View Poll Results: WoW 2 or nay

Voters
383. This poll is closed
  • I'd like to see WoW 2 as direct continuation of WoW

145 37.86%
  • Would like to remain in Warcraft universe, but in a different world with new races

34 8.88%
  • Would like to see a new MMO under a different Blizzard IP (ie Overwatch/Diablo/Starcraft MMO

75 19.58%
  • WoW is doing just fine, don't need a new MMO

129 33.68%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamsus View Post
    Regarding this part, pal, would you change also "Historical-Fantasy" setting\period?

For example, something more modern or more primitive etc?

Just for sake of curiosity 'cause is very interesting
    I would keep a setting with magic. I would make sure it didn't have things like guns, tanks, nukes, etc.

Some years ago, I would feel excited... Now? I no longer have trust in Blizzard.. so it will be a "lets wait to see how they ll do it" reaction.

Someday they will need to change the Engine... like FFXI moved to FFXIV, WoW will move to WoW 2.0 one day. is innevitable
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Maybe because they were never obligated to do so in the first place?
    They reported subs for 10 years, why stop? They stopped because they didn't want people to know how low it was getting. It dropped consistently and predictably from the moment cata launched until they stopped reporting, why would we assume anything has changed?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They reported subs for 10 years, why stop? They stopped because they didn't want people to know how low it was getting. It dropped consistently and predictably from the moment cata launched until they stopped reporting, why would we assume anything has changed?
    Must be the reason. Your opinion must be fact right?

Feel free to assume. That's all you and I have to go on. I could guess the numbers are at 7 million now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Some years ago, I would feel excited... Now? I no longer have trust in Blizzard.. so it will be a "lets wait to see how they ll do it" reaction.

Someday they will need to change the Engine... like FFXI moved to FFXIV, WoW will move to WoW 2.0 one day. is innevitable
    11 to 14 wasn't just an engine change. It was an entirely new game. Games like FF11 and EQ lost a lot of players when WoW came around so Square made 14 to basically have a modern MMO for their series.

And to be honest 14 so far has been good. They managed to kill it off once and revive it into something successful.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-14 at 10:58 PM.

An unofficial census is now fact? Man this is hilarious. Let's not forget that Wacrarft Realms hasn't had any servers activity ratio data updated in over 30 days. So the data is completely skewed.

Again show me hard solid concrete numbers. Not an unofficial census.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe because they were never obligated to do so in the first place?
    So because something you say isn't fact makes it nonfactual. Brilliant logic. No point in arguing with someone who won't wake up to a dying game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    So because something you say isn't fact makes it nonfactual. Brilliant logic. No point in arguing with someone who won't wake up to a dying game.
    Well considering the census activity data for each server hasn't been updated on a consistent basis then yes. Warcraft Realms in general is an unreliable source. Go update the activity data then maybe it will hold some weight.

The irony in you saying that yet you throw a claim out that the game is "dropping subs monthly" without any concrete evidence other than an unofficial census.

Maybe provide an actual source to your claims and then I'd take your posting of "game is dying monthly" seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be the reason. Your opinion must be fact right?

Feel free to assume. That's all you and I have to go on. I could guess the numbers are at 7 million now.
    An educated guess (mine) is better than pulling a number out of your ass (what you did)
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

An educated guess (mine) is better than pulling a number out of your ass (what you did)
    Not really an educated guess. They never had to report sub numbers. Was their choice. But of course them choosing not to must mean "game is dying". Maybe they just got sick of the whiny little brats who claimed a game can't survive on less than 10 million players yet other games have proven that theory wrong?

But let's get back on topic shall we? This has no relation to WoW 2.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-14 at 11:06 PM.

11 to 14 wasn't just an engine change. It was an entirely new game. Games like FF11 and EQ lost a lot of players when WoW came around so Square made 14 to basically have a modern MMO for their series.

And to be honest 14 so far has been good. They managed to kill it off once and revive it into something successful.
    It depends what a company feel is a acceptable number of players/subscribers. Blizzard might think that 1 million players is a reason to go for wow 2.0 while other MMOs see 1 million players as ultimate success... you cannot really compare the reasons of each company move..

