Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's the point of Sindragosa's Fury?

Can somebody explain to me what's the point of having this skill as Frost DK? Sure it deals a massive amount of damage but what does it add to the spec besides that? Are there any synergies I haven't found out yet? Most artifact skills somehow interact with your class design like the Moon spells from Balance Druids or Phoenix Flames from Fire Mages - but what's the point of Sindragosa's Fury? I mean it's bad enough that it has a 5 minute CD but not even having anything spec-related? What am I missing?

Probably beacuse it was a cool idea they thought. Not everything has to be practical.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Fantasy wise it's spot on for a frost DK
    Gameplay wise it's exceptionally useful for burst AOE
    It's cool as fuck
    This exactly. It fits the fantasy, does a high amount of burst AoE, and looks cool as fuck.

I just wish it didn't have such a long cooldown.

Well... With the legendary pants... You can have it up pretty much everytime. It's not like it's recommended, but for some people, it may be fun I guess.

Sure the skill is great and I really like it, has got some nice visuals and deals massive damage but it is just a fun skill without any purpose. It doesn't trigger anything, it doesn't add anything to the spec, it's just another OOOOMPH skill. That's what I find a bit strange. I'd say 99% of the artifact skills have some synergies with the spec but Sindragosa's Fury hasn't. That's my complaint.

It's probably to make up for the fact that the artifact ability is a lame passive, that's just two stupid floating swords?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Can somebody explain to me what's the point of having this skill as Frost DK? Sure it deals a massive amount of damage but what does it add to the spec besides that? Are there any synergies I haven't found out yet? Most artifact skills somehow interact with your class design like the Moon spells from Balance Druids or Phoenix Flames from Fire Mages - but what's the point of Sindragosa's Fury? I mean it's bad enough that it has a 5 minute CD but not even having anything spec-related? What am I missing?
    There's nothing. Frost has some of the most garbage design out of all the specs in Legion. It was only good in NH because t19 set bonuses plus the helm before it was nerfed had stupid synergies with the recently buffed talents of BoS and GS.

Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    There's nothing. Frost has some of the most garbage design out of all the specs in Legion. It was only good in NH because t19 set bonuses plus the helm before it was nerfed had stupid synergies with the recently buffed talents of BoS and GS.
    They should bake T19 into the class

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Sure the skill is great and I really like it, has got some nice visuals and deals massive damage but it is just a fun skill without any purpose. It doesn't trigger anything, it doesn't add anything to the spec, it's just another OOOOMPH skill. That's what I find a bit strange. I'd say 99% of the artifact skills have some synergies with the spec but Sindragosa's Fury hasn't. That's my complaint.
    SF is not the artifact skill, Crystalline Swords is.

Crystalline Swords interacts with no other traits other than the final Golden, which is the same w/ the other classes I play:

WW Monk: Strike of the Windlord. Another button to hit which deals some damage. No artifact traits increase or interact with SotW except final Golden, which adds damage to melee strikes. But has no effect on the WW dps sequence.

Resto Shaman: Gift of the Queen. A ground targeted AE heal. No artifact traits interact with it, except for the last golden trait which simply casts it twice so it's just straight up more powerful. But does zero in terms of interaction or strategy, you don't even need to hit the button twice.

Most artifact skills somehow interact with your class design like the Moon spells from Balance Druids or Phoenix Flames from Fire Mages
    Perhaps those artifacts are simply better designed. But as I pointed out above, Frost has the same amount of limited synergy with its artifact skill as several other specs in the game.
    Last edited by taek; 2017-07-14 at 10:50 PM.

It serves many purposes, especially after Frost lost the temporary ghoul summon and then army of the dead ghouls summons

1) its basicly the only spell that has any real tie for a Frost Death knight to having anything to do with the undead (we still have nothing to do with souls... while using frostmourne reforged blades)

2) Its a major cooldown or in short another cooldown for the spec with the least amount of cooldowns in the game

3) It thematically fits for Frost Death Knights

4) It has graphical levity too it (there was a time were Warriors produced more "firey" effects then FDKs did Frost effects and it was a running joke)

7+ Year Old Account
    Cause it's a huge fucking undead dragon flying by and murdering shit

Quote Originally Posted by taek View Post
    Perhaps those artifacts are simply better designed. But as I pointed out above, Frost has the same amount of limited synergy with its artifact skill as several other specs in the game.
    I know that some specs have similar issues (I have a Monk and Shaman at 110 as well and I dislike that they're skills are not having any synergies at all). I just don't know why some classes get skills with great synergies (Elemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Fire Mage etc.) and others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    It's not huge though. Always felt like I was calling a baby dragon to breath snow on my enemies. They could at least put some ice shards on the ground instead of just snow.

* You call a frozen dragon to do your bidding.
    * AOE
    * Massive AOE Damage
    * Aesthetics
    * If you have the right legendary (and I do) the dragon will freeze your opponents when hit.
    Also mine has a 2.5 minute cool down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool factor. Most people are playing DK because of the aesthetic of it, not only how they feel to play.

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't want to play an unstoppable undead monster, covered head to toe in frightening armor, riding on a dead creature like a bat out of hell; I guess people who like the aesthetic of Paladins and justice and all that.

The blades were going to have a soul sucking mechanic (because frostmourne)but then someone got scared that might impact/overlap DHs to much so it got changed to icicles. I imagine SF is payment for that injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Well... With the legendary pants... You can have it up pretty much everytime. It's not like it's recommended, but for some people, it may be fun I guess.
    The legendary pants make SF even more fun to use, it's great aligning all of your CDs with an SF use, and combined with Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish, it feels amazing doing enormous amounts of burst damage. At around 896 ilvl, you can do about 2 million (give or take a couple hundred thousand) damage in the span of like, a second.

Are there more viable legendaries? Hell yeah. Am I only using the legendary pants because its the only one I have aside from KJBW? Yup. Is it still fun as hell to use? You betcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    QFT it looks badass!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercidos View Post
    It's probably to make up for the fact that the artifact ability is a lame passive, that's just two stupid floating swords?
    The artifact ability is Sindragosa's Fury, the swords are a passive. Just because they are the first golden you unlock doesn't mean it's an "ability".