Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Blizzard do watch streams, they've even put videos out with them literally saying and showing it. You'd be daft to think they don't also watch the top streamers which are also KNOWN to use tmorph, everyone who watches them knows they use it, obviously Blizzard will know too.
    I am pretty sure that Blizzard have literally zero need to watch a stream of a world first mythic kill, when in their own 'behind the scenes' videos they have out-and-out stated that they watch the events live: as in really LIVE, they are watching what is going on in that instance server in real time. I believe it was in their 'Looking For Group' documentary that they showed and talked about the tech that let's them do it.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    I am pretty sure that Blizzard have literally zero need to watch a stream of a world first mythic kill, when in their own 'behind the scenes' videos they have out-and-out stated that they watch the events live: as in really LIVE, they are watching what is going on in that instance server in real time. I believe it was in their 'Looking For Group' documentary that they showed and talked about the tech that let's them do it.
    Yeah, but they can't see what the person playing sees, e.g. Tmorph - nor can they hear what is being said which often gives a lot more info than someone watching someone else kill attack something with nothing else to go on, so streams are a valuable source of info for them, as I already said, they have shown us that they DO watch them too.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Basically this, in short and fine print.

- - - Updated - - -

And you know this, how? Sorry, but in the end, the reaction runs by report and knowledge if it is tmorph as well as having to run the scan that we have installed.
    Because they were frequently in the chat and held events with them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah, the models you mention (and many others) are watched by Warden for any modification and modifying them will get you a very swift ban because it flags your account immediately.
    na, no.

It's actually possible to do whatever the damn you want, without warding acting at all. Clientside stuff only gets dangerous if you try to sell that piece of software and many many people start using it. Before that any semi-good progammer can modify any of wow's file, without the fear of a "swift ban".

It's called tmorph, it doesn't do exactly what old model edits did as it doesn't change or add anything to the code - which is why it's not detected by Blizzard's detection system. Streamers have been using it since it was made while streaming and they have never been banned even though Lore said it's bannable on forums few years ago. Either way, I don't care as it doesn't affect me, but I wish Blizzard would ban "influential" people more often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    How do you know this? Do you work for Blizzard?
    Well several friends of mine have used Tmorph in the past, no repercussions, the only people I've known to be banned are people that bot and negatively impact the game in ways others will be influenced from.

It's not a good thing to do no, but I don't see it as something blizzard should actively police either, as long as the server agrees that the weapon/thing you are wearing is behaving and IS for all intents and purposes what you're wearing as such, I don't really care.

Yes, try and morph mining nodes or battleground flags and let's see how fast you get banned.
    No one would dare do that, since that's affecting world items that the server would actively check on, your characters hat, or weapon is not a change that actively affects yours or anyone elses ability to do anything better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    tmorph is one of those victimless-crime addons that Blizz doesn't ban against using unless you're using it for an obvious gameplay advantage (i.e., morphing the flag model in WSG into Ragnaros for easy visibility) or unless you're dumb and bragging about 'getting away with it' in public chats and you get reported for it. Otherwise it's usually just not worth the time to hunt down and enforce.
    Yeah i've seen people using it to change the model of the Netherwing eggs for the Netherwing rep farm >.<
    So instead of small tiny barely visible eggs, they became large elementals >.<
    Sethraz - Havoc Demon Hunter - Draenor EU - Achievement Points: 22220+ - Mounts: 472+

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    Wrong..
    You can very easily affect the gameplay.. As has already been pointed out, you could as an example, change the stealth effect to something else. So that instead of going invisible, you see the lich king.

That is game breaking.

Back in BC I seem to recall that there was model edited pvp maps going around on MMOwned, where the ground was edited to allow you to walk below everyone else. But I am not entirely sure if these worked.
    As far as I can tell, Tmorph can't do stuff that crazy - at least your example of making a stealthed player show up as a visible Lich King - that just isn't possible. I'm sure other applications can and could, but we're talking about Tmorph. I've used it on and off since it was first released. I have never been warned/suspended/banned. /shrug

Yes, try and morph mining nodes or battleground flags and let's see how fast you get banned.
    You can easily modify the model of a mining node or a bg flag. I just tried it. You could even make the stuff around the node not to render at all.

Seriously, as i said before you can do whatever the damn you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    As far as I can tell, Tmorph can't do stuff that crazy - at least your example of making a stealthed player show up as a visible Lich King - that just isn't possible. I'm sure other applications can and could, but we're talking about Tmorph. I've used it on and off since it was first released. I have never been warned/suspended/banned. /shrug
    No, we are talking model editing. You choose to focus on a single program, which may or may not have even been used by the person in OP.

