Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why am I not surprised police can brutalize and sick dogs on completely innocent people and people will defend them because police can do no wrong. A police officer could go on a shooting rampage killing multiple people and say on television "fuck ya I killed those people in cold blood and I would do it again." These people would still say the police were in the right because the victim "charged" him or "resisted" or whatever they need to say to make the victim the attacker.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    You can still breathe. That's why no one responds to "I can't breathe" might as well say " I'm drowning" or something else that actually isn't occurring.
    Having enough air to make your larynx vibrate and having enough air to maintain consciousness are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Well then the dispatcher should have given them some useful info instead.

Also when they were close to her and spoke to her I assume they could tell she wasn't male.
    Did you just assume their pronoun?

Voice doesn't mean anything. People get called the opposite gender all the time. Nice try though.

I just love after they fucked her up like crazy despite not looking anything like the suspect, they still have the audacity to then claim she flipped an officer over and attacked them, charging her with two crimes.

They'll get away with it and nothing will happen. Maybe a small settlement that won't cost the state a thing. And then in a week or so it'll happen again.

And police wonder why virtually nobody outside of a rich white bubble respects the institution. The fetishization of the police and military in this country is such an utter disgrace. It'll take one of these white knights for this to happen to them before they'll ever stop their gross defending of literally every kind of abuse from the police.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-15 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post

Voice doesn't mean anything. People get called the opposite gender all the time. Nice try though.
    "Excuse me, there was a robbery near bye and the suspect was carrying a backpack. We don't mean to inconvenience you, we just need to make sure, then we can all be on our way." She didn't run away or try to pull out a weapon from her bag, there is no reason to act aggresively towards her. It doesnt matter what she looks like, or sounds like. Your innocent until proven otherwise. The whole thing could have been avoided if the police acted less like wannabe move stars trying to make a big bust, and more like men just trying to do their duty.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shaved head and goatee?? C'mon guys, pay attention to detail.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The other thing I don't understand is why the burden seems to always be on the "civilian" (police are civies too, technically) to handle the situation 100% calmly, respectfully, appropriately, whatever rather than the trained professionals.Even if she wasn't fully compliant, they escalated the thing from the word go and then let a dog loose on a person who, up till then, was 100% innocent according to *both* stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
    "Excuse me, there was a robbery near bye and the suspect was carrying a backpack. We don't mean to inconvenience you, we just need to make sure, then we can all be on our way." She didn't run away or try to pull out a weapon from her bag, there is no reason to act aggresively towards her. It doesnt matter what she looks like, or sounds like. Your innocent until proven otherwise. The whole thing could have been avoided if the police acted less like wannabe move stars trying to make a big bust, and more like men just trying to do their duty.
    Oh I'm not saying they did or they didn't lol

Just thought it was was funny with the whole "looks one way, is another" gender assumptions and what not. Like a voice matters lol. We're rapidly moving to a society where sexual consent forms and asking people what their pronouns are is going to be standard procedure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Shaved head and goatee?? C'mon guys, pay attention to detail.
    They didn't have that information till after the fact

C'mon guy, pay attention to detail.

Oh I'm not saying they did or they didn't lol

Just thought it was was funny with the whole "looks one way, is another" gender assumptions and what not. Like a voice matters lol. We're rapidly moving to a society where sexual consent forms and asking people what their pronouns are is going to be standard procedure.
    Well, in those terms, yeah i agree. While i'm defending the victim, I do believe the race card shouldnt be involved here, and can see the gender confusion even though, from the video clip, I would guess girl if i was within 10 feet and listening to her talk. Could the cops have been racially motivated here? Yes. Do we know this? Not given any of the evidence we have. They where looking for a black male per description. She was a black, and looked male. So i can't fault for them approaching her. It was all of the other actions towards her that bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    Bring back the flamethrower, why not? Damn savages are going to torch their own neighborhoods eventually anyway when they riot, right? You said it yourself. They're thugs not people. If they were civilized people like us they wouldn't keep making us kill them all the time.

