Page 28 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well the other problem is that Warlocks have strong dots, strong pets, life taps, and fears.
    Yep but at the same token, Necro's have other classifications of spells; Blood, Ice, etc.. Could have a Blood Mage style necro, an Icy necro, etc. That wouldn't conflict with the Warlock

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Realistically, there is absolutely no chance at all whatsoever in any way shape or form that there will ever be another class added to this game that uses a bow, or similar ranged weapons. It is not going to happen and it is simply not unique enough to warrant being it's own playable class. The hunter as it is envisioned by blizzard encompasses elements of all the classic tropes of this character type in it's 3 specs. Besides, Dark Rangers were added to the game when they made Undead a playable hunter race the same way that Sunwalkers were added when Tauren Paladins became a thing, you can already *be* a Dark Ranger.

Also Death Knights are WOW's answer to Necromancers 100%. They even have a straight up necromancer spec called Unholy.
    Sorry, I disagree, Unholy while necromancer like, doesn't embody the whole Necromancer style. You could easily have a Necro in WoW, they just need to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Yep but at the same token, Necro's have other classifications of spells; Blood, Ice, etc.. Could have a Blood Mage style necro, an Icy necro, etc. That wouldn't conflict with the Warlock
    No, but it would conflict with Death Knights who have the exact same spec configuration.

You'd also be walking a tightrope design-wise, because DKs have a LOT of ranged abilities within those specs. You would literally have to steal abilities from the DK class to make your idea here viable.

No, but it would conflict with Death Knights who have the exact same spec configuration.

You'd also be walking a tightrope design-wise, because DKs have a LOT of ranged abilities within those specs. You would literally have to steal abilities from the DK class to make your idea here viable.
    Frost mage has frost spells, Frost DK has frost abilities, they make it work. Same goes for a Necro if they ever did it. I agree, it would be a tight rope but they can do it, they just need to be creative.. which.. well, they haven't been in a long time so, I don't see it happening anyway.

Sorry, I disagree, Unholy while necromancer like, doesn't embody the whole Necromancer style. You could easily have a Necro in WoW, they just need to do it.
    It's not a matter of opinion. Death Knights are necromancers. If you don't get that you do not know what a necromancer is. Just because they don't fit *your* fantasy of what a necromancer should be, does not mean they aren't necromancers.

What your talking about never existed in wow. Why the hell would Blizzard rip apart their own lore just to satisfy you and maybe a tiny amount of other people that aren't satisfied with WOW's necromancer being a primarily melee based class called a death knight?
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-14 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    Well the question is why don't people play those races?

Sure, there is a contingent of players who view Goblins and Gnomes as "stupid" or "gay", so those players are unreachable.

However, there is also a group of players who don't play Goblins or Gnomes because they can't find a class that completely fits them properly. I'm within that group, and I seriously doubt that I'm alone.

- - - Updated - - -

That was my main issue though, and Blizzard resolved that issue by completely erasing a Warlock spec. It's on topic because people asking for Necromancers don't seem to understand that if Blizzard brought that class into the game, they would have to erase elements of existing classes. Warlock players are still pretty bitter about losing old school demonology, especially since the current version isn't doing so hot. You think they're going to be happy with another class taking elements of Affliction? You think Death Knights are going to be happy about losing iconic spells like Raise Dead, Army of the Dead, Death Coil, etc?

I'm not opposed to the concept of Necromancers, I'm opposed to the concept of taking concepts away from existing classes to cobble together a new class. This leads to classes feeling "samey" and a loss of distinction between the classes, and that's not a good thing for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll see I suppose. I'd prefer Blizzard simply expanding the existing Voodoo theme in the Shaman class. I think the only thing that really makes people "feel" that Shaman aren't Shadow Hunters is the unique throwing weapon that the SH hero used.

