Horde are just horrible bad atm. And looking at the Alliance, it looks at least good for you guys, or decent at most?

Deleted
    No, the faction war plotline makes no sense anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    no? blizzard already said only a minor of orcs stayed with Garrosh, the dragonmaw are alive and are in the horde, six years? who cares? this irrelevant

LOL for you there is no reason to fight, but there are reasons for the factions fight, You are not the whole faction, again, the players are minority, just because they are hippies of peace will not make a difference

and nice one putting gameplay over lore, like make difference how many people you kill in some quests lmao

but yeah i do not want kill off my entire population and drive my race extinct, i want to kill of the entire population and drive the enemy faction race to extinction

- - - Updated - - -

that is how things should be handled, every faction have his own things to do at some point.

never forget the fight between Saurfang and Magni, we are fighting against a big threat but fuck the enemy faction
    I'm not putting gameplay over lore? I'm saying that if you had two armies of 150k people there is literally no way they would last 35 years. Even if only five people died per day that's still over half the army gone.

And lol you want to commit genocide? Sorry dude, nobody else wants to roleplay Hitler. Come on now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I can totally understand that Legion was a huge threat that has to be dealt with in order to save Azeroth so that's why factions combined forces together but I kinda miss Alliance vs Horde conflict.

I really wish that the next expansion will go to the roots in some way and focus on war between these two factions.

Imagine - Kul Tiras, a new capital city for Alliance and some kind of new city for Horde. Even if we would have to deal with N'zoth or void lords, I would like to see some tention between these factions - kinda like it was shown in WotLK at the Wrathgate. Both factions faced Lick King but didn't trust themselves which dealt to some epic confrontations (Argent Tournament for example).

For me WoW is more interesting when there is an Alliance vs Horde conflict on the horizon. How about you?
    Yes It should be, It should be the focus of most expansions with occasional rallying cries for otherworldly threats, that's how It should be... what's the point of having a game called WARcraft If we're not fighting Alliance VS Horde?

The 4th war, aka war since Cataclysm until the end of Pandaria that was a fun conflict, It made Interesting storytelling... It wasn't centerpoint so It was made less Interesting. So yes, an expansion focused on Alliance/Horde dominating other lands, continents, more planets for resources cause I'm sure we need more cause Azeroth Is surely being drained of them now.

Also, Horde could have Kezan? But then Undermine or whats It called Is more neutral... but we'd fine a place. There's lots of potential, because I've really gotten tired of dealing with world wide threats against Azeroth, only to be like "Okay back to fighting Alliance dog-...a new threat has arrisen, we must unite!...again. Oh for god-.." It's just that kinda reaction. And It still makes no sense that we go do Battlegrounds, arenas and such while we're dealing with such threats, and we're having large Alliance VS Horde battles In Legion, just like we did have Ashran on Warlords...

I just want battles like that, but all across the expansion, I want to see a Stoletalon esk storyline, many and many catapults being fired here and there, villages burning, people being dismissed for being dishonourable, the horrors of war from both sides being shown and put on the spotlight... that's what Warcraft needs.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

In vanilla where there were still skills to grind (one hand, two hand, unarmed... you get the picture), every race had a "speech skill" eg. Orcish - 300/300.
    Back in those days, when I was overwhelmed by this game (and Blizz still thought about allowing players to learn other factions languages), I got an idea that it would be great if races could switch factions by "grinding" (by quest chains etc.) reputation in the opposite one (eg. Bloodsail Buccaneers rep. farm etc.)
    Things would be hard (my char is still hated by Steamwheedle Cartel) but imo. it would be really nice to see a races from ally or horde running around in other factions tier sets
    Apart from that, it would be left to the players to decide if they want to be in a faction they started in or they want to undertake the task of gaining trust of the opposite one. Imagine how many people from horde would switch factions to alliance because they hated Garrosh, during MoP ;p

I do want the conflict. I do. It seems harder to pull off now, because it's not just Horde and Alliance, anymore. We're dealing with global threats regularly now that constantly undermine it.

That aside, who's going to instigate the conflict, that people will care about, and actually get people to take it seriously and not just think they're evil or old hat -- Saurfang? Shandris? Rokhan? Danath Trollbane? Crowley? Nathanos? Boss Mida? Muradin? The Hozen and Jinyu? Could we even get characters like Anduin and Baine to ever become involved in the conflict without it just being a flash of hatred sparked by misunderstanding only to be swept off the rug when the next prime evil steps up to make it all mean nothing again?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not putting gameplay over lore? I'm saying that if you had two armies of 150k people there is literally no way they would last 35 years. Even if only five people died per day that's still over half the army gone.

And lol you want to commit genocide? Sorry dude, nobody else wants to roleplay Hitler. Come on now.
    there is not like te races reproduze right? and faction war don mean we gonna have a full fight army every single day ffs

the faction war was fine until MOP, they should back to do like it was

and sorry for want make war, in a game called WAR-CRAFT 4Head Kappa