10+ Year Old Account
    Rams stuff might be interesting, just because of the new staff. Saints talk is gonna be all about Peterson running his mouth or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Rams stuff might be interesting, just because of the new staff. Saints talk is gonna be all about Peterson running his mouth or some shit.
    Both are better than the current "Lynch needs to win the QB battle over the terrible veteran Siemian or he is a bust" stuff Denver has going on right now with certain media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle should have a pretty quiet camp which is a nice change from the past few seasons. I'm gonna be following things much less than previous seasons as well. Though I miiiiiight be going to either the Philly or Indy primetime games in Seattle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    In other news, it's time for the Supplemental Draft, aren't you guys excited?!

Okay, too late to get excited now. Only 2 players were in it and no one drafted them. Supplemental draft officially over again.

Maybe next year.
    Wtf is a supplemental draft?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    49ers fan is back with knowledge! The supplemental draft is a draft where players with "issues" that either would have hindered / prevented them from entering the draft proper can be selected. NFL team selecting thim has to give up a future draft pick if I recall correctly. Two players selected in "recent" supplemental drafts are Terrelle Pryor and Josh Gordon.

Leaving with this message: Niners QB situation sucks, but I have more hope with Shanahan and Lynch leading this team than what I would with Trent Baalke (GM) + any HC option that was available this year.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    The supplemental draft has "rounds" where it is like a silent auction and teams "bid" the round they would select a player, then they pay for that selection with a draft pick of the corresponding round in the following year's entry draft.

Players in the supplemental draft are generally players who didn't apply for the entry draft and then ran in to some kind of eligibility issue that meant they wouldn't be able to play NCAA football in the fall and are making a forced jump to the NFL instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    49ers fan is back with knowledge!
    Wow, there's a blast from the past. Our resident 49'ers/Ravens fan. How are you and will you be around for the season? Or just dropping by?

10+ Year Old Account
    Michael Floyd suspended 4 games.

but... kombucha!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Michael Floyd suspended 4 games.

but... kombucha!?
    This is for his DWI that got him kicked out of Arizona, not the recent "kombucha" incident.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never know how to act when people respond sincerely to my bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, there's a blast from the past. Our resident 49'ers/Ravens fan. How are you and will you be around for the season? Or just dropping by?
    I will be in off and on. Currently in the U.S. Navy and on deployment, I will be back fully during the regular season! And getting a bunch of cheap Jags tickets! Stationed in Jacksonville has its perks hehe. Glad you remembered me though!
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    I will be in off and on. Currently in the U.S. Navy and on deployment, I will be back fully during the regular season!
    Cool, always nice to have more people in here.

And getting a bunch of cheap Jags tickets! Stationed in Jacksonville has its perks hehe.
    So what's the perks?

Nah, seriously, there's probably a few good Jags home games.

Just looked, you have bad luck. They play the Ravens, but it's in London and they play the 49'ers, but it's an away game. They have a fantastic stretch in December though, the 3rd home for the Colts (division), 10th home for the Seahawks and 17th home for the Texans (another division game). Even if the Jags are out of it, those other teams will likely need wins to stay in playoff hunt so they will be ready to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    The perks are that I get to at least watch one pro team play! Whoever plays the Jags lol.

I saw that part of the schedule. I was bummed out, oh well though. I watched the Ravens beat them in a show of ineptitude last year. There was like 5 turnovers in the last 4 minutes of the game. Ravens won by two points. Watching Jalen Ramsey was fun though, that kid is a monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    In that division I would want to see the Titans. They were pretty entertaining last year.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never know how to act when people respond sincerely to my bullshit.
    I giggle to myself watching other people respond to that person saying that they think I was being sarcastic.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    July

July 15: At 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for any club that designated a Franchise Player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one-year contract with his prior club for the 2016 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club’s last regular season game.
    That's today. 3 players have Franchise tags and are not signed yet to longer contracts. QB Kirk Cousins (Washington), CB Trumain Johnson (Rams) and RB Le'Veon Bell (Steelers).

If they do not sign a contract today then they cannot sign till after the last game of the season at which point Free Agency is so close that it's likely not worth signing an extension at that point either.

From rumors it seems very unlikely that Cousins and Johnson sign any contract today, so the only one to really watch for is Bell.

Deadline is in roughly 8 hours from now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zeke needs to knock it the fuck off and grow up. Always involved in some bullshit every few weeks it feels. Dallas needs to give him the Dez treatment.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Zeke needs to knock it the fuck off and grow up. Always involved in some bullshit every few weeks it feels. Dallas needs to give him the Dez treatment.
    Cant really hold car wrecks against him though, especially one in which he was the passenger. Everything else is the NFL taking its sweet time on the DV false accusation, and Im sure they'll still suspend him a game over it because "we must seem like we protect women cause we've fucked up", which in this case only punishes an innocent player because of a vindictive ho.

This bar incident though...god damn. Yeah, give him the Dez treatment. Super short leash and get him the hell out of his current posse.

I swear this week hasn't been kind to me NFL wise. First D'Onta Foreman, now Zeke.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Lucky Whitehead's dog was stolen for ransom money apparently. Fuck this shit

10+ Year Old Account
    "The #Panthers announced GM Dave Gettleman has been fired. Wow."

Rapoport

Hooooooly shit. WTF is going on lately with succesfull teams firing their GM's. Gettleman was pretty much the main reason the Panthers recovered from cap-hell and very much involved in getting them to that Superbowl. And now this? Crazy.

If I were the Jets I'd fire my GM on the spot and give Gettleman a blank check.

- - - Updated - - -

Josh Norman and Steve Smith have both already reacted with glee about the firing. There's also rumblings that the Panthers locker room didn't exactly love the guy. Guess Gettleman may have been a good personnel guy, but lacking in being on the same page as his players.