Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You only need to breathe out to make noise, that's how vocal cords work.
    Unfortunately breathing requires respiration in both directions; out and IN. "In" is hard to do with someone's knee in your spine, try it sometime.
    All up to speed now?

OT: Hopefully all the morons involved get fired and aren't allowed near any job that has authority to it again. This is like, next level dipshittery.
    If you completely breathe out, you will not be able to breathe because the diaphragm is weakest at that position. If you maintain air in your lungs you can breathe and speak. A person wouldn't know they actually couldn't breathe until they completely deflated their lungs. IE if you can say something you can breathe. It takes massive amount of weight spread widely across the chest to actually not be able to breathe. Now are we caught up.

Most of the time when people can't breathe, they are just having a panic attack, or are just panicking in general. Which is why when people have panick attacks, they say "I can't breathe" often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    She can easily be mistaken for a man.

It's clearly a case of human error.

The title is misleading. I see no racism here.
    you're obviously not progressive enough then.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    A person wouldn't know they actually couldn't breathe until they completely deflated their lungs.
    Really? So you have to completely deflate your lungs before you can attempt to inhale and realize you can't?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Would need to know if that shirt is what she was wearing and if her backpack was white. Otherwise seems stupid. While I can understand some force to confront someone you think is armed, everything just seems excessive.

Granted we also just had a case where a sherrif dept falsified a report to protect a deputy's husband (proven already), so I'm very unlikely to take a cops word either
    Why not expand your distrust to all people if you think because of a job they are all the same. Maybe it is just all married people lie.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I can't speak for all areas of the country, but where I grew up it's a very commonly used insult toward black women. That they look like men, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Really? So you have to completely deflate your lungs before you can attempt to inhale and realize you can't?
    With your lungs inflated, you can still take in breathe, quick short breaths. I literally say it in the past, but you don't quote it.

... you're right; I'm not an 'expert at profiling a person'.

Police however, are trained in just that. They are supposed to be able to judge important factors like gender, height, and weight. From a distance I would agree it could be easy to misconstrue this woman's gender. But upfront? No... it's impossible.

It's inconceivable that while in arms reach of this woman, asking for her backpack, they continued to misjudge that she fails to match the suspects Height, Weight, Gender, and being Bald.

They saw a black person and immediately jumped as though this was their suspect. It was the one element of the suspects description that they got right.

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemorter View Post
    they all look the same. same with asians. can't blame the cop
    I had a classmate from Hong Kong. One day she got angry because someone mistook her for Japanese rather than Chinese.

I asked her if she could tell the difference between a German, a French, and an Italian.

She said that was different because all whites looks alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Or cops could not shoot people for merely non compliance.

You know, like not in a police state.
    They don't. And before you link to some article that claims the opposite, let's be clear, the exception does not make the rule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    With your lungs inflated, you can still take in breathe, quick short breaths. I literally say it in the past, but you don't quote it.
    You're arguing semantics. The statement "I can't breath" forces the assumption of "as well I normally can." Let's leave it at that.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2017-07-15 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Something's wrong with you if you can't tell the difference between 5'10 170 lbs and 5'2 117 lbs. Cop is clearly too incompetent to work on the streets, and needs his vision checked.
    And you think a race bait thread actually is worth discussing?

Police officers being incompetent and dumb as usual, what else is new

- - - Updated - - -

Also the nurses who can tell the difference between a male or female ? Are people in this country utterly stupid or what ? She was able to talk, they should have asked her her name etc... talk to her.

I call bullshit on this part... if that's true... I pity your healthcare

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I'll say is if you truly think that's "appropriate" use of force and it's justified given the circumstances then I sincerely hope all those thinking the police can do no wrong don't have to be at the receiving end of it. Or maybe they should on second thought, I'm sure that will change their perspective fast enough .

Certain people on the left can't seem to differentiate between people with criminal backgrounds and innocent victims whereas people on the right can't seem to understand that there are both good and bad authority figures and that criticizing the bad ones doesn't mean you're against them all.

This era of purely black and white beliefs is just plain retarded and it's easy to see partisanship has a lot to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Also the nurses who can tell the difference between a male or female ? Are people in this country utterly stupid or what ? She was able to talk, they should have asked her her name etc... talk to her.

In case of a criminal arrest needing medical attention it's usually officers who are answering any questions the nurses might have regarding the patient which is utterly stupid. I've had colleagues working emergency been told to not question the authorities when they tried to directly talk to thr patient ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I'm assuming the nurse just put down whatever information the officer at the scene provided her since they really aren't paid enough to try and question them.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing like broad generalizations to invalidate your entire comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Okay yeah having seen the picture I have a hard time believing that's female. Trans? Either way regardless of what they thought she was ONE fucking look should have told them all they needed to know. 'Is that even remotely close to 5' 10" and 170lb? Sure. Maybe if I slapped some fucking platforms and a couple of sandbags on. Next potential vic- I mean suspect.'

Jail time for these fuckers. a BLIND man could have told you she wasn't the one they were looking for. Fucking morons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a boy to me.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we even care if it's a boy or a girl?? Why do they have permission to assault anyone they see who 'might' be the perpetrator? They're not the freaking Gestapo.

Some people look androgynous, goes for any race imo. There are some people out there who think black people are more masculine, so that explains the racial angle. West Africans do have big bones and different bone structures (not east africans, though), so I understand where this comes from.

So do we have any proof other than her word yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    So do we have any proof other than her word yet?
    Flip that around, do we have any proof that her word is more valid or less valid that the words of the police involved in the incident? At the end of the day, police are people too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.