Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It isn't long but it basically extends the effect of the stun as you won't be dodging after the stun. You can blink or ice block to survive but McCree should be able to put down anyone who doesn't have an escape short of tanks.

Still in shock that there is someone here who wants to talk about the game rather than just telling people what mode they are allowed to play in or to bitch and whine about other players behavior.
    Meh, no point in trying to convince the blunt/troll-ish people.
    Well, this change should help those who are trying to land 2 headshots instead of foh after a flashbang. I can only land one so far. ><
    Last edited by A-sayo; 2017-07-14 at 01:34 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Doomfist should release next week but if he releases in this state he is DOA. Currently he can only use his leap seismic slam to move to a lower position during a rising uppercut and if you push E during the rising uppercut your e goes on cooldown with no effect. You will use it thinking you can use it and lose it.
    They need to make it so if you can't use the seismic then you can't use it but it doesn't get expended.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Meh, no point in trying to convince the blunt/troll-ish people.
    Well, this change should help those who are trying to land 2 headshots instead of foh after a flashbang. I can only land one so far. ><
    The general consensus is that the slow is so small you will barely notice it unless it is applied to you, the slow throttles your speed from 0 to 100%. Some say they could prolong the slow and it would be just fine.

Looks like all the changes are aimed at the dive comp, besides DF losing his dive abilty (they say they are going to make it so he can use seismic to leap to equal terrain but currently you can only use it to go to lower...), but Doomfist punching out the two dive tanks, Zarya's Grav bomb being inescapable, McCree falshbang being more efficient and Rheinhardts swing being 10% faster and more reliable in precision is meant to push the dive game out.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm definately able to get off two head shots with McCree stun grenades before the enemy can really move much, but your mileage may vary as I have a natural ability to always land head shots regardless of range or strafing.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-07-14 at 03:48 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't think Zarya needed the buff, as she's never been a bad pick, I also don't think it'll have any impact on the meta, because she's still slow and can't keep up with dive which is the problem she has. Buffing a slow to charge ult doesn't change that.

just got out of a a string of bad matches... one game had a guy roll tank, bitch at the soldier for not letting them have soldier and then bitched about not getting healed while nowhere near the point humping a health pack instead of pushing. Another game team all picked snipers... would be fine if they ever had the payload in line of sight on attack, the ana wasn't too bad but kept falling back to the hanzo and widow they were partied with instead of staying with the tank...

An attack on Hanamura where ONLY 2 people on the team were brave enough to push through the choke point. I swapped 5 times trying to find ways to help get people to push, hanzo to show everyone that YES the enemy team is entrenched and their sym was dropping turrets. Soldier to rush in and try and take out sym's death gate (succeeded but no one would dare go in). Rein to try and get some shield push action so that ANYONE could make it to the doorway and then split... NOPE and they proceed to complain about how no one was on point.... I damn near shattered my keyboard.

Most recently was a sym who didn't understand that they should hide their ults in corners to keep them active... didn't figure out their shield generator till the home stretch... and still ran to the frontlines to place it in the open... I did not realize one could have such bad matches. I did not realize I was but the frog in the well sheltered from such incompetence.

Most of my games lately are:

Does my team have the troll? -> loss
    Does the enemy team have the troll? -> win
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I had a Widow main on my team, I played around her, protected her, we won the match and I actually enjoyed the slightly different approach; they switched to 76 for the last push because they realised we needed something different. It's up there as one of the better games I've played because everyone could see it was working and turned really positive about it.

People are very quick to attack these players as 'none team players', but by expecting them to switch to a 'more meta' hero, and taking a view that you have more 'right' to sticking by your pick because yours is 'more meta' is every bit as negative. I've done the same when we had a Bastion one-trick, but rather than hassle them, I figured how I could help make it work; it's one of the few times I played Orisa on attack; and it was absolutely bloody devastating.

I think a lot of people forget their opponents probably aren't that good, and as well won't be expecting to have to deal with 'different' and very often won't even know how and that it'll probably be too late for them once they do figure something out.

Did I say "more meta" character? No, I said your best characters. QP is for trying new characters, comp is for team play.

EDIT: Specifically, I've seen plenty of devastating attack Widows. A Widow main can be incredibly effective on either attack or defense. But the asshole who has 5 minutes playtime on Widow who picks her on attack and never attacks the enemy Pharah is not playing for the team.
    Last edited by Chrysia; 2017-07-14 at 10:03 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Did I say "more meta" character? No, I said your best characters. QP is for trying new characters, comp is for team play.

EDIT: Specifically, I've seen plenty of devastating attack Widows. A Widow main can be incredibly effective on either attack or defense. But the asshole who has 5 minutes playtime on Widow who picks her on attack and never attacks the enemy Pharah is not playing for the team.
    I'm talking about comp, I've not been in QP for weeks.

The *any player* who ignores the Pharah is not playing for the team. Whether it's the 5 minute Widow, or the Junkrat, Tracer, Genji, Mei, Symmetra with 200 hours who decided "it's not my job".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Still in shock that there is someone here who wants to talk about the game rather than just telling people what mode they are allowed to play in or to bitch and whine about other players behavior.
    There's a different thread for that. Or perhaps, YOU could start a thread about discussing strategies, tactics, level layout, character
    matches, etc. That would be more in line with discussing the game in a more technical sense, which you seem to want to do.

This thread is a question directed towards individuals' personal experiences playing. So yes, its to be expected that said individuals
    will post and gripe about their experiences and the like. More opinionated & subjective talk. Still in shock that you would not expect this,
    280+ pages later.

I'm talking about comp, I've not been in QP for weeks.