The irony of all your effort to dehumanize your perceived enemy while justifying the use of inhumane methods against them.
    Your head.
    Perceived enemy eh? Someone really is out of touch with reality. Im not sure what nonsense you feel is inhumane but those i refer to as thugs not only earn the title but embrace it proudly. They dont share any semblance of values or morals like most of us. Theyre really less my enemy than societies. They dont victimize me.

the truth of this story is probably right in between the two accounts. Still the detainment had nothing to do with racism, they had a very limited profile. The police likely made an immediate safe vrs sorry call to quickly check a vague profile match, and instead of calmly and politely explaining she was in fact a girl and allowing the officer to check the bag she panicked under the stress of being held at gunpoint became uncooperative and inadvertantly or intentionally knocked the second cop to the ground. At that point profile be damned your acting extremely guilty, they know the supposed weapon could very likely be in the bag (both unzipped and close at hand in both accounts) it's full arrest and self preservation time.

The method of detainment was too extreme, but even low physical low weight kicks delivered with adrenaline can savagely injure (she looks pretty fit and obviously bikes lending more force to her kicks).
    Last edited by reokotsae; 2017-07-15 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I didn't say you had to bang on guess her exact weight...just that you'd be able to tell that someone her size is not 170 lbs.
    might have actually helped if they had been given a height/weight description before they encountered this person... Dont you think?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I get called "ma'am" in person quite a lot...while people are looking dead at me.

I get it. I have a feminine voice. It doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    might have actually helped if they had been given a height/weight description before they encountered this person... Dont you think?
    Sure...but the OP doesn't mention anything about that. I was just going off of the information presented there.

Regardless, the guy was saying he wouldn't be able to tell that the girl was 170 pounds and I call bullshit on that.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a woman wants to look like a man then the woman should not be offended when mistaken for a man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Theyre really less my enemy than societies. They dont victimize me.
    Uh oh... I uh... I um... I didn't realize you were some kind of badass. You'd set a dog on a young woman or a cripple and are unwilling to rule out the potential use of flamethrowers on American citizens, but she's the one without any semblance of values or morals. Got it. Swell talk.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2017-07-15 at 06:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Sure...but the OP doesn't mention anything about that. I was just going off of the information presented there.

Regardless, the guy was saying he wouldn't be able to tell that the girl was 170 pounds and I call bullshit on that.
    Herein is the reason we should get as much information about a situation before trying to judge anyone involved... I read the article... I even read the police report. There are those that would prejudge the officers because of 'reasons' but we expect the officers not to prejudge anyone. Seems a bit dishonest on those prejudging the officers. (No, I'm not saying you are guilty of that).

If the officers are supposed to give everyone the benefit of the doubt on their innocence, then I believe the officers deserve that same consideration. Therefore, I believe we should get as much if not all of the information available. Unless I am reading the police report incorrectly the officers that responded to the robbery are not the same officers that encountered the girl. And the reports of the officers that encountered the girl tell a different story than what is being peddled by the cop haters in this thread.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't have that information till after the fact

C'mon guy, pay attention to detail.
    "Black male in a white shirt" describes easily 1/4th of Bakersfield's population and that's assuming you don't "mistake" any darker-than-average Mexicans or South Asians, then it's more like 1/2.

Not much of an alert if it can literally describe almost half the people in Kern County.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Still though, what with all these people claiming they said they can't breathe. If you can say you can't breathe, guess what you can do, breathe.
    Whats with all these people claiming they know about human biology when they clearly do not? AKA you.

What I think you should do is go and take some biology classes, perhaps talk to a GP or other type of doctor and learn about how the human airway works because you quite clearly have no idea. Oh, and in case it wasn't totally obvious - *YES YOU CAN BE IMPAIRED FROM BREATHING AND STILL BE ABLE TO TALK, YOU CAN EVEN BE ABLE TO TALK WHILST SLOWLY DYING FROM A LACK OF OXYGEN FROM RESTRICTED BREATHING*.

Please, at least try and educate yourself on matters before just spewing shit through your computer based on ignorance.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was driving home from work one day and missed the street I was supposed to turn down so I pulled into a nearby parking lot to turn around. Shortly after, a cop was behind me with his lights on wanting me to pull over. Let me tell you, those cops were complete assholes to me. There were 3 cop cars there. They asked me where I was coming from, where I was going, all the usual stuff so I explained that I was just leaving a 13 hour shift at work and was now going home. Apparently, the parking lot that I turned around in, they said a guy was just shot and killed in that building and I was the first person seen leaving the area. They tore my car apart searching for whatever they were looking for. They searched my body as well. They mocked my "official ID badge" from work and kept using condescending tones with me. They held me there for a good 45-60 mins before finally telling me I was free to go. During my drive home, one cop followed me most of the way. Innocent until proven guilty? Not in their eyes.