Also I agree that people will re-roll into a Tinker class. Especially if said Tinker class is mech-based and properly implemented.
    Yeah I think also it would fit better by expanding on the shaman class. Tinker would definately attract a ton of people

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer the idea of advance character specializations,
    the only hero class I would want on my preference is Runemaster, and like I think I said before Runemaster has been taken up by Monks/DH/Shamans at this point. But they could do it in some way or form if they ever thought about introducing it. But with us seeing Vrykul again with no Runemaster class introduced I think its very limited upon happening at this point

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost mage has frost spells, Frost DK has frost abilities, they make it work. Same goes for a Necro if they ever did it. I agree, it would be a tight rope but they can do it, they just need to be creative.. which.. well, they haven't been in a long time so, I don't see it happening anyway.
    Yeah, but Mages don't share the same theme as the DK, so that works. DKs and Necros share the same theme completely. Heck, the DK frost spec COMES from the WC3 Lich hero, which was a frost-based Necromancer.

It's not a matter of opinion. Death Knights are necromancers. If you don't get that you do not know what a necromancer is. Just because they don't fit *your* fantasy of what a necromancer should be, does not mean they aren't necromancers.

What your talking about never existed in wow. Why the hell would Blizzard rip apart their own lore just to satisfy you and maybe a tiny amount of other people that aren't satisfied with WOW's necromancer being a primarily melee based class called a death knight?
    Jesus christ dude, calm down. No need to get worked up. I disagreed with you, not insult you. You're taking it so offensively. I understand the Death Knight. I mained one for a long time, I get their fantasy, I get their lore, I get everything about the class in general. That still doesn't mean a Necromancer class can't be present in the same world. They have Necromancer NPC's and Death Knight NPC's in WoW's universe. Why can't they exist as classes for us players? I couldn't care less if they added a Necro to WoW, I dont see it ever happening, but what Im saying is that they COULD do it if they wanted to, they would just need to get creative with it. Calm down tiger. This has nothing to do with "my fantasy" at all.

Jesus christ dude, calm down. No need to get worked up. I disagreed with you, not insult you. You're taking it so offensively. I understand the Death Knight. I mained one for a long time, I get their fantasy, I get their lore, I get everything about the class in general. That still doesn't mean a Necromancer class can't be present in the same world. They have Necromancer NPC's and Death Knight NPC's in WoW's universe. Why can't they exist as classes for us players? I couldn't care less if they added a Necro to WoW, I dont see it ever happening, but what Im saying is that they COULD do it if they wanted to, they would just need to get creative with it. Calm down tiger. This has nothing to do with "my fantasy" at all, where the hell did you get that because my statement that you quoted had nothing along those lines.
    I'm not worked up. I'm just stating facts here, Death Knights are necromancers, there is no chance at all whatsoever that Blizzard will create another class that fits this type of fantasy rpg character.

It would literally be like creating a melee class that uses two handed, or one handed weapons, or a one hander and a shield, and calling it a berserker or something. Because warriors are not berserk enough for some people.

There is just no room in the game for this and not something most people want at all.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-14 at 05:12 PM.

Aren't Unholy DK currently more about diseases and plague based spells now and less about summoning creatures of the undead. I mean I don't play unholy at all, I don't really know.

And for all the people wanting Necromancers, it's that they want to wear cloth use staffs and rotate differing skeletons to fight for them. I agree that DK are too close to that, and to fully implement them in game would take away from the DK, but hating on the idea isn't any fun either.

Also can we get back to why some people only think Goblins and Gnomes could be Tinkers.... I mean other races in WoW have shown proficiency mechano-based things, draenei and Blood Elves immediately come to mind, with dwarves trailing behind after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Aren't Unholy DK currently more about diseases and plague based spells now and less about summoning creatures of the undead. I mean I don't play unholy at all, I don't really know.
    First off spreading diseases and plagues *is* part of the classic necromancer archetype, but nah that's only part of the Unholy DK spec. They are literally a necromancer in plate armor with a two handed sword. They have a permanent undead minion that fights for them and they raise armies of the dead.

How can you even play this game and not know this stuff?

I'm not worked up. I'm just stating facts here, Death Knights are necromancers, there is no chance at all whatsoever that Blizzard will create another class that fits this type of fantasy rpg character.

It would literally be like creating a melee class that uses two handed, or one handed weapons, or a one hander and a shield, and calling it a berserker or something. Because warriors are not berserk enough for some people.

