Thread: Where's Thrall?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Where's Thrall?

Now I'm perfectly aware that killing Garrosh like that he screwed the pooch big time but wasn't / still isn't Thrall a pretty good warrior too? Why doesn't he just pick up an axe and you know, lok'tar ogar? I'm not bashing Horde here - I play Horde, but why did he went and retired? It's not like his retirement plot will stay intact if Burning Legion won the war...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Mary Sue is taking a well deserved time out to give us a chance to be the heroes for a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Mary Sue is taking a well deserved time out to give us a chance to be the heroes for a change.
    He's barely been really relevant in the scheme of things since maybe Mist. He isn't a Mary sue.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

He cant talk to the elements. He is at the shaman class hall but isn't playing a big roll after he gives up doomhammer. He used up all his mary sue points and is now just in a supporting roll.

Overall no horde leaders are doing much of anything since 7.0 ended. Which seems fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    After he used the elements to slay Garrosh on Draenor, the elements no longer obeyed his call as a shaman. During the Broken Shore initial invasion, Thrall was extremely weak and after at the Maelstrom, he was beaten again. He gave up the Doomhammer to the heroes of Azeroth because he felt like he could no longer protect the world.

Also Metzen retired, so his voice actor retired too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    After he used the elements to slay Garrosh on Draenor, the elements no longer obeyed his call as a shaman. During the Broken Shore initial invasion, Thrall was extremely weak and after at the Maelstrom, he was beaten again. He gave up the Doomhammer to the heroes of Azeroth because he felt like he could no longer protect the world.

KJ seems to have gained thralls voice though :S

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    He cant talk to the elements. He is at the shaman class hall but isn't playing a big roll after he gives up doomhammer. He used up all his mary sue points and is now just in a supporting roll.

Overall no horde leaders are doing much of anything since 7.0 ended. Which seems fine.
    Well yeah that was my point; he can't talk to elements like a boss but not like he can't pick up an axe and rush to the front.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    If you didn't do the Shaman Order Hall intro, once the elements stop speaking to him as a result of his killing Garrosh, and he passes the hammer on to the Player, he's basically off on a spirit quest to find himself. I'm sure he'll be back at some point.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last I heard Thrall was living out of a van down by the river.

Metzen has left Blizzard so there's no one left to voice him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Except that's not entirely accurate.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...64770996912128

DOn't worry. Not bashing you. I thought the same thing originally.

Pretty sure he's playing daddy somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Except that's not entirely accurate.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...64770996912128

DOn't worry. Not bashing you. I thought the same thing originally.
    I did see that, but given that he hasn't done any VA work for any character since Legion launched, I figured it's worth saying. Blizzard even reused the SoO "what a king must do" line from Varian for the Anduin cinematic instead of bothering Metzen to record a new line.

not being involved for once, thankfully
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk man, he gave me his Doomhammer and picked up baking or something

He's being crucified for being Green Jesus. Don't worry, on the third expansion he'll be back.

Worst bullshit explanation ever given for anything.

Especially after giving the bogus explanation on Draenor that the elements there are indeed different from the ones on Azeroth. He could have taken an arrow to the knee and it would have been better story telling..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-07-14 at 09:23 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Worst bullshit explanation ever given for anything.

Especially after giving the bogus explanation on Draenor that the elements there are indeed different then the ones on Azeroth. He could have taken an arrow to the knee and it would have been a better explanation ..
    My headcanon: He's marked. The furies of Draenor recognized his bullshit (here. be warchief. everyone is telling me it is a bad idea but nah. ...Oh, everything is going down? I will kill you with MAH ELEMENTS), and stopped answering his call. Once he came to Azeroth, the elements recognized his failure, and now they too avoid him.

The element not responding to his call is likely more on his part than on the elements's part. The fight with Garrosh just made him doubt himself and his decisions. He even refused to take any responsibility for Garrosh's actions when Garrosh blamed him in the fight. Yes, Garrosh chose his own destiny but Thrall did not bother to help with the transition of power too which is extremely important in politics and governing in general.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    My headcanon: He's marked. The furies of Draenor recognized his bullshit (here. be warchief. everyone is telling me it is a bad idea but nah. ...Oh, everything is going down? I will kill you with MAH ELEMENTS), and stopped answering his call. Once he came to Azeroth, the elements recognized his failure, and now they too avoid him.
    Shamans use the elements to kill shit all the time. Fro someone as important as Thrall was, it makes no sense that only he has the pacifist elements that are offended for killing a genocidal orc, that loves fucking up elements with dark shamans.