Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I play both sides, pretty much since vanilla, since I knew both sides got different storylines and wanted to see both of them.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started off playing Alliance back in mid Vanilla, because the friend who got me into the game played them. Since then, I play both Alliance and Horde. My Warlock (main) just went back to Alliance last week, and my Death Knight is still Horde. But if I had a choice, I'd totally join the Legion...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    the alliance felt more powerful to me, and it has also better landscapes in my opinion and I prefer interracting with those

I wish you could switch factions without losing any stats

Horde because it's more fun to be the bad guys. Hope this triggered some lore nerds lool

Deleted
    I played both factions when I started just to see the general story of most of the races.

I liked the Alliance far more because of the general looks of their zones and cities and the stories of the starting zones were far more interesting. Besides, joining WoW shortly after playing WCIII:TFT I was mostly interested in seeing the new stories of the humans and night elves.

I play both factions. I have friends that are Alliance and Horde and I want to play with both.

Plus each faction has races I like. Night Elf, Worgen and Human for Alliance and Orc, Troll and Tauren for Horde.

I've pretty much mained Horde since I joined in vanilla, its the faction that my friends played but I would've picked Horde anyway. They are by far the more interesting faction with all the playable races that I like, even though I found it odd that the Horde and Forsaken are fighting together while they never had a good relationship before. The night elves in the Alliance made a lot more sense at least. I tried to play Alliance a lot of times but I often get so bored after leveling past 10, but thanks to being able to level so fast these days I got 2 high level Alliance characters (worgen hunter and human priest). I also wanted to experience the revamped Alliance zones.

In my realm I got about 3 Alliance characters (level 100, 90 and 60) and the rest are all Horde, with 3 of them 110 and the rest in 100-110 with a couple of them much lower. I eventually plan to level all characters so that I can experience all the class campaigns, but I'm taking my time and waiting for all the catch up mechanics to arrive.

I played both up until Garrosh Hellscream became our enemy -- as someone who primarily played Forsaken, with one Blood Elf, I couldn't stomach being led by people like Baine or Vol'jin.

I also came to realize that all of the my favorite things about the Horde were essentially Alliance-derived; Blood Knights, Dark Rangers, Farstriders, Conclave of Silvermoon, Sylvanas, Lor'themar, Rommath, et cetera.
    Last edited by Fyersing; 2017-07-13 at 10:33 PM.

Blood elf racial.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I really liked Night Elves and their Lore since WC3, so when WoW was released, me and my brothers chose them, which automatically made us Alliance.
    I also have Horde characters, but I main Alliance cuz I've just grown attached to that faction.

Prior to jumping into WoW, I was playing WC3 and TFT. Playing through the TFT campaign I was really captured by the Sylvanas part of the undead campaign, where she formed the Forsaken faction. Naturally Forsaken was the natural choice to make as I started playing WoW. That being said even if not for that, would likely have picked Horde anyways because of the orc campaign with Thrall and Cairne.

Free holy power every 1.5 mins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

The red in the horde banner, plus Tauren look a bit more imposing than any alliance race at the time.

All my RL friends were playing horde, so I rolled one of the races that could be a priest.

Rest is history.

I prefer the Horde races. I have one alliance character that I level each expansion to witness that point of view but thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the theme of the Forsaken back in 06. Eleven years latter i'm playing both factions mostly because my sister wanted to play a nelf driud and wanted to play with me...Draenei females are 10/10.
    I'll do something witty and clever in this box one day...

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the Horde races. They seem much less flat to me. The Alliance races strike me as very flat in their lore, without much variance in their appearances aside from worgen and Draenei. There's also no good caster races on the Alliance that look good in robes (and I will never roll female) and trolls look so damn good in cloth.

Only downside is no good Horde demon hunter races.

Deleted
    Played Orcs since WC1, 1995. My first WoW char. was a tauren warrior tho. Now I main an orc (enhashaman). Alliance has only one race I find interesting/relatable: the dwarves. (Let's trade: alliance can have belfs, Horde gets dwarves in exchange.) I have tried alliance and it's not for me: mostly bland and boring, equipped with "holier than thou"-morals.

Played night elf in WC3. The decision was a no-brainer for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Because the Alliance, unlike the Horde, are founded on core principles of justice, freedom and cooperation.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    So having CONCENTRATION CAMPS is showing principles of justice, freedom and cooperation?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Gameplay-wise though, I chose Alliance because all of the Horde races looked ugly, and the Draenei looked way cooler.
    Talks about ugly and then chooses a GOAT.....

Tauren4Life