Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nobody needs more an addition type of elves. If anything should be added to the Alliance in the form of elves, then it should be high elves the way we know them from Warcraft 2.

In addition to this, it would be a major lore setback if the high elves affiliated with the Alliance, who refused to use the fel despite their massive hunger/addiction, would now readily and with no hesitation turn to utilizing the void. Then again, I understand the difference between utilizing the void and feeding on it.

Alleria's character was unnecessarily screwed up. It would've made more sense if Vereesa went the void way.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-07-14 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nope, high elves will never be playable on alliance.

Btw, a high elf being playable thread is great detox for all that sylvanas overdose we had last 2 weeks.
    "On the alliance" ???????? You actually think Horde would get them since you worded it that way?
    Lmfaoooooo

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    "On the alliance" ???????? You actually think Horde would get them since you worded it that way?
    Lmfaoooooo
    Despite people shrieking otherwise. They have been playable since burning crusade.

Combine this with blizzard telling people no every time they ask and blizzard saying they don't like neutral races. People really are deluding themselves
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes, the elves of Quel'lithien lodge are the elves who were exiled for civil disobedience.
    No, they are/were exiles, but that does not mean they were the entirety of the exiles. Just as an example, the one at Farstrider Lodge, Vyrin, is a confirmed exile.

Also, "exile" does not just mean the ones forcefully expeled. Willingly leaving your nation to avoid persecution is also a form of exile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yes, the elves of Quel'lithien lodge are the elves who were exiled for civil disobedience. They are dead (or withered, so as good as dead) so they are irrelevant. Thus refering to the mana tapping itself is irrelevant. The High Elves who might join the Alliance are from the other groups; Elves stranded away from Silvermoon, who did not fight in Lordaeron (and thus have not suffered from Garithos), who were often sheltered by Alliance hands or worked together with the Alliance for significant time, and who cannot comprehend an Alliance with the Horde. I think it's important to make that split clear when discussing Alliance High Elves because if they existed then their allegiance to the Alliance over Silvermoon would be what is central about them; not their exile from Silvermoon. This imo makes the argument stronger because it makes things more clear about who the High Elves of current WoW might be; elves that are Alliance first, not elves who hate the Sin'dorei. Their relationship with elven culture though probably would be poor because let's face it; the elves of Quel'thalas were as a whole very racist towards the humans of Lordaeron.
    The High Elves at Quel'Lithien aren't the only High Elves who disagreed with the mana-tapping on moral grounds, though. For instance, Taela Everstride at the Allerian Stronghold in Outland outright declares herself a High Elf as opposed to a Blood Elf saying:
    I'm a HIGH elf, not a blood elf. Don't worry, I'm not going to suck all of the magic out of you.
    Given Auric's persona non-grata status in Silvermoon I'd imagine her take on the social split isn't uncommon among the Allerian Stronghold's High Elven population.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Lmfaoooooo
    They already are playable on the horde ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammyrock View Post
    only if the horse get fel gnolls
    FOR THE HORSE!

New battle cry right there.

7+ Year Old Account
    blizz will not have the same race models on both factions.

(and no, pandaren are a different topic.)

- - - Updated - - -

Lmfaoooooo
    they've been playable since tbc.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    There are barely ANY High Elves left, and there will certainly be even LESS 'void' high elves. Not gonna happen.

I put nothing beyond Blizz at this point. Nelf arcane mages were pretty much it for me, at that point you may as well have warlock dranai. Undead pallys and rogue taurens too why not.

That said, I really want a non belf race for horde that stands up straight (males, for some reason all the females have normal posture). Even if Allys got any race they wanted in exchange that would be a win for me. Undead make sense to be all slouchy but the rest bothers me for whatever reason.

New Alliance race : void High elves?
    Not
    going
    to
    happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Can someone explain me this obsession with high elves? Why don't you just play blood elves if you like elves so much?
    It's basically the same race, just different eyes or whatevs.
    Because high elves are an alliance race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Meditation and magical items weren't enough tho, many of them died and it was pretty much impossible to survive in a normal way.
    But Blizzard being Blizzard made sure that lore just ignores that "detail".

A class can be trained.
    What are they going to do? Train humans to be High Elves? Give me a break.
    lmao that would be funny af to see them try that somehow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting!
    I think you're putting something together here, void magic against old gods, sort of a kin to Demon Hunters using Fel against the Burning Legion.
    High Elves join the Alliance, Night Fallen join the Horde...could work, would make sense.

Hmmmmmmm. Well I don't know about Void magic,because that would become a new class or something lol. But just have a Void non-player class would work. Just like the Wardens or Darkrangers, a class that players just can't have but a reason for them to exist and matter
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2017-07-14 at 05:30 PM.

Meditation and magical items weren't enough tho, many of them died and it was pretty much impossible to survive in a normal way.
    But Blizzard being Blizzard made sure that lore just ignores that "detail".
    Nope. Even the oldest lore from before WoW contradicts what you said. Only very weak individuals, usually elderly or very young elves, died because of the addiction. High/blood elves are not like the nightborne, they can survive without magic, it just weakens them and gives them pain. Wretched from high/blood elves were the ones that abused the sources of mana and were corrupted by it, instead of those that couldn't feed.

A class can be trained.
    *smash cut to Budd Nedreck with long leaves attached to his ears* Woooooooooo! I'm a High Elf!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Stop trying to make high elves happen, it's never going to happen.
    So because they haven't happened and they likely wont happen means people should give up if they want them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    because i dont want to be horde
    Exactly...and I especially don't want to play Horde because of some of the horrible leaders they've had over the years...Garrosh...and I sure as hell don't like that selifish little bitch Sylvanas...willing to screw anyone or anything over to get her precious immortality. (And don't pretend it's for her people...she is a selfish rotten bitch to the core and only cares about her survival and probably says for her people because she wants loyal servants not angry ones)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    You know I never thought it could happen either until 7.3 showed Silgryn communicating with and finding similarities between both Nightborne and the Blood Elves. Now I feel that it's very possible that Alliance may get High Elves(akin to Belves) and Horde gets Nightfallen (akin to Nelves) (small and early 7.3 spoilers)
    Could also be a way to add a Battlemage like class with them two as the starting races. (I know I'm getting nuts here lol)

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    *smash cut to Budd Nedreck with long leaves attached to his ears* Woooooooooo! I'm a High Elf!!!
    Now I am 100% on board.

A class can be trained.
    If you can play as DH from illidan's elite squad, then you can play as some silver covenant high elf or those, who survived on outland (allerian stronghold).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Went to a BC midnight launch and heard quite alot of alliance players super pissed that they didn't get both bloodelves and draenei because the horde didn't deserve to have an attractive race lol! They just hate the horde and don't want to play on horde side but want the pretty race.

It also had to do with the fact that Blood Elves were originally part of the Alliance, and them joining the Horde (who they openly despised) made even less sense then them rejoining the Alliance.