Page 1 of 63
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alliance New Alliance race : void High elves ? (some spoilers)

I can totally see it
    On ptr, Alleria becomes the first high elf to embrace void magic by siphoning the very essence of a fallen Naaru, and she ends up mastering its powers.
    I think there's a good probability she will teach her newly acquired knowledge to the remaining Allerian elves of Argus and Outland the way Illidan did to Blood elves (Yep Thalassian rangers who followed Alleria during WII are on Argus too : http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=121559/high-elf-ranger) but also to her sister Vereesa who in turn, will bring what she learnt to the High elves of Azeroth, thus creating a new lore and unlocking High elves as a playable race for the Alliance.

From this way, the high elves would finally become interesting counterparts to blood elves instead of just being Alliance-loyal blood elves.

Blood elves would draw their power from the light of a Naaru, while High elves would do it from a dead one.

Void High elves would be a darkened elf race with a mix of thalassian culture and void magic style. Instead of just having generic classes, they could bring to the Alliance some interesting classes combinations such as Void paladin, void cleric and void magister. And it would really fit the upcoming expansion based upon the rise of the old gods !

What are your thoughts ?

(found on Scrolls of lore) datamined stuff from 7.3

EDIT :

Void elves are now officially a thing !

These voidelf items got their unique icons !

09/15/17 Edit

http://www.wowdb.com/npcs/121559-high-elf-ranger
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=121559/high-elf-ranger

This is new guys. High elves rangers using the void.

Void Arrow
    60 yd range
    1.5 sec cast
    Requires level 20
    Inflicts Shadow damage to an enemy, increasing damage taken by 10% and reducing their movement speed by 30% for 8 sec.

Deteriorate
    40 yd range
    Instant
    Void energy ripples through an enemy, unsettling the fabric of their reality, increasing damage taken by 10% and reducing movement speed by 30% for 8 sec.

Void-infused high elves are a thing.

Edit : 10/22

Seems I was right folks !

http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...aces-datamined

Last edited by elbleuet; 2017-10-22 at 08:35 PM.

Stop trying to make high elves happen, it's never going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nope, high elves will never be playable on alliance.

Btw, a high elf being playable thread is great detox for all that sylvanas overdose we had last 2 weeks.

Only if the Horse get fel Gnolls

Can someone explain me this obsession with high elves? Why don't you just play blood elves if you like elves so much?
    It's basically the same race, just different eyes or whatevs.

I don't think they'll add 'void elves' to the Alliance. That said, the biggest thing stopping them from adding high elves is the fact they're virtually identical to blood elves. If the void influence were to say mutate them to a sufficient degree I suppose they could work. (Yes there's the population thing too but the amount of Pandaren that actually joined the horde or alliance was pretty tiny, most stayed on the turtle/pandaria neutral, the ones that actually joined a faction are not large and now we have no need for full fledged city since blizz hasn't added a racial city since BC.) I mean, undead and worgen are both humans that were altered by magic.

That said I doubt it will happen and don't particularly want it but void mutated elves I suppose could.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Can someone explain me this obsession with high elves? Why don't you just play blood elves if you like elves so much?
    Because pointy-eared folk are cool for some people? It's like how others like dwarves a lot, only their females aren't as hot :P .

Different culture as well, which is kind of important for roleplaying and such. I mean, you're not going to find High Elves keeping slaves around in Silvermoon, for example.
    Still not tired of winning.

Deleted
    We have enough elves. I also think the void is a horribly boring concept and I'm sad to see that instead of just slapping some Fel corruption on everything, they'll start throwing Void corruption on everything related to the void lords.

Went to a BC midnight launch and heard quite alot of alliance players super pissed that they didn't get both bloodelves and draenei because the horde didn't deserve to have an attractive race lol! They just hate the horde and don't want to play on horde side but want the pretty race.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    You know I never thought it could happen either until 7.3 showed Silgryn communicating with and finding similarities between both Nightborne and the Blood Elves. Now I feel that it's very possible that Alliance may get High Elves(akin to Belves) and Horde gets Nightfallen (akin to Nelves) (small and early 7.3 spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Yeah same as demon hunters, right?

