Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Report: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Grabs Decade-High Market Share In Intel CPU Battle

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/repor...153157481.html

worth noting that number is based on Passmark only (i.e. its only taken from CPUs that have installed and ran Passmark)

Steam is different
    https://www.techpowerup.com/234955/s...and-windows-10
    An update to the Steam survey results is always worth noting, especially with the added, tremendous growth Valve's online store service has seen recently. And it seems that in the Steam gaming world at least, quad-core CPUs, NVIDIA graphics cards, and Windows 10 reign supreme.

Windows 10 64-bit is the most used operating system, with 50.33% of the survey. That the second most used Windows OS is the steady, hallmark Windows 7 shouldn't come as a surprise, though it does have just 32.05% of the market now. OS X has a measly 2.95% of the grand total, while Linux comes in at an even lower 0.72%. While AMD processor submits may have increased in other software, it seems that at least in Steam, those numbers aren't reflected, since AMD's processor market share in the survey has decreased from 21.89% in February to just 19.01% as of June, even though the company's Ryzen line of CPUs has been selling like hotcakes. Quad-core CPUs are the most used at time of the survey, at 52.06%, while the next highest percentage is still the dual-core CPU, with 42.23%.

On the graphics cards side of the equation though, AMD seems to be in a pretty considerable losing streak when it comes to the Steam hardware survey. The red company has fallen from a 26.2% market share in January 2016 to a much lower 20.5% in June 2017; it seems Polaris' price-point and lower cost of entry for FreeSync did little to convince users to migrate to the red team. Perhaps the lack of a halo product doomed AMD from the start?

There are a total of 19 NVIDIA video cards taking up the top spots in the Steam hardware survey before the first AMD video card series - the HD 7700 - makes an appearance with its measly 1.21% market share. Of the top 19 NVIDIA graphics cards, the GTX 1060 takes the top spot, with 6.29% market. Other 1000 series graphics cards from NVIDIA in the top 19 spots include the GTX 1070 (5th place with 3.60%), the GTX 1050 Ti (6th, 2.80%), the GTX 1050 (13th place, 1.74%) and the GTX 1080 (14th, 1.73%).
    so in the gaming segment things are still the same
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2017-07-07 at 10:31 PM.

Ya that's true, a better indication than either of those would be amazon sales:
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...tronics/229189

2 ryzens in the top 5.

As an aside i finalized my OC today, my 1700 wont quite do 4.0ghz (well maybe it can, but wasnt willing to push volts further). With 1.44v i could run cinebench/aida and get no crashes, but i would get a random hardware error here and there. If i wasnt a stickler i could leave it there, but 3.9ghz with 1.360v and cas 14 3000 ram is where i ended up with. That puts me above 1700 points on cinebench multi and 160 single, putting it darn close to a stock clocked 6600k. Not bad for a CPU with quadruple the horsepower

BTW the be quiet dark rock pro 3 is amazing, even with 1.44v the highest i ever saw was 78c, that is lower than some people are getting with 280 aio's, and close to people with full custom loops. With 1.36v the highest it goes to is 68c after half an hour of aida 64 extreme.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3pJ_--nf5E

AMD just confirmed pricing at least for MSRP for its 16 core flagship, Intel Skylake X is finished before it even started.

10+ Year Old Account
    12 core part is $800(799)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearly beat the world record (held by 5.7ghz overclocked 7900x) at stock speed. Pretty neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically the records are held within their own core count categories I think.

Deleted
    Intel just reached new low in their marketing - directly attacking amd epyc chips and making false accusations ^^ Video about it here

Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    Intel just reached new low in their marketing - directly attacking amd epyc chips and making false accusations ^^ Video about it here
    Well what can you do, when your current product is miles behind the competition in price/performance and most notably performance per watt in floating point performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Well what can you do, when your current product is miles behind the competition in price/performance and most notably performance per watt in floating point performance.
    Still dick move and makes me wonder how is it exactly legal to advertise like this. One would think that in this day and age it would be regulated...