The *any player* who ignores the Pharah is not playing for the team. Whether it's the 5 minute Widow, or the Junkrat, Tracer, Genji, Mei, Symmetra with 200 hours who decided "it's not my job".
    And I'm not saying people shouldn't play the characters they prefer in comp, I'm saying you shouldn't be using comp to get used to playing a character.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    There's a different thread for that. Or perhaps, YOU could start a thread about discussing strategies, tactics, level layout, character
    matches, etc. That would be more in line with discussing the game in a more technical sense, which you seem to want to do.

This thread is a question directed towards individuals' personal experiences playing. So yes, its to be expected that said individuals
    will post and gripe about their experiences and the like. More opinionated & subjective talk. Still in shock that you would not expect this,
    280+ pages later.
    Yeah nice try but this thread has become the defacto megathread for all things overwatch. Also I will point out that a mod already said to stop trying to tell people what modes and what characters they are allowed to play. I'll also note I was referring to two days of telling one person what mode they are allowed to play in and that they had to use only optimal characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Guys, can we please keep this thread on track? This thread is for chatting/venting about the current state of your games.

Trying to convince people they are doing it wrong is not only futile but really not the point of this thread. It might have been a fine brief side conversation initially but its been two days and a couple dozen posts and it is obvious that no one is being convinced, so it's time to just drop it.
    Here. /10characters
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-07-14 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I'm not saying people shouldn't play the characters they prefer in comp, I'm saying you shouldn't be using comp to get used to playing a character.
    Some heroes do just work better in Comp than QP. I think Orisa for example works fine there, but less well in QP; and I think a lot of the negativity towards her is because of how she's ineffectual there. I can see how people feel QP just isn't a good training ground, especially for a hero like Widow where someone will just go Winston and spend the entire game camping you, and fuck any concept of winning or working with the rest of their team.

Some heroes do just work better in Comp than QP. I think Orisa for example works fine there, but less well in QP; and I think a lot of the negativity towards her is because of how she's ineffectual there. I can see how people feel QP just isn't a good training ground, especially for a hero like Widow where someone will just go Winston and spend the entire game camping you, and fuck any concept of winning or working with the rest of their team.
    You act like that doesn't happen in competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    You act like that doesn't happen in competitive.
    It happens less, because there are things going on, other things that matter to secure the win. Hell, QP is a fucking nightmare most of the time to play Widow since it doesn't matter and Winston can get his fun farming the Widow because Widow is neither going to have the support, nor a co-ordinated team to try to push through to get to her. In comp, as Widow you actually get more space and time because Winston is actually worrying about other things as well as you.

It happens less, because there are things going on, other things that matter to secure the win. Hell, QP is a fucking nightmare most of the time to play Widow since it doesn't matter and Winston can get his fun farming the Widow because Widow is neither going to have the support, nor a co-ordinated team to try to push through to get to her. In comp, as Widow you actually get more space and time because Winston is actually worrying about other things as well as you.
    I think you're missing the context of this conversation.

The person that started this comment chain isn't thinking about being a cooperative Widow player, he says he's playing Widow in comp despite his 33% win rate as Widow because "he's here to have fun, even if it screws over the rest of the team."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're missing the context of this conversation.

The person that started this comment chain isn't thinking about being a cooperative Widow player, he says he's playing Widow in comp despite his 33% win rate as Widow because "he's here to have fun, even if it screws over the rest of the team."
    Well how do you think the one tricks who get to Masters and upward get there? He isn't 'practising', he's not a 5 minute 'trying something new'. Your complaint just isn't consistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't think Zarya needed the buff, as she's never been a bad pick, I also don't think it'll have any impact on the meta, because she's still slow and can't keep up with dive which is the problem she has. Buffing a slow to charge ult doesn't change that.
    It's more that dive comp heroes generally have movement abilities (to let them dive), and they USED to be able to just NOPE out of Zarya's ultimate fairly easily, making it near-useless against them.

Now, it'll actually do its job.

Yes and no. Do not misunderstand me, I'm not saying go into comp completely green on how to play a character, I do firmly believe that's what Practice and QP modes are best for; however, keep in mind that someone could learn Junkrat on those 2 modes and think they are completely awesome and a boss just to get into comp and see just how quickly they can fall apart going against coordinated, more effective teams. Practice and QP give a very good, yet extremely basic, opportunity to learn characters and maps. To truly master them and learn effective maneuvering and ways around is learned best in comp. I'm not saying start in comp, but it is a great way to improve when you go up against people of equal skill levels and greater skill than yours. It's just sad that someone who wants to master Mei might play hours and hours of QP, just to get into the 2400-master rating and see just how quickly they can be shut down against highly skilled players and people that will adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's more that dive comp heroes generally have movement abilities (to let them dive), and they USED to be able to just NOPE out of Zarya's ultimate fairly easily, making it near-useless against them.

Now, it'll actually do its job.
    That would require her being picked. Again, she's still slow, it's still slow to charge, and still vulnerable to having that ult eaten by DVa anyway.

Well how do you think the one tricks who get to Masters and upward get there? He isn't 'practising', he's not a 5 minute 'trying something new'. Your complaint just isn't consistent.
    Yes, it is. I don't mind people who have some experience with a character playing that character effectively even if the pick doesn't fit the meta. My issue is with players that will only pick the character they like, even if they're fucking garbage at it, in competitive without spending any time in QP first to try to master the basics for that hero, especially when that pick is garbage given the current meta.

Non-meta picks can work at most SRs, as long as everyone is mildly competent at their pick, but you shouldn't be going into comp with the idea that you are their to have fun at the expense of your team.