Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There are other Chistians too....

https://www.youtube.com/user/FreeBurmaRanger/videos

http://www.freeburmarangers.org

I don't know the full background of the Free Burma Rangers but I deeply respect what they do. That guy is a hero..... When you whatch their videos and how they rescue people it kind of touches me, especially seeing all the young and innocent children.

There's no way you should let anyone drown or send them back to the hell they escaped from, i.e. their certain death. But on the other hand I also don't want Europe to be flooded with refugees. This one alt right European boat will achieve nothing.

I'd go for the human trafficers first and try to find solutions outside Europe. But that's such a huge task I've no idea how.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Well Italy is pleading to the rest of its European mates, to to take some of the migrants..

It appears Italy is being ignored..

Sounds like the rest of Europe is giving the big finger to Italy.
    On June 26th, Merkel assured that Germany would help Italy. The problem is a bit more complicated than you think it is. You shouldn't make posts like this, uninformed as you are.
    Last edited by Slant; 2017-07-14 at 08:32 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Here's the difference, I have no desire to force my will upon you. You are demonstrating my point for me, humanity's innate desire to rule over others.
    I conceded that point because it doesn't matter.
    And i'm tilting at way to many windmills with you to add some extra unnecessary ones to the list.

Migration is a freedom,
    Can i migrate into your house?
    By what right can you stop me?
    You are free to migrate anywhere where no one owns the land, or where the owner doesn't object to your entry.
    Sadly, There aren't really any un-owned pieces of land anywhere.
    Migration is not a freedom or a right.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    So Christians in Europe will benefit from someone commiting murder.
    Nowhere in Christianity it is said you cannot protect your borders.

Deleted
    I do think people have a strong desire to rule over others.
    No, we have a strong desire to group together because we are social animals.
    A social group by definition requires rules.
    Once sufficient complexity is introduced to the system (i'e, people) it requires law and order.
    From there the state grows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    While the EU indeed needs to do more and find a humane way to stop the flood of boats, dropping people randomly off in a country of your chosing is not a feasible idea. That will create conflict between nations.
    They are coming out of Libya.
    Dropping them of in Libya seems like a wonderful idea.
    As for 'conflicts' Maybe the EU should remember that in terms of global power, We need not concern ourselves with their goddamned opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    That's an interesting thing for the so-called "christian" Europe. So there's a group of people with the goal of killing foreigners
    Yeah no, the vast majority of the libyan refugees are African in origin, mostly north Africa and Central Africa - Literally not a single one is fleeing war.

Deleted
    What I am saying is Europe has to do more in discouraging African Migrants from risking their lives in leaky boats
    and crossing the Med.

There needs to be a bit of a deterrence from making the crossing..

You must be pleased that 2000 people crossing the Med have died so far.
    If you think that they will survive the trip back when barely reaching their destination in leaky boats, you're an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    The point is to stop them dying in shitty bots.

If the boats are turned back to Africa then word will spread that people smugglers can't help you and people wouldn't spend their life's savings to make the journey if they would just be turned back anyway.

The only reason so many are drowning is because these rescue organisations are sending the message that they will be saved and brought to Europe.
    And it's worth sacrificing the lives of some to achieve this goal?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Article says they're turning them back, you twist that around to "making sure people drown and die", do you work for CNN?
    If they've made it all the way to Europe in their dangerously poor boats, do you really think they'll make it back in the same boats?

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    We are not sacrificing lives, the migrants are committing suicide.

Nobody has to die if the rescue boats take them back to north Africa and stopping the system entirely. Only the people smugglers profit from mass migration.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

If you think that they will survive the trip back when barely reaching their destination in leaky boats, you're an idiot.
    If they've made it all the way to Europe in their dangerously poor boats, do you really think they'll make it back in the same boats?
    What makes you think they make it to europe on their boat?
    They barely make it out of Lybian waters where they are picked up by NGO ships and then ferried to italy.

THEY WOULD NEVER MAKE IT TO ITALY ON THEIR OWN IN THE FIRST PLACE
    And even if they did, if we would turn around every boat they would stop coming right away. It's what Australia did and it works

P.S. watch this video if you don't believe me

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Everyone in Nazi Germany was complicit to the creation of it, and indirectly to the crimes committed by it. There was no innocent people.

