View Poll Results: Jedi, Sith or Grey Code?

Voters
164. This poll is closed
  • Jedi

16 9.76%
  • Sith

36 21.95%
  • Grey

112 68.29%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yes everything but the three trilogies and the Clone Wars/Rebels TV shows is non-canon.
    There's also a handful of new books that are canon as well. The Ahsoka book is canon as well as the ones about the Emperor looking for some sort of powerful thing he sensed. Some comic books and certain video games are also canon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon

Not sure how accurate this list is, but it looks right from a glance as most of it starts in 2014 other than the movies and clone wars.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Sith - what's the point of all that power if I can't use it to get what I want?
    *waves hand* You want to bring me a sandwich.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    *waves hand* You want to bring me a sandwich.
    Great, now he wants to bring you a sandwich but decides to shelve it for now. You are still not getting the sandwich.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Sith 100%.

Never been a fan of The Rule of Two, very flawed. Like, you have Palp and Maul, yet Dooku is still there doing his thing. Maul gets /sigh killed and suddenly Dooku has the touch? Naw bruh, Ser Chris was roasting fools well before that.

Grey because i like white lightsabers

Edit1: Grey with a slight pull to the dark side
    Last edited by LinusTechTip; 2017-07-14 at 03:27 PM.

You are looking at the codes from the wrong point of view. They aren't saying these things don't exist at all. They are however saying if you are Sith or Jedi then you do what you need to do to follow the code.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, the Dark side isn't inherently evil nor is the light side inherently good. So, with that in mind being a Grey Jedi and taking important lessons from both sides would be the best. Embracing your emotions but not succumbing to them. Following your passions but not letting them lead you astray.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah, I agree, with most of this, I think the Jedi have a great philosophy without any context, but the truth is when applied practically the flaws are revealed, that doesn't mean the SITH aren't with flaws either, but they basically come down truth that really is less about choice.

I disagree with the Anakin thing, I think the main point of the prequels were that Anakin was going to become Vader no matter what. Sure he was given rules, which were bound to be problematic especially considering the councils decision to not train him in the first place.

I think the perception is they KNEW he would become Vader, I don't. I think they knew that there was the possibility which is why I think Yoda probed him concerning his feelings about his mother. It wasn't an exercise in cruelty, I think it was confirming what was already a concern, which was he was already likely going to make the choices he did.

Anakin didn't become a Vader because of the Jedi, the Sith, or because he wasn't given enough hugs as a kid, or because he was a slave. Anakin was going to become Vader because of who he was but mostly because of the choices he was going to make no matter what.

Nobody knew he was coming per say "One who brings balance to the Force" the question becomes what balance? Who had the scales mostly already tipped in their favor at the beginning?

So no I don't think it was the Jedi Code, but I do think it was and is a problem. As for the next Star Wars regardless to how it may or may not end, I am looking forward to how we get there in the story.

And for the Record, I DO believe Rey is most likely Obi Wons daughter, just my guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Never ever liked the Dark Jedi, it's kind of like Shot Gun preacher or something, Either you honestly live by your code or don't, you can take short cuts and play or do evil and pretend it all washes off in the end.

It doesn't there is a reason psychopaths and madmen in times are desperation are turned to by well meaning men, who say one thing but act another. Or rather if they can't act themselves they use others.

I don't like the grey code either for much of the same reasons, but mostly because I am not a believer you NEED EVIL to know good, or YOU NEED pain to experience pleasure. I mean KNOWLEDGE of those things is one thing, but to openly embrace genocide, or slavery and death as some sort of requirement seems barbaric, weak and primitive.

We can disagree on what flavor of ice cream we like, we can NOT agree to disagree however about things like War, genocide or slavery. Those are pretty core, and if a person believes in a balance on any of those things, I don't see a difference between them and those that choose either side except the lack of honesty and integrity to strand where they actually believe.

Or stand by the fact they really don't give a shit either way. Typically because they have nothing to lose.
    A Dark Jedi doesn't have to have been a *Jedi* if I recall, they're just trained force users who use the Dark Side that aren't Sith. Even if they were Jedi they rejected the Jedi code. (Like me...I couldn't live by that stupid code even if it was real and I could really wield the force...it obviously has caused so many problems.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    this

thats why there a books in movie trailer cause original teachings of jed'ai were twisted by both sith and jedi

- - - Updated - - -

no he was just treated as outside associate in movie he was kicked out of the council cause he didnt listen their orders.. there were many gray jedi's that helped jedi order in mandalorian wars even though they were expelled because emotional relantionships
    Except he was a Jedi Master...Obi even said he would be on the council if he more strictly adhered to the Jedi Code...he was never treated as a outsider and he died a Jedi...he was never on the council.

The Jedi who went to fight in the Mandalorian war were Jedi who defied the wishes of the Council...they went off to fight the war even though to Council was still debating on what to do. I can't remember how many times I've heard said that they want off to fight while the Council deliberated...and innocents died...ect ect.

Isn't there a name for grey force users now?

Bendu or something close to that? Or was that just the creatures name?

Deleted
    Nemesis code - universal destruction!

