Poll: Should Blizzard Create another MMO??

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I highly doubt it.

When they cancelled Titan it was clear that they will focus only in WoW in the MMO market, which was a smart move IMO. Why would you want to make a new MMO compete with your MMO, which is already a HUGE success?

Plus MMO market is pretty full, and people tastes are changing IMO. We don't want to spend hours and hours in a MMO, we play more casual games, less time-consuming.

Just look what Blizzard has done lately:

- HotS (casual game).
    - Hearthstone (casual game).
    - Diablo 3 (casual game, especially with seasons).
    - Overwatch (casual game).
    - The casualization of WoW (not so casual IMO, but I'm a crazy completionist).

At the same time, all this games have the chance to become a hardcore game if you want to.

I can't say it enough, if Everquest is still receiving expansions, how long do you think that WoW will stay alive? It will bury us all. Its a game that makes such an enormous amount of money... there is 0 chance that they will stop making content for it as long as that doesn't change. Just look what a wonderful patching cycle are we having in Legion, finally they made a developer team big enough to keep us busy forever, with a high quality level of content (this is my subjective opinion of course).

What I see Blizzard doing is what almost every company in the industry is doing, make games with MMO elements, casual, with a nice online shop to milk our money with cosmetics and stuff. I think that Diablo 4 is going to be the first game in which we'll really see this pattern in Blizzard games.
    Actually, every Blizzard game is very casual on surface (even old WoW was very, very casual if you compare it to MMOs avaiable at this time - modern WoW just adjusted to MMO market and gaming in general), but it takes time and skill (ok, sometimes just time - hello Diablo!) to master it.

IMO this is the key to success of Blizzard games, they always take some relatively unpopular genre with great potential (strategy games -> Warcraft/Starcraft, old cRPG -> Diablo, Everquest -> WoW, Magic: The Gathering -> Hearthstone, Team Fortress -> Overwatch), make it "easy to play, hard to master" and this genre literally explode. This formula failed only once with HoTS, because LoL and DoTA 2 were constructed as Blizzard games and already took whole potential market.

Why would they? They have no reason to. And the truly creative people are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Either that or he thinks that the next decimal after a million is a billion, and not 10 million.
    Um, no.

Are you people really so desperate for WoW to not perform well that you're denying cold, hard numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I guess my impression is just that all the people who played WoW and stopped for whatever reason would be less interested in picking up another Blizzard MMO, when Blizzard could make something else instead.
    Yes, but in 10-20 years from now when WoW is gone, and Blizzard announces that they're thinking about making an MMO (if they're still remotely popular), they'll still have the most credibility out of anyone, assuming another MMO hasn't surpassed it. You don't shrug off the world's #1 at anything just because their success declined.

Eventally I expect a Diablo MMO, but only once the WoW numbers are way down, because they would be pullung from the WoW community. Diablo has its own unique artwork that would stand out better than another space theme anything. Plus many past WoW players could relate to the characters and possibly the UI. It would be a newer engion, and they could mix far greater graphics into Diablo spaces using what they have learned from WoW limitations.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the current time, no. I do not believe so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Um, no.

Are you people really so desperate for WoW to not perform well that you're denying cold, hard numbers?
    Well, actually, I was thinking more that I was giving you the benefit of the doubt instead of outright saying that you pulled the numbers out of your ass. I actually like WoW, still play it, and am looking forward to the next patch.

Having said that, I'm trying to find the value of their 2016 Q1 through Q4 earnings, and I'm not seeing it. Would you be so kind as to provide a link for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yes, but in 10-20 years from now when WoW is gone
    WoW may not be in active development in 10-20 years, but it won't have gone. People will still be playing it. Blizz may still be even making money from it.

Either that or he thinks that the next decimal after a million is a billion, and not 10 million.
    D... Do you think WoW's revenue is only 10 million a year? Or even just 100 million? Fuck, just subscriptions from 2 million people (15*12*2*10^6) is 360 million USD...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    WoW may not be in active development in 10-20 years, but it won't have gone. People will still be playing it. Blizz may still be even making money from it.
    Then change the number to 30-40 years. You can't possibly predict the future that far in advance, but the number of years doesn't matter at all to the point I made.

They will.
    Not right now
    Not wow 2
    Fresh IP

In 5+ years, wow still have a lot of milk

7+ Year Old Account
    If anything they'll make a new WoW(2) under a new system. But I doubt that's going to happen because they've been able to advance graphics and quality and 3D renderings fairly good with what they have and I just don't see them doing it because of how players will be with transition, if it will be years ahead of where we leave off.

Blizzard is on the incline with how many different gaming markets they're touching these days, so for them to make another MMO that's a new IP WoW would have to come to an end and they would have to have no other projects in the works. Because getting an MMO up and running with a good start isn't a simple task at all, even creating a good interesting World for players to want to invest in isn't simple...
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2017-07-14 at 05:36 PM.

They have had 4 lead designers move onto a new unknown project but tehre is no indication its a new IP, but rather a new current IP project.

Adding another point, they basically advertised for a designer for an MMO, on the Diablo Team.

This leads me to believe that blizzard is infact working on, and will likely announce, a diablo mmo this blizzcon. Theres a pretty solid set of reasons for this:

- Korean market currently dominates teh diablo clone genre of mmo with *only* Path of Exile really having any traction in EU and America.
    - It is a huge opportunity for blizzard to get into the china MMO grindfest while also giving themselves a new project to make an extra cash cow off with wow.
    - Diablo has probably *the* most potential as a game with multiple classes to be a pretty good mmo, if not an amazing one.
    - The ending of Reaper of Souls hinted to a potential Nephalim War, which could be the premise of this MMO.
    - Sanctuary is a large world, and there is plenty of opportunity for blizzard to retcon old lore to expand on it significantly to points and continents we have never seen before or even new realms of demonic realities and angelic planes.

Well, actually, I was thinking more that I was giving you the benefit of the doubt instead of outright saying that you pulled the numbers out of your ass. I actually like WoW, still play it, and am looking forward to the next patch.

Having said that, I'm trying to find the value of their 2016 Q1 through Q4 earnings, and I'm not seeing it. Would you be so kind as to provide a link for me?
    I should tell you that the burden of proof should be with the people trying to deny WoW's financial power.

However, I'll oblige.

http://investor.activision.com/relea...easeid=1011345

I didn't pull 800 million USD "out my ass", I pulled it from Blizzard's financial reports. Get the fuck over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I should tell you that the burden of proof should be with the people trying to deny WoW's financial power.

However, I'll oblige.

http://investor.activision.com/relea...easeid=1011345

I didn't pull 800 million USD "out my ass", I pulled it from Blizzard's financial reports. Get the fuck over it.
    I think you need to chill out before you burst an artery or something.

Ah, the classic "I was wrong and I have no way of defending myself" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Ah, the classic "I was wrong and I have no way of defending myself" argument.
    Well actually I wasn't right or wrong. I didn't even say you were wrong. I only questioned what your source was.

You, on the other hand, are having quite the hissy fit.

Good deflection of how wrong you were.

Overwatch is rather meh. Repetetive AF. If they finished Titan and had overwatch hero gameplay in pve dungeons and raids. That would something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Good deflection of how wrong you were.
    Why? What is there to deflect?

Well actually I wasn't right or wrong. I didn't even say you were wrong. I only questioned what your source was.

You, on the other hand, are having quite the hissy fit.
    Pay attention to who you're talking to, dude. I questioned your first-grader math, didn't do the original claim.