Poll: Should Blizzard Create another MMO??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrene View Post
    Once again. Show me a competition that is not organized by Blizzard, which has Overwatch as an event. Paying people to play your game is not "redefining esports", it's just corporate fapping.
    Do you understand what the overwatch league is? its not some fluff show match, its treating esports as a traditional sprots, with home cities full contracts, ect. But to answer your question MLG has an OW division

They've seen Destiny's success and will add more PVE elements to Overwatch. I'd rather play blizzard made raids over Bungie's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id really love to see Galaxy of Starcraft myself.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Deleted
    No, gaming has generally moved on from MMOs, I think.

The time and money it requires is probably not worth it.

I'd love to be proven wrong by Blizzard though. It would be awesome if they made another huge MMO success.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    No, gaming has generally moved on from MMOs, I think.

The time and money it requires is probably not worth it.

I'd love to be proven wrong by Blizzard though. It would be awesome if they made another huge MMO success.
    I have to wonder about the "moved on from MMOs" thing people say a lot in this thread. When were MMOs ever "in style"? Around WoW's glory days? It's not like there were a lot of competing options even then. MMOs have always been a niche (in the west), the only game to break the trend is WoW.

It becomes less "MMOs are out of style" and more "WoW is out of style" which doesn't mean MMOs is a dying genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I have to wonder about the "moved on from MMOs" thing people say a lot in this thread. When were MMOs ever "in style"? Around WoW's glory days? It's not like there were a lot of competing options even then. MMOs have always been a niche (in the west), the only game to break the trend is WoW.
    For me "in style" was when WoW peaked at WOTLK. And that point in time was when players didn't mind sinking every single night into this game called WoW. They'd rush home from school, college or work just to log on and spend the entire night playing. Often grinding out levels or wiping repeatedly in instances that took an hour to form. It was a different type of gaming experience and players were a lot more prepared to do things the hard way and sink hours and hours and hours into the game because they didn't know any different.

Now that "niche" has gone and it's been replaced by a different demographic of player that has less time to spend in the game and different priorities. That that's why a lot of the changes we've seen since WOTLK are in place.

Could a new MMO come along and replicate that WOTLK era experience? No. Not in my opinion. Why? Because players simply don't want that type of experience anymore. Simple as that. And it's become very difficult to hold onto MMO player bases for that reason. Gaming and the internet is very much "pick and choose, lots of small experiences" rather than "omfg this game is the best game ever, i can't wait to go home and play it all night".

Yeah not an icecubes chance in hell. Way too expensive and risky.

All blizzard cares for these days is to shit out some wannbe esport competitive crap and stuff that can be milked with seasons. Wow is only still around because it's a cash cow and serves as a vector for their other games to get attention. A 5+ year long investment and the huge risk to fail these days is something that's not exactly what blizzard seems up for. I see them try their hand at one of the current fads next, maybe something like sandbox survival games. It needs to be milkable by them though, so it would probably loose a lot of the appeal you'd expect from the current gen of the genre, but comes with more polish.

Deleted
    What i wish them doing is add a pve element to overwatch, like wow-style raids or dungeons. The OW lore is basically made for it (because of titan).

Also add more pvp modes to OW like Arathi basin / Alterac valley (how cool would this be, 40vs40 OW on a large map with many objectives) OW style.
    If they then add a central hub (should be easily doable with nowadays tech) where you can chill out with other people while waiting for games, instead of skirmish, it basically becomes an MMO.

Also people who think the MMO genre is dead are not right in their mind, we are on the brink of a whole new mmo age with VR-MMO's.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2017-07-14 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about No, keep working on WoW.

I don't vote because I don't want RTS.

I'd love to see them make a big solo RPG game a la Skyrim. They should definitely make it modable.. I'm sure lots of people would play the shit out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Also people who think the MMO genre is dead are not right in their mind, we are on the brink of a whole new mmo age with VR-MMO's.
    Yeah, maybe when half the playerbase wouldn't have to throw up when using VR. You watch too much anime if you think we are on the brink of a VR-revolution in anything. Currently we are making babysteps.

Titan was going to be an MMOFPS or something like that, not an RPG.

As far as I can tell, MMORPGs in general are still a very niche genre, with WoW and FF14 being the only really popular ones.

I don't see Blizzard making another one unless WoW dies out and goes f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yeah, maybe when half the playerbase wouldn't have to throw up when using VR. You watch too much anime if you think we are on the brink of a VR-revolution in anything. Currently we are making babysteps.
    You are a few years behind, the current VR generation (not the el cheapo stuff) like PSVR and the new OCR don't have people throwing up at all. Since PSVR the VR market is growing in a rapid rate. theres several big VRMMO's that have been in development for a few years now too.
    Try to research before you spout shit like this please.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/07/sonys...ion-units.html

https://seekingalpha.com/news/327107...-2_3m-units-q1
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2017-07-14 at 07:41 PM.

You are a few years behind, the current VR generation (not the el cheapo stuff) like PSVR and the new OCR don't have people throwing up at all. Since PSVR the VR market is growing in a rapid rate. theres several big VRMMO's that have been in development for a few years now too.
    Try to research before you spout shit like this please.
    Yeah, by warping all over the place or using other tricks. None of which will make for an immersive RPG, with or without a bunch of annoying other players.

Deleted
    Yeah, by warping all over the place or using other tricks. None of which will make for an immersive RPG, with or without a bunch of annoying other players.

Like i said, you are way behind. Try looking into the current gen VR mmo's and see how they handle things. You seriously have no idea what you are on about.

https://lookingglass.services/virtual-reality-mmorpg/

https://www.digitaltrends.com/virtua...-wang-graylin/

http://massivelyop.com/2017/05/12/mi...secret-vr-mmo/

http://massivelyop.com/2017/05/03/ag...might-be-like/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNK de LUXE View Post
    I'd love to see them make a big solo RPG game a la Skyrim. They should definitely make it modable.. I'm sure lots of people would play the shit out of that.
    Not a casual multiplayer-centric game to be milked for months. Not a Blizzard game.

the only major genre they havent went into so far is a single player RPG (aside from the obvious shit they would never do like sports games and racing games)
    so if they'll make a new IP it'll be that
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-07-14 at 07:48 PM.

Like i said, you are way behind. Try looking into the current gen VR mmo's and see how they handle things. You seriously have no idea what you are on about.
    Okay, the please name a few of these glorified tech demos.. I mean "VR-MMOs". Certainly none of them seem popular atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    /signed (and pre 20034 I hoped the MMO they would publish would be World of Diablo)
    "World of Diablo" would just be boring. I mean there would only be humans as playable races, and the story is just cliche as fucking fuck.

Like I said, World of Starcraft would be absolutely epic. Especially if they go with 3 factions gameplay.

Deleted
    Okay, the please name a few of these glorified tech demos.. I mean "VR-MMOs". Certainly none of them seem popular atm.
    Check my previous post, i was ahead of you