Uhm maybe because they are horde?
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-07-14 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Because pointy-eared folk are cool for some people? It's like how others like dwarves a lot, only their females aren't as hot :P .

Different culture as well, which is kind of important for roleplaying and such. I mean, you're not going to find High Elves keeping slaves around in Silvermoon, for example.
    But high elves don't have culture to put it bluntly.
    They're just blood elves who didn't like mana syphnoning from critters and think they're above that.
    Blood elf culture is elf culture, and high elves are basically castaways from Silvermoon.

They don't have their capital, their own nation and are living in Dalaran/Stormwind, which is led by humans.
    They're basically humans with pointy ears.

Not attacking you particularly, but it's just looking for excuse to have "good-natured" elves on the Alliance side.
    If you want to play elves either switch to Horde or deal with not playing them.

I think the closest thing we might get to high elves are half-elves as a human subrace. The Horde equivalent could be having Mok'Nathal/Half-ogres as an orc subrace and throwing in Mag'har and Blackrock skins as additional customization.

The blood elves accepted fel magic out of necessity. Why would the high elves embrace the void so readily?

because i dont want to be horde
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

So the people who were so against siphoning magic off other beings they got banished, are suddenly now just gonna hop on that boat?
    Cause the blood elves did it for survival, and that still was justification for horror from the high elves.

A subrace of Void Elves born from the high Elves would be the biggest cultural flip flop ever. It'd be akin to the orcs suddenly dropping shamanism and ancestor worship randomly for reverence to the Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I think the closest thing we might get to high elves are half-elves as a human subrace. The Horde equivalent could be having Mok'Nathal/Half-ogres as an orc subrace and throwing in Mag'har and Blackrock skins as additional customization.
    This suggestion always baffles me. Why would high elves be a sub race of humans? They're not related at all. Frost dwarves/mag'har and even half ogres are related to their respective parent races. At this point you're just using the sub race idea as a way to shoehorn in entirely different races under existing ones. At that point why not just make them a new race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    So the people who were so against siphoning magic off other beings, they got banished, are suddenly now just gonna hop on that boat?
    Cause the blood elves did it for survival, and that still was justification for heroes from the high elves.

A subrace of Void Elves born from the high Elves would be the biggest cultural flip flop ever. It'd be akin to the orcs suddenly dropping shamanism and ancestor worship randomly for reverence to the Light.
    The elves on Argus with Alleria weren't there to make a choice in the blood/high elf split. Also very few knew about the fel siphoning going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The blood elves accepted fel magic out of necessity. Why would the high elves embrace the void so readily?
    Most blood elves didn't know about the fel stuff. The divide was more about siphoning from creatures like mana wyrms.

We already have high elves. They're the blood elves.

Horde has them. Deal with it.

So it's a subrace built from one ranger squad?

High elves were already barely a race to begin with population wise. Now we'll make them playable out of one ranger squad that certainly didn't lose any members over the course of a thousand year war with the Legion!

- - - Updated - - -

Can I also just say, that while this topic is absurd for numerous reasons, the biggest absurdity is that the Alleria-void crap is being set up to backfire, hard. She's learning all this from an Ethereal, who don't exactly have a great track record for harnessing void magic without "consequences", and we've never seen anyone dealing with this sort of magic that didn't go crazy.
    See : the pale, the Twilight's Hammer, Cho'gall, Deathwing.
    They're setting up conflict and drama with the void stuff, not a new race.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2017-07-14 at 01:59 PM.

I don't think these void elve will be playable. However, all the people claiming that high elves will never be playable should be more careful, as there's several hints pointing that we will finally get more character customization options next expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    So it's a subrace built from one ranger squad?

High elves were already barely a race to begin with population wise. Now we'll make them playable out of one ranger squad that certainly didn't lose any members over the course of a thousand year war with the Legion!
    The story is ongoing, it's possible that Alleria teaches other elves how to tap the void, and it becomes a racial (cultural) trait. I don't think this will be the route taken by Blizzard, thought.