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I love most of Star Wars, but the one thing I find truly galling is that the Jedi are treated as "good guys", when the reality is that they're a secretive order of murderous monks who are above all interstellar law, and have frightening magic powers including mind control which they freely use to get their way. They encourage blind allegiance to the Jedi Council rather than encouraging independent thought or informed debate. These are not "good guys". It's easy to overlook in Eps 4-6, because the only Jedi you see are old Ben Kenobi and Yoda, and both are just generic "wise old dudes" who don't pass on a lot of moralizing. But the Jedi of the prequels are frightening, and if we didn't know that Future Palpatine was even worse, those early episodes would be seen in a much different light, IMO.
    "Alright, he's convinced me. Give me my dollar back."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    A Dark Jedi doesn't have to have been a *Jedi* if I recall, they're just trained force users who use the Dark Side that aren't Sith. Even if they were Jedi they rejected the Jedi code. (Like me...I couldn't live by that stupid code even if it was real and I could really wield the force...it obviously has caused so many problems.)
    I could be wrong and I am sure some will correct me but in order to be a Jedi, you have to be admitted into the Jedi to be trained as a Jedi, or technically you ain't a Jedi. Technically speaking, a force user on the hand, I guess according to what people describe of the Clone Wars Animated Series, there are other SCHOOLS of decipline beside Jedi or Sith.

However a Dark Jedi to my understanding is someone who once was a Jedi, but added a few too many codes of their own personally to cut corners.

As for having no Code, I guess that is just as good as having any perhaps, BUT...then again their are pros and cons to both, I will at least say having a code or a guide for your process and discipline gives you more structure and order, knowing more than just question and answer but what's behind it
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I could be wrong and I am sure some will correct me but in order to be a Jedi, you have to be admitted into the Jedi to be trained as a Jedi, or technically you ain't a Jedi. Technically speaking, a force user on the hand, I guess according to what people describe of the Clone Wars Animated Series, there are other SCHOOLS of decipline beside Jedi or Sith.

However a Dark Jedi to my understanding is someone who once was a Jedi, but added a few too many codes of their own personally to cut corners.

As for having no Code, I guess that is just as good as having any perhaps, BUT...then again their are pros and cons to both, I will at least say having a code or a guide for your process and discipline gives you more structure and order, knowing more than just question and answer but what's behind it
    I could be wrong but I swore Dark Jedi was more of a blanket term which could fit many things including trained force users who use the dark side but aren't Sith...or Jedi who went dark but weren't Sith...stuff like that...you may be right but that is what I thought it was or was told.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    The Jedi embrace the light side.
    The Sith embrace the dark side.
    The Grey seem to work to find a balance between the two.
    So what is someone who embraces both sides at the same time?
    oversimplified.

Technically, all force users can utilize whichever side of the force they practice in. The Sith mostly care about gaining power and not much thought is on about how. Jedi are more reserved and refrain from action if at all possible. grey is a term that is flung around a lot mostly to describe individuals that don't fall into alignment with either sith or jedi teachings.

So technically a grey would also be someone who would embrace both sides.... but then there are examples like Mace Windu who utilize dark side teachings as a basic thing they do (his saber form of choice is like straight up darkside channeling emotions.

In all honesty the whole thing is a clusterfuck and to be honest, only the jedi who strictly follow the jedi code get fucked over. Sith do whatever they want and grey also do whatever they want (but with less chance of getting killed by their peers for stupid reasons)

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Both the Sith and the Jedi are in the wrong, and they constantly break their own 'code'.
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

Remember that little gem of irony?

But to be honest, the Jedi code can easily be interpreted as evil, just like the Sith code and just as easily be interpreted as good. What makes their "morality" absolute is how the movie paints that any and all Sith is evil.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-07-14 at 04:01 PM.

Grey code is retarded tbh. It's nothing but a watered-down version of the Jedi code made to sound less radical and more centrist in order to appeal to people who consider themselves "realists". It's complete bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Grey code is retarded tbh. It's nothing but a watered-down version of the Jedi code made to sound less radical and more centrist in order to appeal to people who consider themselves "realists". It's complete bullshit.
    just as grey code is bullshit for you, for me jedi code is retardedly one sided and not executable in practice..and thats why turn rate of jedi's to dark side are high..

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that "Grey Code" is fanmade bullshit so I'm not counting that as a decision. It's only Jedi or Sith in which realistically I would choose Jedi.

Being a Sith is cool when you're playing a video game or roleplaying in a costume but if it were in reality it'd probably be pretty terrible. You're constantly at risk of being backstabbed because you failed to do your master's bidding or simply because you disappointed him. You're destroying planets and killing millions of innocent lives in the process. Raiding villages again killing innocent lives in the process or capturing them. Fellow Sith member will probably be douchebags to you just because they are angry, miserable Sith. Nah rather not live like that.

On the Jedi side it's more peaceful, you're helping people not killing them, you train yourself to be a better person not only physically but mentally as well, your fellow Jedi will be friendlier towards you, and it's like being in a second family. Not to mention they get green, blue, and purple lightsabers which look cooler than red, imo. Only downside that I could think of is that you can't marry or have children which is pretty much the only bad thing about being a Jedi. At least I think that's how it was. It could turn out to be a pretty lonely life.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    It could turn out to be a pretty lonely life.
    I don't think that anyone would really feel lonely when they feel the force surrounding them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sith. Lazy power sounds good to me.