View Poll Results: Kid Rock for Michigan Senate?

Voters
45. This poll is closed
  • NO

13 28.89%
  • YEAH!

7 15.56%
  • Great another idiot?

18 40.00%
  • Who's Kid Rock?

7 15.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah too bad Kid Rock can't be elected to be your brain surgeon. Seriously its not an opinion it's a fact the guy has no qualifications and the guy doesn't even have the qualifications of a comedian a former pro wrestler or Trump that's a pretty low bar.
    And yet he still has the right to run. It's not up to you whether he wins or not. Not in the slightest.

It's up to the voters of Michigan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Required qualifications to be President.

1. be a natural born U.S. citizen. Someone may be born abroad, but only if both parents were citizens of the United States.
    2. be at least 35 years of age.
    3. have lived in the United States for at least 14 years to be president. This does not have to be consecutive or even the 14 years leading up to becoming president.

that's it. Not saying it would be a good idea, but he is qualified.
    He's qualified to run. It's up to Michigan to decide if he is qualified. And unless the drinking water has done more damage than anyone knew there is no way he gets elected. I'm prepared to be wrong though lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    And yet he still has the right to run. It's not up to you whether he wins or not. Not in the slightest.

It's up to the voters of Michigan.
    His right to run =/= qualified he and Michigan will find out painfully why not.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

You're missing he has to be elected. And as I said he's no qualified.
    Him getting elected, and him being qualified to run for a senator are two different topics. Frankly, I don't care about his credentials, and if people decide to vote for him or not. He can get elcted or not, it's beside the point. But he is qualified to run for the position as he meets all neccesary conditions set forth for the postion of a senator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorn View Post
    I hope he wins if only to see the massive ass hurt from the left.
    You'd jump off a bridge and force the investigators to close it, just to "anger" the "left".

So this is how it all ends.

Sure! Why not. Trumpkins voted for an Orange Turd.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah too bad Kid Rock can't be elected to be your brain surgeon. Seriously its not an opinion it's a fact the guy has no qualifications and the guy doesn't even have the qualifications of a comedian a former pro wrestler or Trump that's a pretty low bar.

- - - Updated - - -

You're missing he has to be elected. And as I said he's no qualified.
    Umm with the two party political system all you need is to get nominated for one of the parties. Guess which party loves electing unqualified celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Him getting elected, and him being qualified to run for a senator are two different topics. Frankly, I don't care about his credentials, and if people decide to vote for him or not. He can get elcted or not, it's beside the point. But he is qualified to run for the position as he meets all necessary conditions set forth for the postion of a senator.
    There's a difference between being qualified (ie: meets the minimum requirements/criteria) and qualified (ie: has relevant experience or knowledge to the job/task). There's a lot of jobs out there that I'm technically qualified to do but I shouldn't because my knowledge/work experience/area of expertise aren't applicable to those jobs. Could I do them, maybe even passably enough to not get fired? Maybe, but there are far more qualified individuals to those positions.

Same situation here, especially when comparing Kid Rock to Al Franken. Yes, they're both technically qualified for the position of Senator, but one of them (Franken holding a bachelor's in a relevant field of study from Harvard) is far more qualified for the role of Senator than the other.

Honestly, he does a lot of stuff for Michigan I get that on the surface his persona can come off as fairly ridiculous but he's put a lot of his own money into supporting arts and education in the State. IMO he seems to fall into a sort of progressive/libertarian category.

However, it seems very likely that Stabenow will carry a fourth term as she has won by an increasing margin every cycle so I don't think people need to worry that much.
    Last edited by Foaming Clean; 2017-07-15 at 05:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what other qualifications does some need?

Kid Rock looks like shit for 46.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    There's a difference between being qualified (ie: meets the minimum requirements/criteria) and qualified (ie: has relevant experience or knowledge to the job/task). There's a lot of jobs out there that I'm technically qualified to do but I shouldn't because my knowledge/work experience/area of expertise aren't applicable to those jobs. Could I do them, maybe even passably enough to not get fired? Maybe, but there are far more qualified individuals to those positions.

