Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Russia story already dead, time to move on to something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    I was never a really big fan of trump outside of the memefactor and how horrible hillary was (-is) in my opinion, but seriously - what is this need to shit on trump on the stupidest of things? Seriously.
    I agree. This is not a topic really worth trashing him on. It was a classless comment, but it isn't as bad as other things he has said. This should just pass on by.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    I'm still confused how anybody can see America as a civilized pioneer. They peddled back and are happy about it.
    Well we don't anymore do we? What Trumpettes don't understand is that you can't be both a great power whilst simultaneously being an isolationist, Trump has ceded being the leader of the free world and it's up for grabs between powers which actually want to influence events like Germany, China and Russia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Learning, listening, considering, and adapting. I'm not stubborn. If I am presented with information that can teach me something, i'll take it all in and possibly change my position. I refuse to be willingly ignorant.
    . He comes from a time when this was normal and everyone weren't all butt hurt social justice warriors who get offended by everything.

Maybe the time to reevaluate is now instead of following the trend of being offended by everything,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athelstan123 View Post
    . He comes from a time when this was normal and everyone weren't all butt hurt social justice warriors who get offended by everything.

Maybe the time to reevaluate is now instead of following the trend of being offended by everything,
    Not sure where you get the idea that I am offended by anything. Especially when I specifically have stated in this thread that this is not cause to be offended.

He also came from a time when it was ok to be racist. If Trump were racist today, should we all just give him a pass on making racist comments since that is the era he came from?

Deleted
    Not sure where you get the idea that I am offended by anything. Especially when I specifically have stated in this thread that this is not cause to be offended.

He also came from a time when it was ok to be racist. If Trump were racist today, should we all just give him a pass on making racist comments since that is the era he came from?
    Firstly your earlier comment is completely contradictory to the one you made later.

Secondly calling someone beautiful and calling someone a N****r for example are completely different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly your earlier comment is completely contradictory to the one you made later.

Secondly calling someone beautiful and calling someone a N****r for example are completely different things.
    k, you can't comprehend the point i'm making, and substituting misunderstandings for assumptions. Have fun with that.

Deleted
    k, you can't comprehend the point i'm making, and substituting misunderstandings for assumptions. Have fun with that.
    It's hard to understand an argument when it's been contradicted by itself half a dozen times.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to understand an argument when it's been contradicted by itself half a dozen times.
    mhm. you are right. that's how this went. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    I was never a really big fan of trump outside of the memefactor and how horrible hillary was (-is) in my opinion, but seriously - what is this need to shit on trump on the stupidest of things? Seriously.
    Because man, this is the SMOKING GUN! How dare he compliment a woman? Clearly this is an impeachable offense.

He was TRYING to be flattering -- but it was still widely viewed as a creepy thing to do.
    Even when he actually DOES try to do something right, he fucks it up.

As has been pointed out in the news, simply saying: "You look lovely," or something, was all he needed.
    But he does-stated as he always does and came off sounding weird and stupid.

But hey, it's Donald Trump folks.

It was definitely the wrong place and the wrong time.

While it is technically a compliment he delivered it horribly.

Not to mention trump has a history of sexism so any sexual remark from him is always sour.

15+ Year Old Account
    Offense is taken, and he didn't say anything wrong.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Liberals have Trump derangement, and can't help themselves.
    much like you can't help yourself labeling everyone criticizing trump as deranged Liberals ?

The French first lady did not say anything that implies she was offended by the comment. You literally just made that up.

You completely made this up. Nothing was inappropriate, nobody was offended except people who insist on despising everything Donald Trump says and does. I didn't even vote for him, but this is just stupid.

Didn't he say she was beautiful?

Are we reading the same fucking post?

Deleted
    OP has issues sleeping at night when not mentioning trump on minor silly stuff.

So what if he called her beautiful??? if anything its kind remark, there is nothing offensive about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arunu View Post
    or...... you know he could keep his mouth shut about physical appearance, I don't know about you guys but i don't go around calling other peoples wives beautiful in front of them or saying they look "toned ".

The end of the world ? not even close, but damn man etiquette or even a modicum of subtlety is definitely not his forte.
    IDK, I do. I was at a buddy's wedding last week and Told him that him and his brother both did way too good for themselves as they both managed to pick up some pretty damn Fine looking women. I see it as a compliment if someone calls my wife beautiful other than me it means she will be in a good mood and want Sex. So win win for everyone involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the fact that she isn't offended and all he did was give her a compliment, it's clear that posting this opinion piece is really just here to rile up the forum.