Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Tucker and Dale vs. Evil
    Everyone needs to see this. It's hilarious.
    Oh, indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Last movie I saw: Spider Man: Homecoming: 7.5/10

It was decent enough, nothing spectacular or ground breaking. I liked it, didn't love it.

Best part was the post credits stinger.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    When did Spidey lose his spider sense?
    I wasn't really wowed by this take on Spider-Man...6/10
    Maybe I'm just tired of comic book movies.
    It was a 7/10 movie for me and really entertaining but like you, it had a couple off moments.

When did they stop calling it a spider sense or stopped referring to it all together? Just seemed odd.

The other thing, he slid around way to much when wall crawling or similar action. To me that was off given the comics had him falling off buildings with no web fluid and touching the wall to stop himself, pulling his arm out of the socket because he powers of adhering to surfaces were so strong.

All minor thing of course but "off" when it comes to spiderman. Still a very enjoyable movie though.

Wonder Woman - 4/10

Easiest explanation for the movie: Romantic comedy that happens to involve a goddess with innocent and naive expectations of what humanity is and her desire to end evil behind WWI.

Things I enjoyed: Gal Gadot and Chris Pine (I think I'd enjoy these two in any movie). The way Wonder Woman just wrecked people (as she should). I also enjoyed the "naive and innocent" aspect I mentioned above. So the Wonder Woman herself was actually good, just stuck in a mediocre movie.

Problems: Lack of substance and depth. The sexual tension between the two main characters. And the dialogue was kind of lacking in cases. This is not a movie like Suicide Squad where I was able to be comfortable in the simple "this movie sucks". This is a movie where I walk out and realize there was nothing that remained in me, because there was actually no investment from me in the movie itself. And I did want to see a good movie. I'll say Man of Steel and BvS are much better, even with the holes/flaws, because the things that were good in those movies, weren't just good, they remained in my head as memorable moments.

Biggest disappointment: The villain. I can't think of anything that would make him worse than he already is right now.

The Lego Batman Movie 9/10

I just love Lego<3

Batman is made so good in The Lego Movie and now theres even more of it!? - SO GOOD!

The character is so funny!! and well written

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

This movie is the closest to a Batman and The Joker OTP you gonna get

10+ Year Old Account
    Spider-Man: Homecoming: 9 ~ 10 Thoroughly enjoyed it. Some nice surprises. I'd put it up there just about even with Spider-Man 2. That drive to the dance was pretty tense. Great scene.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Wonder Woman: 4/10

Rather bland and boring. Gal is pretty enough to boost the score up to a 4. Action was dumb, you can feel the snyder in it but not enough of it. I'd heard there was a major agenda behind this movie but I didn't pick up on that at all, so that was nice. Some of the effects were cool enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I'm lame, I watch like 2 new movies a year. Last one I saw was Rogue One. 8/10, and my new favorite Star Wars Movie.

Here's hoping they continue with the grown-up/lived in style in future Star Wars movies.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    All minor thing of course but "off" when it comes to spiderman. Still a very enjoyable movie though.
    A lot of people seemed to have found it "off" in some way. But the one mentioned "guilt" came close to hitting the nail on the head to me. The whole "With great power comes great responsibility" is nonexistent. One of the core measures of maturity is responsibility. And for this movie we couldn't have that. We had to have a kid that simply wants to impress Stark so he could be an Avenger. So one of the biggest tropes for comic books...like ever, is gone. That should rate a big negative for older fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghost in the Shell: 7/10

It is definitely not as bad as people made it out to be. The first half is pretty good, it sets the tone pretty well, gives you a proper cyberpunk feel of a completely new futuristic world, but the second devolves into typical """"""sci-fi"""""" action Hollywood crap. It exceeded expectations, but will always be forgotten in the end. It could become the new Matrix if it really wanted to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Ghost in the Shell: 7/10

It is definitely not as bad as people made it out to be. The first half is pretty good, it sets the tone pretty well, gives you a proper cyberpunk feel of a completely new futuristic world, but the second devolves into typical """"""sci-fi"""""" action Hollywood crap. It exceeded expectations, but will always be forgotten in the end. It could become the new Matrix if it really wanted to.
    I also loved it.
    It's not for everybody because it's not action packed but the feels you get from the movie are pretty nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Sheep (2006): 8.5 ~ 10 That was delightful.

Don Jon: 7.5 ~ 10 Not bad, but points deducted for making me feel bad about masturbating so much.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Baby Driver: 9/10 Really fun movie, albeit story was lacking a bit but does so many things so well you sort of forget about that and just enjoy the ride.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I also loved it.
    It's not for everybody because it's not action packed but the feels you get from the movie are pretty nice
    Not action packed?