Same situation here, especially when comparing Kid Rock to Al Franken. Yes, they're both technically qualified for the position of Senator, but one of them (Franken holding a bachelor's in a relevant field of study from Harvard) is far more qualified for the role of Senator than the other.
    This is the beauty or the downfall of democratic system, you can pick whichever suits you best. Equal opportunity to represent your fellow citizens is not dependant on your experience, gender, race, religion or any other crietrion aside from the most broad ones. Technocrats are not just given the position because they are better suited for it. They have to earn the people's trust in order to represent them. So what democracy boils down to is a popularity contest. One that gets more people to vote for him, wins. The fact they are a carrer politician, a rock singer, a bilionare businessman, actor, doctor, or anything else doesn't matter at all.

Let the people pick their own poison. They'll be the ones who'll have to live with it. What makes you think that some technocrat or career politician will be better at governing than a rock star? Just because of his education? We've got plenty of politicians with relevant education, and people seem to be the happiest when those leeches do nothing, because it is then that they do the least damage.

So, can someone explain to me why he shouldn't run for the Senate if he wants to? Is there some list of requirements out there, and he doesn't fit, or is it just personal taste?
    He can run, nobody is saying he shouldn't be able to.

But guess what? We can all make fun of him if we like.

- - - Updated - - -

Let the people pick their own poison. They'll be the ones who'll have to live with it. What makes you think that some technocrat or career politician will be better at governing than a rock star? Just because of his education? We've got plenty of politicians with relevant education, and people seem to be the happiest when those leeches do nothing, because it is then that they do the least damage.
    Yes. This is the sort of reasoning people used to justify picking Trump, and they've all got egg on their faces from the fact that we're more than half a year in with no major accomplishments whatsoever, and the only major legislation on the horizon is almost universally hated by the electorate.

As it turns out, people with relevant education and relevant experience are less likely to be utterly terrible at a job. Which should surprise nobody, but apparently does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    He can run, nobody is saying he shouldn't be able to.

But guess what? We can all make fun of him if we like.
    I completely agree. You can make all the fun of him that you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Yes. This is the sort of reasoning people used to justify picking Trump, and they've all got egg on their faces from the fact that we're more than half a year in with no major accomplishments whatsoever, and the only major legislation on the horizon is almost universally hated by the electorate.

As it turns out, people with relevant education and relevant experience are less likely to be utterly terrible at a job. Which should surprise nobody, but apparently does.
    Democracy at work. The people have spoken. It is both a gift and a curse. If it's any consolation, according to Plato, it could get worse. You could live under tyranny.

Democracy at work. The people have spoken. It is both a gift and a curse. If it's any consolation, according to Plato, it could get worse. You could live under tyranny.
    This isn't actually a response to what I wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

This is the beauty or the downfall of democratic system, you can pick whichever suits you best. Equal opportunity to represent your fellow citizens is not dependant on your experience, gender, race, religion or any other crietrion aside from the most broad ones. Technocrats are not just given the position because they are better suited for it. They have to earn the people's trust in order to represent them. So what democracy boils down to is a popularity contest. One that gets more people to vote for him, wins. The fact they are a carrer politician, a rock singer, a bilionare businessman, actor, doctor, or anything else doesn't matter at all.

Experience, education, demeanor, what opinions he has voiced on topics relevant to a Senator, those are what makes me think that he would be worse.

Yes, it's a popularity contest, yet that doesn't mean that people can't, nor that they should not, call out people who are grossly unqualified for the role. It's not letting the people pick their own poison if a minority of the people can pick the poison that affects everyone. Just because that's the system we are in doesn't mean we should just throw our hands up on go, "whelp, it could be worse! At least we're not living in North Korea!" Telling someone whose starving that it could be worse because they could be in slavery really doesn't change the fact that they're still starving and have every right to complain about the fact.

This is especially true given the fact that it's not about getting the most people to vote for them, it's about getting the right people in the right areas to vote for them. If it were a straight up popularity contest then the last six months would have gone very differently.

i think he should run, it'd be a great idea. He could write some music for Trumps 2020 election as well.

Interesting responses in this thread. He meets the requirements to run it seems though.

The only thing that bothers me here is that he has made repeated claims that he wants to fight for the lowest classes, but he is running against the party - and the specific candidate - that is actually doing so, as a member of the party that is actively working against those classes on a daily basis.