Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Citadel: Forged with Fire - new open world MMORPG

This massive online sandbox RPG features elements of magic, spellcasting, building, exploring and crafting. As a newly minted apprentice of the magic arts, you will set off to the dangerous world of Ignus. Tame mighty beasts, forge alliances, explore uncharted territories or fight for dominance!
    This game is coming out in early access on 26th July.

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/48...ged_with_Fire/
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2017-08-03 at 07:49 PM.

looks to good to be true

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm...Looks interesting, but wonky. Don't know if the Quidditch RP will make me like it more or not.
    BAD WOLF

Looks like yet another EA MMO that is set to disappoint. Just like Wild West Online and kickstarted stuff like Ashes of Creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Open world MMORPG" Sounds too good to be true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, doesn't look too special to be honest. :<

Thing is .. i want to see how actual combat and UI works ... not wonky animations ... we sure as hell are not going to see players lift up and destroy actual buildings .....

sure i would give it a go but this just seems a case of * too good to be true* in the way of what a game engine actually can do in a *world* like this ... but lets see.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Small Canadian Company in Toronto afaik.

Animation looks very very poor, probably low budget. Won't deliver much, look at the video. We don't see much content asides big open space. No combat? No actual city and life. Prepare to be massively disappointed.

However, on the good side, that company (Blue Isle Studios) did the Slender: The Arrival (which was well received) and Valley (http://store.steampowered.com/app/378610/Valley/) which was also well received.

So... who knows!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate shooting down someone making attempts at a game, but when it comes to MMO's, you have to be amazing to get any attention. MMO's are big risk, big reward. They are more expensive than virtually any other kind of game, so it HAS to be successful.

That said, I hope this game is waaaaaay alpha. From what I'm seeing there, they're a good 2-3 years from having something people will want to play. Has some interesting stuff, but it looks a lot like Skyrim + flying
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Nothing says "failure" like "open world mmorpg" nowadays.

Did some reading on this now .... it is from the people that made ARK it seems ? so we might see a server setup like ARK *massive* might be a bit overkill

Still i want to see a UI and actual gameplay and ... a price

but maybe ?

10+ Year Old Account
    just looks ilke skyrim to me

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Did some reading on this now .... it is from the people that made ARK it seems ? so we might see a server setup like ARK *massive* might be a bit overkill

Still i want to see a UI and actual gameplay and ... a price

but maybe ?
    Yeah if it's made by people who worked on ARK then count me out.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-13 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah if it's made by people who worked on ARK then count me out.
    seems so http://virtualbasement.com/#games

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Yeah then count me out as I said. This just looks like another shoddy EA MMO.

Doesn't help the market is overrun with Kickstarter and EA rubbish that either screams bad or has shady practices surrounding it.

Could be interesting, but as with most early access games (especially MMO's) I'll sit on the sidelines and watch to see how things shape up.

Looks like hot garbage. Normally all it would take is the presence of (usable) magic for me to be interested in something but everything about this screams poorly done. The animations are terrible and stiff, combat doesn't seem exciting and the "open world" is open but bare. Also, I'm fairly certain this isn't an MMORPG (at least in the traditional sense) but more like ARK, RUST and those sorts of games.

Deleted
    Lost me at "Sandbox". Basically no dungeons, no raids, no battlegrounds, no gear progression, no nothing, just a huge boring world with nothing to do other than raise sheep and do dailies, same as <insert Korean f2p MMO>. Add in some dire consequences for dying in pvp, like losing your inventory, just for good measure.

No, thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc4fc982b6fe; 2017-07-14 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Sandbox doesn’t necessarily mean that…
    It's meant mostly that in the all of the open world/ sandbox MMO's I've ever played. If it didn't, the dungeons and other PvE related content are so rare or meaningless they may as well not exist.

I have nothing against that type of game, as there are some people who like that, I personally don't as I need a direction and a purpose for doing what I'm doing that's supported by in game lore not just a "go have fun!" general direction because to me, that usually just means I do mundane stuff that just takes up time and is a simulation of life (farming, gardening, crafting, gathering, etc...) and not partaking in an adventure...or having to create an adventure myself and gather a group of people who will take part in my adventure. As I said, there's nothing wrong with that, I just don't like that kind of game.

The game looks like absolute trash. It looks like a Skyrim clone with worse animations and the absolute worst ideas to come out of some more recent MMOs. I highly doubt this game will be successful, if it even makes it out of EA.