The movie was like 1h45min long and about 1h30min of that were action scenes.

I really didn't like the movie at all. Scarlett was fuckable as always, but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Not action packed?

I really didn't like the movie at all. Scarlett was fuckable as always, but that's about it.
    Easy to just hand wave away opposing views as people just "didnt get it" or even worse hyperbole like "Sorry its not mindless action and tries to reach a higher level in entertainment that cannot be understood or even appreciated by your average Neanderthal". Ghost in a shell was good but it doesnt quite capture the dizzying heights of emotional mastery the power ranges film did.

Saving private Ryan - 9/10. Getting ready for dunkirk thought Id watch some of the classics, Still holds up. Tom Hank is great as the bad ass math teacher captain. So many great scenes, the sniper stand off is particularly memorable and of course the bridge defense

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Saving private Ryan - 9/10. Getting ready for dunkirk thought Id watch some of the classics, Still holds up. Tom Hank is great as the bad ass math teacher captain. So many great scenes, the sniper stand off is particularly memorable and of course the bridge defense
    He was a history teacher!

You should check out some Finnish war movies, there are a couple of good ones - kind of old but still good.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098437/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0162625/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090215/
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Not action packed?

You can level many criticisms at the new Ghost in the Shell, but I'm pretty sure that's observably false, even in an exaggerated sense.

War for the Planet of the Apes - 9/10

This is a must see for moviegoers. I was skeptical after the second one but this movie really sealed the deal. Great action and drama that has you rooting for the apes over the humans. Highly recommend it.

War of the PLanet of the Apes 9.5/10
    Best movie I've seen this year. The script was brilliant. And when taken together with the prior two movies have to be the best written trilogy ever. (Not sure if that's saying much)
    There are moments of startling poignancy in this rather grim movie that reminds us how human the apes have become.
    Serkis still owns this. He wasn't a human playing an ape. He was an ape that had humanity.
    Of course there are the special effects. But none so special as to how human they made the eyes of the apes. The subtlety seems rare considering the big budget sloppy shit that other movies seem to have. And Reeves can make you feel wonder at the amount of emotion seen when he has the camera simply lock on the face of any of the apes for a moment.

A couple of scenes that got me:
    The big ape that put a flower in the little girls hair...he came across as so macho earlier...and his expression to the others seemed to pugnaciously say "What're you looking at?"
    ------------
    The little girl crying over that ape's body...
    -------------
    Caesar with the hatred clearly showing in his eyes, holding a gun to the Colonel's head...and that hatred draining away to be replaced by pity as he puts the gun down unfired. Both staring into each others eyes, one clearly a lost soul, the other...a soul redeemed. Moments earlier he had said he had too much of Koba in him...and then you saw his expression when he put the gun down..."Maybe not.." And he was glad of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    War of the PLanet of the Apes 9.5/10
    Best movie I've seen this year. The script was brilliant. And when taken together with the prior two movies have to be the best written trilogy ever. (Not sure if that's saying much)
    There are moments of startling poignancy in this rather grim movie that reminds us how human the apes have become.
    Serkis still owns this. He wasn't a human playing an ape. He was an ape that had humanity.
    Of course there are the special effects. But none so special as to how human they made the eyes of the apes. The subtlety seems rare considering the big budget sloppy shit that other movies seem to have. And Reeves can make you feel wonder at the amount of emotion seen when he has the camera simply lock on the face of any of the apes for a moment.

A couple of scenes that got me:
    The big ape that put a flower in the little girls hair...he came across as so macho earlier...and his expression to the others seemed to pugnaciously say "What're you looking at?"
    ------------
    The little girl crying over that ape's body...
    -------------
    Caesar with the hatred clearly showing in his eyes, holding a gun to the Colonel's head...and that hatred draining away to be replaced by pity as he puts the gun down unfired. Both staring into each others eyes, one clearly a lost soul, the other...a soul redeemed. Moments earlier he had said he had too much of Koba in him...and then you saw his expression when he put the gun down..."Maybe not.." And he was glad of it.
    Agreed.

Seeing the apes reach their new home and the emotional reaction and speech from Maurice is what really got me. Above that, the intro really felt like an allusion to older science fiction films and the opening battle was just epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    War for the Planet of the Apes: 9/10

I was expecting a decent popcorn flick, I got an emotionally supercharged rollercoaster of cinematic greatness instead. Essential.