Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They're not just Demon Hunters, they're Illidari, which means they were created and trained by Illidan. Given the fact that Illidan hasn't been around for a long time and has been busy fighting the Legion since his return and the latest data mining shows that he'll be gone for the foreseeable future at the conclusion of the final battle here there will be no new Illidari Demon Hunters.

The only lore option would be to RetCon how shit went down at the Black Temple during the training of the Illidari and say that people of all races (or whatever races they decide to unlock) were also trained. That said, the Illidan novel is canon and where the lore for Demon Hunters is established and in that book it makes specific mention of Demon Hunters being only Blood and Night Elves.

I understand the desire to have additional races be Demon Hunters, but lore wise it just doesn't fit, so I'm personally against it as I'm a lore junkie. That said, Blizzard has never been above changing lore to fit and/ or create better game play options so...../shrug. We'll see I guess.
    Now that the Illidari are free in the future couldn't the explanation simply be that they trained new DHs?

Tauren and Draenai would be awesome. Their cloven hooves and horns would look awesome as demon hunters.

Gnome, the only way to make Demon Hunters even more EVIL!!
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2017-07-14 at 03:10 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Now that the Illidari are free in the future couldn't the explanation simply be that they trained new DHs?
    Honestly didn't really think about that, but it is a possibility. That said, Demon Hunters were created for the express purpose of combating the Burning Legion using the Legions own power. At the conclusion of this expansion, based on data mining, we will have ended the threat of the Legion as we imprison Sargeras in the Seat of the Pantheon using the power of the titans and free the world soul of Argus which has been the source of power Sargeras used to power the Legion.

Because of that, there would no longer be a need for Demon Hunters. So how or why would new Demon Hunter races be created from a lore perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Honestly didn't really think about that, but it is a possibility. That said, Demon Hunters were created for the express purpose of combating the Burning Legion using the Legions own power.
    Because of that, there would no longer be a need for Demon Hunters. So how or why would new Demon Hunter races be created from a lore perspective?
    To be fair those spoilers don't eliminate all demons everywhere. Either way though for me I think the game should feel like a world with time passing and part of that should be race class combos expanding. One of my favorite elements of Cata was things like gnome priests and human hunters etc. I think future DH race expansion fits in that same idea (it doesn't need to be the next expac but eventually I can see them opening it up once they want to toss the art assets at doing so).

I don't know about races but I'd like to see the ranged spec with dw crossbows being added.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's not how things work. That's like saying Asians aren't Human.

Draenei and Man'ari are Eredar.

The only difference is that the Draenei weren't corrupted by demons
    That's exactly how it works. If I'd say Kil'jaeden and Archimonde were no Eredar it would be wrong but both of them are not Draenei by fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    To be fair those spoilers don't eliminate all demons everywhere. Either way though for me I think the game should feel like a world with time passing and part of that should be race class combos expanding. One of my favorite elements of Cata was things like gnome priests and human hunters etc. I think future DH race expansion fits in that same idea (it doesn't need to be the next expac but eventually I can see them opening it up once they want to toss the art assets at doing so).
    It could go a few different ways, for sure. I'm just not convinced, right now, that there is a compelling enough lore reason for new Demon Hunters to be created and trained. As I said though, we'll see.

Pandas. Only pandas. In fact, they should remove DH from nelves and belves, and make them all race-change into pandas.

Pandas.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Deleted
    Gnomes. Without any doubt.

Orcs and Draenei are the first that come to mind for me. With the Draenor connection, they're the ones that have the most obvious reasons to go the extra mile to fight the Legion.

I'd love to see a demonized Vengeance Orc, something like buff Gul'dan from the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

7+ Year Old Account
    They would have to create two different starting experiences, one for elves and one for the rest, so I'm not seeing this happening soon in my opinion. This is ofc because the dh starting experience is in the past where illidan only trained elves as demon hunters.

As posible races? I think in any race you can just play the "i am resilient to corruption" and bam, there's your demon hunter. The ones I personally want to see? Orcs, humans and draenei.

I think orcs and Draenei would've made sense at launch, I'm convinced the art team got bogged down and that's why we ended up with only two races.

However the Furbolgs are obviously the next race to get DHs, look what the legion did to there precious forest. They have more reason than any to demon hunt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Human is the only one that would make sense to me honestly... (Both for cosmetic and lore reasons)
    But if you want to go the route that wouldn't make sense, anything that can be a Warlock. But I hope they keep them just to elves for the foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I think orcs and Draenei would've made sense at launch
    Unless they were to add playable broken, draenei demon hunters make about as much sense as draenei warlocks.

I'm convinced the art team got bogged down and that's why we ended up with only two races.
    I don't think so. Given the story route they went, there really weren't any other playable races that make sense.

However the Furbolgs are obviously the next race to get DHs, look what the legion did to there precious forest. They have more reason than any to demon hunt.
    I've been waiting for playable furbolgs since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'd play one of those.

For horde I'd say the most likely is orcs. They've already got a history of battling and controlling their inner demon blood. Maybe undead, since they've got that whole massive inner discipline thing established. The other horde races? eh...no chance:

Tauren: Wut? No way in hell.
    Goblins: Would be instantly overwhelmed by the demon soul. Lacks the willpower and/or discipline and drive to pull it off.
    Troll: Maybe? Just doesn't seem to fit. They're used to conversing with spirits. But dominating them?(someone with more lore knowledge chime in here?)
    Pandas: #grumpycatno #picardfacepalm
    Trolls actually fit the best as Trolls WERE elves.

Now here is another question... Imagine if demons were a playable race and they could be Hunters.... Just imagine that...

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Trolls actually fit the best as Trolls WERE elves.
    In the distant past, sure. But enough time and separation has happened that trolls have their own distinct take on magic and spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Now here is another question... Imagine if demons were a playable race and they could be Hunters.... Just imagine that...
    That would be jumping the shark, I think. Eredar hunters....MAYBE. But that's a whole other can of worms.

Worgen... duh! We need a shapeshifting being that can shapeshift furter into a demon form. Furry demons. rawr!