Also there are consoles.. Maybe Blizzard want to expand wow to consoles and this cant be done with current engine. And of course, wow 2.0 will not mean the death of wow 1.0. FFXI is still around and getting updates too..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    It depends what a company feel is a acceptable number of players/subscribers. Blizzard might think that 1 million players is a reason to go for wow 2.0 while other MMOs see 1 million players as ultimate success... you cannot really compare the reasons of each company move..

Also there are consoles.. Maybe Blizzard want to expand wow to consoles and this cant be done with current engine. And of course, wow 2.0 will not mean the death of wow 1.0. FFXI is still around and getting updates too..
    FF11 gets the bare minimum of updates to be fair. Also PS2/360 support was ended a year ago.

As for WoW 2 who knows? Blizzard certainly don't look like they are doing it right now although I'd love to see them explore the possibility of a console port if they do a new MMO.

I see WoW going for at least 10 more years before Blizzard even think about a WoW 2 or another MMO. Hell they say they usually plan ahead 1-2 expansions after the current one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really an educated guess.
    How is identifying a trend that has been consistent in it's existence for YEARS and assuming it continues after we are denied vision of it NOT an educated guess?

How is identifying a trend that has been consistent in it's existence for YEARS and assuming it continues after we are denied vision of it NOT an educated guess?
    It's an assumption. So do you want to get back on topic or not? If not then I won't reply any further.

IF they did a wow2, it would have to either be a side story (planet X or other side of azeroth) or it would have to be a massive prequel (such as a few months after the war of the ancients concluded, in that big lore gap where the night elves sort of slept or something)

Well considering the census activity data for each server hasn't been updated on a consistent basis then yes. Warcraft Realms in general is an unreliable source. Go update the activity data then maybe it will hold some weight.

The irony in you saying that yet you throw a claim out that the game is "dropping subs monthly" without any concrete evidence other than an unofficial census.

Maybe provide an actual source to your claims and then I'd take your posting of "game is dying monthly" seriously.
    I love how you refuse to even acknowledge the other half of what I said proving even further what a failure Legion has become, but w/e. You have multiple people in this thread telling you how ignorant you are, so glhf with your life.

I'd rather have a WoW 2.0, where they just create a brand new engine/new everything, but we're still paying for the "same" game.

Actually calling it "World of Warcraft 2" is just stupid, IMHO.

WoW desperately needs a new engine. Not for better visuals, I think the game looks fine as it is, but good god, it's long in the tooth for what it is, and not exactly optimized for modern computers, especially modern CPU's, as it could be.

Kind of like Realm Reborn, only not because the original sucks.

World of Warcraft: Catchy Subtitle Here

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I love how you refuse to even acknowledge the other half of what I said proving even further what a failure Legion has become, but w/e. You have multiple people in this thread telling you how ignorant you are, so glhf with your life.
    So no actual argument now other than calling me ignorant because I called your source an unreliable one due to the activity data not being updated for a while?

Yeah thanks for proving you have nothing to discuss. I'll just stop responding from now since this is just going off topic.

Feel free to PM me with some evidence that WoW is dying though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I'd rather have a WoW 2.0, where they just create a brand new engine/new everything, but we're still paying for the "same" game.

Actually calling it "World of Warcraft 2" is just stupid, IMHO.

WoW desperately needs a new engine. Not for better visuals, I think the game looks fine as it is, but good god, it's long in the tooth for what it is, and not exactly optimized for modern computers, especially modern CPU's, as it could be.

Kind of like Realm Reborn, only not because the original sucks.

World of Warcraft: Catchy Subtitle Here
    I'd second this. Don't tear down the original game fully but let 2.0 continue it with a brand new engine and whatnot.

Deleted
    I would LOVE it!

I'd think they lost their shit. There's no point to a sequel to an MMO while the original is still running strong.

I just want a new engine

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'd think they lost their shit. There's no point to a sequel to an MMO while the original is still running strong.
    This. Maybe in 10 years they will consider it but not now.