There is just no room in the game for this and not something most people want at all.
    That's what people said about Demon Hunters for many years...

But I think you're missing the point. It's very little to do with the theme as it is the mechanics. How would a necromancer play? Curses? Raising or summoning minions? Trading health for damage, or something similar?

They could... except the curse/DoT gameplay has been taken by affliction warlocks, and the minion gameplay has been taken by demo. Warlocks are effectively our necromancer, except with demons instead of undead.

They are users of necromantic magic. They themselves are not considered Necromancers, as their powers are not solely based on the same magical arts that a caster would use.

It would be like calling a Demon Hunter a Warlock because they use Fel Magic and can summon/control demons. They aren't Warlocks for the same reason, even if they can use the same magic. The Necromancer concept is well defined in Warcraft.
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Also can we get back to why some people only think Goblins and Gnomes could be Tinkers.... I mean other races in WoW have shown proficiency mechano-based things, draenei and Blood Elves immediately come to mind, with dwarves trailing behind after that.
    The push for Goblin/Gnome-only Tinkers is mostly based on the desire for the class to pilot mechs like Gelbin Mekkatorque on Broken Shore, and the Reddit Expansion leak that came out over a month ago that said that Blizzard is supposedly developing that exact thing. Some have argued that Draenei and Blood Elves being inside a mech is far too whimsical and silly, whereas Goblins and Gnomes piloting mechs is much more in line with their racial fantasy, and the class fantasy of the Tinker itself.

The expansion rumor appears to be supported by the appearance of Mekkatorque riding a Sky Golem-like mech for the first time (he's usually depicted riding a mechanostrider), and the appearance of armed Sky Golems piloted by Gazlowe (Tinker hero from HotS), and Marin Noggenfogger, the Goblin leader of Gadgetzhan. Gelbin's appearance in Broken Shore was met with VERY positive feedback on various forums.

First off spreading diseases and plagues *is* part of the classic necromancer archetype, but nah that's only part of the Unholy DK spec. They are literally a necromancer in plate armor with a two handed sword. They have a permanent undead minion that fights for them and they raise armies of the dead.

I don't play DK and I couldn't tell you much about rogues, warlocks, mages, and DH either... I guess I just don't put into the game as much as you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    That's what people said about Demon Hunters for many years...
    Well to be fair, Warlocks had zero melee abilities, so there was some space there for the Demon Hunter, after Blizzard decided to completely remove Metamorphosis from the Warlock class.

DKs have quite a lot of ranged abilities, and you're not going to be able to remove their necromancy spells without dismantling various parts of the class (which remains one of the most popular classes in the game). Then there's the other issue with a Necromancer class feeling too close to a Warlock gameplay and theme-wise. Warlocks aren't going to be happy about yet another expansion class taking stuff away from them.

It's always better to go for classes that have as little overlap with existing classes as possible. Tinker is one of those classes.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-07-14 at 05:34 PM.

You say "They are" like they are a playable class.

Also, if they were the same thing the game itself would not indentify then as two different types of classes, with bosses and Npcs that are Necromancers and those that are Death Knights.

And like i said before, they are supposed to have similar concepts but different playstyles.

Holy Paladin being a warrior of the Light that heals in different ways and Holy Priests a mage wielder of the Light that heals in a different way.

Demon Hunter and Warlocks, both have the demon theme but one is a half demon and the other uses demonic powers, be summoning demons or using fel magic.

We can also count Shadow Priests and Aff Warlocks since both use Shadow magic, but have different playstyles and Warlocks add fel magic to the mix.Blizzard even acknowledges this in the Legion class preview.

"Affliction

Affliction warlocks are masters of shadow-touched powers, but unlike shadow priests—deadliest when pushed to the brink of insanity—these warlocks delight in using fel forces to cause intense pain and suffering in others
    . They revel in corrupting minds and agonizing souls, leaving enemies in a state of torment that would see them undone in due time. Even the most battle-hardened warriors can be deceived, landing blow after blow against the warlock, only to succumb to their suffering as their very vitality is siphoned away by the dark spellcaster. "
    Source:https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...series-warlock

They both use Shadow magic but in its own unique way.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-07-14 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    You say "They are" like they are a playable class.

