Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Really, though, they're all just subraces of troll anyway, and that's never a bad thing. More subraces of troll in WoW please!

OT - I agree with the likelihood that we'll get shal'dorei in horde to counter alliance high elves, which will have some kind of change enough to make them worth the effort of adding them.

Please yes! Team #Nightborne! After the success of Suramar (it was pretty ground breaking in style and scope and really pushed forward the game's ability to tell a story), it would be an amazing story evolution to draw them into the PC fold. Hopefully the Liadrin Silgryn convo is foreshadowing that.

Also, any argument about the level of their technical development (animations, etc) is stupid. If they don't currently exist, then - I don't know - perhaps they can just do the work and finish it. It's that simple. If they want them in game, it will happen. It's one race.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Shal'dorei -> Horde (see 7.3 for reasons)
    Link? Seen nothing at all even vaguely hinting at anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Link? Seen nothing at all even vaguely hinting at anything like this.
    From 7.3 PTR....

Silgryn: In my entire lifetime, I never left the borders of Suramar. To see this place is to understand the fate that almost befell my people.

Lady Liadrin: And nearly mine as well. The sin'dorei also had a leader who struck a bargain with the Legion, poisoning us in the process.

Silgryn: An unbridled thirst for power is the most terrible corruption of all. How did your people find their path forward?

Lady Liadrin: We banded together to fight for our place on Azeroth. And we realized we needed allies to stand with us.

Silgryn: And has the Horde served that purpose for you?

Lady Liadrin: It has. Make no mistake, ours has not been an easy road, and we have struggled through dark times. But together we face a world that has often turned its back on us. Together, we find strength.

Silgryn: A valuable perspective, Lady Liadrin. You have given me much to ponder.

(I would be interested to know the context of the appearance of this conversation, and if it shows the same way - or at all - for alliance)
    Last edited by elaina; 2017-07-14 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    From 7.3 PTR....

Silgryn: In my entire lifetime, I never left the borders of Suramar. To see this place is to understand the fate that almost befell my people.

Lady Liadrin: And nearly mine as well. The sin'dorei also had a leader who struck a bargain with the Legion, poisoning us in the process.

Silgryn: An unbridled thirst for power is the most terrible corruption of all. How did your people find their path forward?

Lady Liadrin: We banded together to fight for our place on Azeroth. And we realized we needed allies to stand with us.

Silgryn: And has the Horde served that purpose for you?

Lady Liadrin: It has. Make no mistake, ours has not been an easy road, and we have struggled through dark times. But together we face a world that has often turned its back on us. Together, we find strength.

Silgryn: A valuable perspective, Lady Liadrin. You have given me much to ponder.
    I wouldn't read too much into that, while I can't say the possibility doesn't exist for them to be a playable race at some point, this is just playing out a story thread that was never concluded. I mean Lady Liadrin is VERY present in Suramar World Quests and in the campaign leading up to Nighthold, and that wasn't only totally overlooked in the aftermath but the entirety of how that quest chain ended was a little ho hum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another race of elves is something this game doesn't need.

Why would the Shal'dorie or Quel'dorei ever be put into the game at this point? They're so similar in appearance +other things to Kal'dorei and Sin'dorei it's not even funny. Copy-pasting different skeletons/animations to make 50 different races seems like a small ftp/bpt mmo thing anyways. I don't even have full faith in my wish for a Naga reverted into Night Elves bipedal and scaly humanoid fish race </3

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Why would the Shal'dorie or Quel'dorei ever be put into the game at this point? They're so similar in appearance +other things to Kal'dorei and Sin'dorei it's not even funny. Copy-pasting different skeletons/animations to make 50 different races seems like a small ftp/bpt mmo thing anyways. I don't even have full faith in my wish for a Naga reverted into Night Elves bipedal and scaly humanoid fish race </3
    People get crazy about elves. It's like putting dogs in super bowl commercials.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into that, while I can't say the possibility doesn't exist for them to be a playable race at some point, this is just playing out a story thread that was never concluded. I mean Lady Liadrin is VERY present in Suramar World Quests and in the campaign leading up to Nighthold, and that wasn't only totally overlooked in the aftermath but the entirety of how that quest chain ended was a little ho hum.
    Considering how little blizzard addresses even massive story points (like malfurion and tyrande still having no meaningful interaction with illidan), I tend to lean toward excerpts like this holding some form of importance (Not saying 100% sure nightborne confirmed ofc, but could definitely go that way).

Nope. They share the same models as Night Elves.

Nope. Murlocs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Nope. They share the same models as Night Elves.
    No, they don't. They share some animations (though not all) but the models are *not* the same.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    get another fucking elf race in the horde in the place of ogres? fuck no

Every new race that was added was very closely tied with the story and theme of their respective expansions, so Nightborne make no sense for the expansion after Legion where their story was told. Adding Nightborne as a full new race in the next expansion would make as much sense as adding Blood Elves in Wrath or Pandas in WoD.

Now as a subrace for Belves, that I could easily see being the case if they decide to go with subraces.

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    Every new race that was added was very closely tied with the story and theme of their respective expansions, so Nightborne make no sense for the expansion after Legion where their story was told. Adding Nightborne as a full new race in the next expansion would make as much sense as adding Blood Elves in Wrath or Pandas in WoD.

Now as a subrace for Belves, that I could easily see being the case if they decide to go with subraces.

It wouldnt take much to give them a starting zone either. Suramar already exists. Craft a storyline around having to reclaim the outer reaches of the zone, clear out dissenters or those Shal'dori that cling to the last vestiges of their demonic overlords.

Or heck, transplant them to Gilneas. Horde rolled hot and heavy into that zone, then did nothing with it. Not like those scumbag Worgen have done much to try and reclaim it
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Don't need another elf race.

Chances are if the next expansion is South Seas, then the new race is gonna be naga. It's gonna be a section of Naga who don't follow Azshara, feeling they were betrayed by her in them becoming naga. Or something like that.

Or if blizz doesnt want to do a neutral class again, they might be naga working with the Alliance at Kul'tiras, who will join the main faction after an assault there or something.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    No thank you. I've had enough elves in my life.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakklerot View Post
    If we're going to KulTiras and the South Seas, it's gonna be Murlocs.
    Captain Cookie for racial leader!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm against adding new races, but making one join us at the end of an expansion rather than at the start of it would be an interesting take on the matter, which has never been done before in WoW.