- - - Updated - - -

No. The state is implementing the right of every individual to his own territory.
    Then the same can be said for the transgressions of any government. That justifies the actions of terrorists, who kill the citizens of any government they feel wronged them.

The state is limiting the freedoms of individuals in order to solidify its own power, that's what states do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    I conceded that point because it doesn't matter.
    And i'm tilting at way to many windmills with you to add some extra unnecessary ones to the list.

Can i migrate into your house?
    By what right can you stop me?
    You are free to migrate anywhere where no one owns the land, or where the owner doesn't object to your entry.
    Sadly, There aren't really any un-owned pieces of land anywhere.
    Migration is not a freedom or a right.
    Like I said, that's how people, and usually governments, limit those freedoms. Governments limit those freedoms by enacting laws to restrict them. People limit those freedoms by their own use of force.

Migration is a freedom that is simply restricted in many locations. Living is also a freedom that is also severely limited by both governments and individuals.

Deleted
    Like I said, that's how people, and usually governments, limit those freedoms. Governments limit those freedoms by enacting laws to restrict them. People limit those freedoms by their own use of force.

Migration is a freedom that is simply restricted in many locations. Living is also a freedom that is also severely limited by both governments and individuals.
    Is a man stranded alone on an island 'Free'?

- - - Updated - - -

Given that a majority are picked up well before the halway point...
    Yes, because its the pot of gold on the other side that makes them take the risk on the boat.
    Remove the pot of gold and people will stop coming.
    And thus consequently, stop dying at sea.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2017-07-14 at 11:48 AM.

And the answer to all three questions: Go out there in nice shiny boats, pick them up from their shitty rubber dinghies, drop them off in Libya.

Is a man stranded alone on an island 'Free'?

- - - Updated - - -

Given that a majority are picked up well before the halway point...

Yes, because its the pot of gold on the other side that makes them take the risk on the boat.
    Remove the pot of gold and people will stop coming.
    And thus consequently, stop dying at sea.
    That man is limited by geography, but he is still free to try and move. He can build a boat, and move.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    For some, hate is a bottomless pit.
    As are trite and abstract declarations.

Nowhere in Christianity it is said you cannot protect your borders.
    It's said everywhere

"But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
    “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’"

It's up to the Christians to live up to those words or to start inventing excuses. Noone said it would be easy.

edit: I have no problem with people rejecting immigrants. I have problem with people killing other people under the banner of Christianity.
    Last edited by procne; 2017-07-14 at 04:34 PM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    doesn't matter. what these migrants do is they capsize their boat once they see someone is near and those people are forced to help because of law

Deleted
    Yeah no, the vast majority of the libyan refugees are African in origin, mostly north Africa and Central Africa - Literally not a single one is fleeing war.
    @procne I didn't read you in full.
    However, the point remains the same.
    (even if it's called "turning back" and the immigrants themselves jump into water / break their boats. Bottom line is that due to their actions people die).
    No it won't.
    Returning them to Libya will make it so fewer try to reach Europe - We know this, because it's literally been done.

What I am saying is Europe has to do more in discouraging African Migrants from risking their lives in leaky boats
    and crossing the Med.

There needs to be a bit of a deterrence from making the crossing..

You must be pleased that 2000 people crossing the Med have died so far.
    lol cut the crap. I bet you'd jerk off to drowning refugees.

Deleted
    Should be interesting & I respect this group for finally taking action.
    Really? I dont have respect for fascists. The identitary movement are fascists.

The far-Right and anti-Muslim group is made up of young people from France, Germany, Italy and Austria and has been described as the European equivalent of America’s alt-right movement.
    They are filth, criminals that need to be stopped. They want to sink refugee boats.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    And that's why blocking the boats from entering European waters is a good idea. That'll leave it up to the captain to sail back where he came from.
    Most of them doesn't even have a captain nor a motor on those rubber boats.

Are their countries run by Martians?

- - - Updated - - -

Were those brutal dictators planted from Nibiru? Are those Martians who fight in the proxy wars?
    Might as well have been. Sure as hell, the people fleeing aren't the people in charge, would take an idiot of astronomical proportions to think that.

Further more most damage done to these countries was done before they were even born or could "vote" (assuming that's even a right they had).