Also, if they were the same thing the game itself would not indentify then as two different types of classes, with bosses and Npcs that are Necromancers and those that are Death Knights.

And like i said before, they are supposed to have similar concepts but different playstyles.

Holy Paladin being a warrior of the Light that heals in different ways and Holy Priests a mage wielder of the Light that heals in a different way.

Demon Hunter and Warlocks, both have the demon theme but one is a half demon and the other uses demonic powers, be summoning demons or using fel magic.

We can also count Shadow Priests and Aff Warlocks since both use Shadow magic, but have different playstyles and Warlocks add fel magic to the mix.Blizzard even acknowledges this in the Legion class preview.

"Affliction

Affliction warlocks are masters of shadow-touched powers, but unlike shadow priests—deadliest when pushed to the brink of insanity—these warlocks delight in using fel forces to cause intense pain and suffering in others
    . They revel in corrupting minds and agonizing souls, leaving enemies in a state of torment that would see them undone in due time. Even the most battle-hardened warriors can be deceived, landing blow after blow against the warlock, only to succumb to their suffering as their very vitality is siphoned away by the dark spellcaster. "
    Source:https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...series-warlock

They both use Shadow magic but in its own unique way.
    Then I must ask you... how would a necromancer play differently from an affliction warlock, a demo warlock, and an unholy DK?

Well to be fair, Warlocks had zero melee abilities, so there was some space there for the Demon Hunter, after Blizzard decided to completely remove Metamorphosis from the Warlock class.

DKs have quite a lot of ranged abilities, and you're not going to be able to remove their necromancy spells without dismantling various parts of the class (which remains one of the most popular classes in the game). Then there's the other issue with a Necromancer class feeling too close to a Warlock gameplay and theme-wise. Warlocks aren't going to be happy about yet another expansion class taking stuff away from them.

It's always better to go for classes that have as little overlap with existing classes as possible. Tinker is one of those classes.
    This is what I'm saying. Game has all of the base RPG classes covered at this point, save for something like a Tinker, a Bard, a DPS caster that uses divine magic, and a melee based class that uses Arcane magic like a mage-tank type of thing.

That's a lot of room to explore new potentials, we do not need to start adding classes that are essentially what already exists in the game in some form. That's something a company running out of ideas would do. Essentially WOW player classes are several different hero archetypes rolled into one anyways for the purpose of consistent and manageable gameplay.

I guarantee you Blizzard sees things the same way. Asking for a playable Necromancer class in this game would be like asking for a Ninja. Because we really need a class stealing stuff from rogues and monks because those classes don't already fulfill that sort of fantasy enough for some people.

I would rate Necromancer unlikely because there is about as much chance of Blizzard doing another undead themed xpac as there is of them doing one with some kind of Asian culture theme, just not going to happen at all pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    You think you're making a good point here but in reality both paladins and clerics are classic rpg base classes. Always have been. One is not based on the other. They are entirely separate things and totally have their own strong history in fantasy rpg games.

This is what I'm saying. Game has all of the base RPG classes covered at this point, save for something like a Tinker, a Bard, a DPS caster that uses divine magic, and a melee based class that uses Arcane magic like a mage-tank type of thing.

That's a lot of room to explore new potentials, we do not need to start adding classes that are essentially what already exists in the game in some form. That's something a company running out of ideas would do. Essentially WOW player classes are several different hero archetypes rolled into one anyways for the purpose of consistent and manageable gameplay.

I guarantee you Blizzard sees things the same way. Asking for a playable Necromancer class in this game would be like asking for a Ninja. Because we really need a class stealing stuff from rogues and monks because those classes don't already fulfill that sort of fantasy enough for some people.

I would rate Necromancer unlikely because there is about as much chance of Blizzard doing another undead themed xpac as there is of them doing one with some kind of Asian culture theme, just not going to happen at all pretty much.
    Some ninja abilities would be cool to give to subtlety, like Genji's Swift Strike, being able to scale walls for a brief duration ending in a jump, or drawing a katana where your DW animations become 2H and deal increased damage. Ryuuga wa ken wo kurae!