Model editing allows for game breaking alterations. This is a fact.

The current limitations of tmorph isn't really relavent imo, apparently (from what you say, since I do not use tmorph myself) the program can not do game breaking alterations. But this limitation is made by the developer, and he could choose to remove it so you could use his program to break the game.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Itychy View Post
    Well several friends of mine have used Tmorph in the past, no repercussions, the only people I've known to be banned are people that bot and negatively impact the game in ways others will be influenced from.

It's not a good thing to do no, but I don't see it as something blizzard should actively police either, as long as the server agrees that the weapon/thing you are wearing is behaving and IS for all intents and purposes what you're wearing as such, I don't really care.

No one would dare do that, since that's affecting world items that the server would actively check on, your characters hat, or weapon is not a change that actively affects yours or anyone elses ability to do anything better or worse.
    That logic does not work though.
    I know players that have been using bots since TBC and still play on the same accounts. One of these people spent pretty much all of Cata running his damn fishing bots and made millions. He still comes online from time to time to farm the AH and never got banned. Blizzard is not that great at catching cheaters.

Now, I doubt Blizzard is putting much effort into going after people that use tmorph but it is still against the terms of use.

I don't get it, how could anyone be banned for modifying something they own? Players own the game client, it's just a form of communication with the server, no changes made to the client should in any way impact the gameplay. The only change could be to textures or models, to what I'm seeing. Is changing the way I see the game a bannable offense? Could someone be banned by increasing the brightness on the monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I don't get it, how could anyone be banned for modifying something they own? Players own the game client, it's just a form of communication with the server, no changes made to the client should in any way impact the gameplay. The only change could be to textures or models, to what I'm seeing. Is changing the way I see the game a bannable offense? Could someone be banned by increasing the brightness on the monitor?
    ...that is a seriously pathetic amount of reaching and terrible arugements. on the other hand...Found Kellyanne Conways account
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

The change of brightness on your monitor doesn't make walls invisible.

- - - Updated - - -

The poster I was replying to keeps saying it's super easy to do (modify mining nodes) and Blizzard won't ever notice, which is why I mentioned such items.
    Why would it make a difference if the model is a mining node or a npc or a tree? It doesn't matter. lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evassac View Post
    Watching the World First on Avatar by Method I noticed that the first rogue in the video; Spookie, is using warglaives. The old ones, not the new challenge mode ones. So he could not have used a toy like Ai-Li's Skymirror to copy how someone looks. There are also no DH's in the fight.

But if you look at the other players point of view, that rogue does NOT have the warglaives equipped. Meaning only he can see it on his screen / recording.

As far as I know it, this is still against the ToS values... but apparently not? Question mark?
    They do! Try it! Or if you get banned then maybe it was a bad Idea. Really - you know the rules and the initial freebies.

Deleted
    I don't get it, how could anyone be banned for modifying something they own? Players own the game client
    Actually, you don't own anything about the game what so ever. Literally, nothing. That the files are on your computer simply means that blizzard allows you to use certain assets that creates the gaming world. You on the other hand don't own a single pixel about everything you see.

People complaining about this thread that its stupid and that screams attention are literally the ones that comment in it... and yet not contribute anything what so ever.

I find it interesting that on one side you have a major group defending it and on the other you have a group that's against it, but also doesn't really mind it.

I would not even think about anything that could potentially ban me, I am afraid of literally losing all I have played for for so long. But seeing a top guild do it, it made me question: Is it allowed because these people are known? And like rich / famous people can get a way with a lot more then the average joe? Or, has it simply changed and you are now allowed to modify the game as much as you please (as long as you are the only one that sees it?

in before people start flaming anyway.......

The door is on your left, go away. ->

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how the checksum verification bypass method hasn't changed for years and years by now, I'd bet it's a very low prio issue.

You can still be banned for tmorph

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is, what else can you morph?
    You can morph a big dick on top of your little, internet police dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    The change of brightness on your monitor doesn't make walls invisible.
    Fair enough, didn't think this through too much. Long day.

Still, it's an interesting topic. Usually in multiplayer games the client should have no option whatsoever to make any gameplay-changing modifications, but with a game as big as WoW it's kind of impossible. Your invisible walls are a good example. The C'Thun exploit I've heard about could be another (a guild kind of deleted a piece of floor in AQ and went straight to Cthun), but that seems to be Blizzards oversight more than anything.

Technically not allowed but accepted practice as you can't get any advantage.. bit like prostitutes in my hometown.