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    12 core part is $800(799)
    I think that they should have come in with a price of $699 for the 12 core, depending on the MB prices to try and get as close to matching the 8 core Skylake-X platform price as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I think that they should have come in with a price of $699 for the 12 core, depending on the MB prices to try and get as close to matching the 8 core Skylake-X platform price as possible.
    Why? When the date draw closer everyone trash talking will be ready to jump sides for 5fps on a benchmark. The actual reality is no one mentions that the ryzen chipset is still lacking in feature support on motherboards, while its rapidly being added updating bios every few weeks is tedious to a lot of people. The majority of this forum wouldn't have touched an FX chip when they were actually within range of the rival i5's performance but had a much better multitasking and real world performance. The bottom actual line is unless you're playing 4k resolution what cpu you get in the mid to top tier is completely irrelevant for high quality gameplay on nearly every game out. The only real reasons to go beyond is you like to have way more than enough power and dont care what anyones opinon is or you enjoy pissing matches over who's got a better computer. Then in both cases, most people would probably still opt to have the top i7 over any AMD cpu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Why? When the date draw closer everyone trash talking will be ready to jump sides for 5fps on a benchmark. The actual reality is no one mentions that the ryzen chipset is still lacking in feature support on motherboards, while its rapidly being added updating bios every few weeks is tedious to a lot of people. The majority of this forum wouldn't have touched an FX chip when they were actually within range of the rival i5's performance but had a much better multitasking and real world performance. The bottom actual line is unless you're playing 4k resolution what cpu you get in the mid to top tier is completely irrelevant for high quality gameplay on nearly every game out. The only real reasons to go beyond is you like to have way more than enough power and dont care what anyones opinon is or you enjoy pissing matches over who's got a better computer. Then in both cases, most people would probably still opt to have the top i7 over any AMD cpu.
    So, what are the feature set missing (ryzen isn't a chipset)? Do remember that the current one being talked about is Threadripper, so socket LGA 4094 Chipset X399.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-07-15 at 07:20 AM.

I wanna see a review of Threadripper for WoW benchmark ultra settings in a raid.

I doubt anyone really cares about WoW on Threadripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    I wanna see a review of Threadripper for WoW benchmark ultra settings in a raid.
    Since WoW doesn't care much about cores, it'll be the same as the 1800x or the 1600x (same clockspeed iirc).

Quote Originally Posted by lloewe View Post
    Since WoW doesn't care much about cores, it'll be the same as the 1800x or the 1600x (same clockspeed iirc).
    IC, but I'm really really happy that AMD is bringing prices down because at some point I reckon that a couple of years with price fighting between Intel and AMD we will be having 4/6 core as a baseline for anyone want an entry PC to gaming or anything else.

This is all benefits for us consumers rather than Intel and Nvidia are dominating the market with their absurd prices that are going up every year with when they are introducing a new line.

Deleted
    I was going to do a 1700x rig to help out AMD but then I found i7 7700k brand new for 280€.. Sigh maybe next year.

My friend got the 1700x, and I did some rendering on it and that thing was a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    I am not talking about games. There are much better gaming processors than Threadripper. I am talking about a business looking at options for multiprocessing machines. They have an Intel 8 core for $1300 and a Threadripper 12 core machine at $1400. No one got fired for buying Intel so there is an argument for at least matching the price so it would be 8 core vs 12 core for the same price. The Intel MB's will be more expensive but I don't think $200 more expensive, Rumors are that Threadripper is including a water cooling heat sink so that might explain the pricing too.

So now we have Ryzen 3 , worth enough to have a gaming build or just skip to Ryzen 5 for that little extra cash ?

Deleted
    Its up to you. The R5 is better. Those extra threads will come in handy.

I just got the R7 1700. Its excellent. Stretched from the R5 1600 to it. Love it so far.