Thread: Where's Thrall?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's barely been really relevant in the scheme of things since maybe Mist. He isn't a Mary sue.
    Prior to his absence, he was a Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Mary Sue. His absence is largely a response to the playerbase getting sick to the back teeth of Green Jesus being the true hero of the game in which we're meant to be playing the hero.

I hope Khadgar gets where Thrall is no and fades into oblivion. Both characters are overused and have reached their climax long ago.

Was he even present during the Horde meeting where Sylvanas was assigned the new warchief? Was he at Vol'jin's funeral? I dont remember.

Maybe he finally added 2+2 and realized its all his fault for appointing Garrosh as the warchief of the horde. He indirectly messed up our world (and timeline!), its better if he steps back and let the real heroes fix it.

Deleted
    He'll be back next expac to ask for his hammer back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Mary Sue is taking a well deserved time out to give us a chance to be the heroes for a change.
    leave green jesus alone

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Shamans use the elements to kill shit all the time. Fro someone as important as Thrall was, it makes no sense that only he has the pacifist elements that are offended for killing a genocidal orc, that loves fucking up elements with dark shamans.
    it was during a Mak'gora where they were supposed to fight only using traditional weapons and not magic or anything like it.

Deleted
    The Mak'gora (also written as mak'gora[1] or Mak'Gora[2][3]) means "duel of honor". Theyre not allowed to use magic/spells wtv and thrall did and therefore screwing the honor part of the duel. Thats why the elements dont respond.

You can also check the warcraft movie where guldan also uses magic(tries to be discret and all) and the orcs start doubting him since its not their way.

He's barely been really relevant in the scheme of things since maybe Mist. He isn't a Mary sue.
    Cause you know his face wasn't plastered all around WoD for Horde lol. Long story short, we'll see a lot less of him because his voice actor retired.

lol triggered.

He was prominent all the way from Cataclysm to WoD (Frostfire Peaks and Nagrand, anyone?) and it was seriously getting grating watching him kill steal our end bosses. He was a boring, one dimensional character and I am glad he's not in the limelight right now. Maybe if they can learn to write him a story arc that actually feels even slightly meaningful he can be brought back, but I'd still prefer not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Also Metzen retired, so his voice actor retired too.
    Metzen is definitely still doing voice acting for Blizzard. I'm like 100% certain he voiced KJ. Granted a lot of this could have been done before he announced his retirement. I would still expect him to be around here and there for things like that and consulting, even if he's not involved in developing games for Blizzard anymore.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-07-14 at 10:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Metzen is definitely still doing voice acting for Blizzard. I'm like 100% certain he voiced KJ. Granted a lot of this could have been done before he announced his retirement. I would still expect him to be around here and there for things like that and consulting, even if he's not involved in developing games for Blizzard anymore.
    Metzen hasn't voiced Kil'jaeden.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Hopefully dead. Fuck that annoying loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The element not responding to his call is likely more on his part than on the elements's part.
    The artifact knowledge tome at the Maelstrom states this quite clearly:

Long ago, before Orgrim passed the Doomhammer to Thrall, he confided that although the weapon had once brought him closer to the elements, over time it had become a dead weight in his hands.

Through the years, Thrall wielded the Doomhammer with honor and integrity. However, following his execution of the malign warchief Garrosh Hellscream, Thrall felt conflicted. This internal struggle was reflected in the Doomhammer as well. In Thrall's mind, the weapon that had embodied the ideals of justice and virtue had now come to represent vengeance.

History repeated itself as the Doomhammer had once again become a "dead weight."

Metzen is gone. No surprise that Varian died and Thrall retired.

Deleted
    It's such a weird storyline. Killing Garrosh was the right thing to do. Did the elements forget what Garosh' shamans did in orgrimmar? It's beyond me why they would get annoyed, especially given said elements were from an alternate reality!

Blizz... what are you doing? Le sigh...

he's on babysitting duty while aggra cracks open a cold one with the boys.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    It's such a weird storyline. Killing Garrosh was the right thing to do. Did the elements forget what Garosh' shamans did in orgrimmar? It's beyond me why they would get annoyed, especially given said elements were from an alternate reality!
    I don't understand where this idea came from that the elements are punishing Thrall for "cheating." I really don't understand why it's persisting, either, when the shaman class hall explicitly tells you that it's due to Thrall's self-doubt about his execution of Garrosh being about vengeance rather than justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    99% he is perfecting his powers and he will become the new Khadgar for the new expansion.
    He´ll be asking his hammer back.

Thinking he's traveling a bit, maybe Thunderbluff, Desolace MU Nagrand, and finally AU Draenor, to find himself again. And maybe brings back some friends.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Metzen is definitely still doing voice acting for Blizzard. I'm like 100% certain he voiced KJ.
    Didn't know Metzen and Richard Epcar are the same person.