Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please no... If we get High Elves on Alliance just give us regular High Elves, or Half-Elves as a human subrace.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Only if the Horse get fel Gnolls
    If they die do they have to be beaten by a stick repeatedly? Do they get ridden by their mounts? Do they only eat hay?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish people would grasping at straws...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Khadgar *does* have Atiesh, as he both claims it is Medivh's staff and he uses abilities only it can confer (e.g. the shapeshifted form of a raven). Since both the quest and event to claim Atiesh were removed from the game with WotLK, the copies possessed by other players who completed the quests in Classic or TBC would be rendered effectively non-canonical. Not sure about Corrupted Ashbringer (the one that drops from the original Naxx-40), but the Artifact given to PC's by Tirion in Legion is the actual Ashbringer sword.
    I know they do. I was mocking the claim that somehow a major lore character like Liadrin got a sword that looks like Quel'delar but it not being it because reasons. When Blizzard obviously put the skin of the blade on her because of her position in Sin'dorei society and stating "oh it really isn't the Quel'delar, we just chose this skin cause reasons." is a crazy viewpoint too.

If it was random npc 19056902732 who had the skin they'd have an argument that it isn't the real blade. But a named major character who is essentially as important as Halduron if not more so points to it being the real blade.

Why not another neutral race? I mean there's only one right now. It would be fitting, considering Alleria could potentially side with either Alliance or Horde... And maybe the population of her followers also have disagreement like her -- join their own people on the Horde, or stay with the Alliance who've they've always been acquainted with?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But it made a lot of sense: The Alliance betrayed them, again.
    And you also forget that the Alliance is completely different. Different kingdoms, different people.
    I'm not saying it made sense to have them rejoin the Alliance. I'm saying it made less sense to have them join the Horde.

Yes. The Alliance betrayed them. Specifically the humans from the kingdom of Lordaeron. The Blood Elves had every reason to leave the Alliance.

Couple things though.

Blood Elves are or at least were High Elves. They changed their name to Sin'dorei or Blood Elves to honor those lost in the third war. Which brings me to my next point about High Elves and the conflict they have with the Horde races.

High Elves have been at war off and on with trolls for THOUSANDS of years. See Troll Wars.
    Orcs were essentially at war with EVERYONE when they came through the Dark Portal until after the second war. See Blood Curse.
    Undead were literally the faction that rampaged through Quel'thalas and ultimately caused the destruction of the Sunwell. See Third War.
    Tauren. Honestly I don't recall any real interaction between them. Maybe they've always been secretly besties.

As to your second point about the modern alliance 'being different people and different kingdoms'... You are absolutely right. One large point being Lordaeron vs Stormwind.

The kingdom of the 'Old Alliance' that betrayed them was Lordaeron. The kingdom that they would be joining in the TBC era is Stormwind. Totally different kingdom, with totally different people. That makes more of an argument to join the Alliance since it's in no way connected to the old one. That being said - The Blood Elves / High Elves were never really the forgiving type. They have also always been largely Xenophobic. Two more reasons I see them letting by-gones be by-gones as far as the horde races are concerned largely unbelievable.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    I'm not saying it made sense to have them rejoin the Alliance. I'm saying it made less sense to have them join the Horde.

Yes. The Alliance betrayed them. Specifically the humans from the kingdom of Lordaeron. The Blood Elves had every reason to leave the Alliance.

Couple things though.

Blood Elves are or at least were High Elves. They changed their name to Sin'dorei or Blood Elves to honor those lost in the third war. Which brings me to my next point about High Elves and the conflict they have with the Horde races.

High Elves have been at war off and on with trolls for THOUSANDS of years. See Troll Wars.
    Orcs were essentially at war with EVERYONE when they came through the Dark Portal until after the second war. See Blood Curse.
    Undead were literally the faction that rampaged through Quel'thalas and ultimately caused the destruction of the Sunwell. See Third War.
    Tauren. Honestly I don't recall any real interaction between them. Maybe they've always been secretly besties.

As to your second point about the modern alliance 'being different people and different kingdoms'... You are absolutely right. One large point being Lordaeron vs Stormwind.

The kingdom of the 'Old Alliance' that betrayed them was Lordaeron. The kingdom that they would be joining in the TBC era is Stormwind. Totally different kingdom, with totally different people. That makes more of an argument to join the Alliance since it's in no way connected to the old one. That being said - The Blood Elves / High Elves were never really the forgiving type. They have also always been largely Xenophobic. Two more reasons I see them letting by-gones be by-gones as far as the horde races are concerned largely unbelievable.
    The "New" alliance betrayed them too, the blood elf starting Area. That alone makes them hate them just as much as they would Garithos.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The "New" alliance betrayed them too, the blood elf starting Area. That alone makes them hate them just as much as they would Garithos.
    True, but that was story added after the fact. Or at least story added for it to make more sense and to support them joining the Horde. They could have done that with either faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Please no... If we get High Elves on Alliance just give us regular High Elves, or Half-Elves as a human subrace.
    I think half-elves are the closest thing to high elves I can imagine the Alliance getting. If Blizz did introduce half-elves as a subrace/race, I'd want at least some basic eye/ear/face customization options like being able to choose between human eyes, high elf eyes or something in-between where the pupils and iris are glowing or having ears ranging from almost human, an intermediary or almost elven.

There's really a lot of potential for half-breed customization. Same applies to Mok'Nathal (a potential orc counterpart to half-elves), since there are orcs and ogres within the clan coexisting with half-ogres, you could have options that allow you to almost look like a slightly buffer, tan or brown orc to a small, slim orc-like ogre.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will not happend for obvious reason.

If High Elves no matter if void or not... Horde must get at least Nightborne, and then where you will put thier starting zones? Unless it would be an heroic playable races.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You mean like the Dranei or the worgen? Yeah... that is not the reason why.
    Yes, because half the population of a kingdom (Worgen) or an exile group of an entire planet (Draenei) is the same as a sub faction of an nearly extint splinter faction. Clearly the same.

It's pure maths, there aren't enough high elves around to justify a subfaction of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    With Amani Trolls, not Gurubashi Trolls. Big difference right there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I can totally see it
    On ptr, Alleria becomes the first high elf to embrace void magic by siphoning the very essence of a fallen Naaru, and she ends up mastering its powers.
    I think there's a good probability she will teach her newly acquired knowledge to the remaining Allerian elves of Argus and Outland the way Illidan did to Blood elves (Yep Thalassian rangers who followed Alleria during WII are on Argus too : http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=121559/high-elf-ranger) but also to her sister Vereesa who in turn, will bring what she learnt to the High elves of Azeroth, thus creating a new lore and unlocking High elves as a playable race for the Alliance.

From this way, the high elves would finally become interesting counterparts to blood elves instead of just being Alliance-loyal blood elves.

Blood elves would draw their power from the light of a Naaru, while High elves would do it from a dead one.

Void High elves would be a darkened elf race with a mix of thalassian culture and void magic style. Instead of just having generic classes, they could bring to the Alliance some interesting classes combinations such as Void paladin, void cleric and void magister. And it would really fit the upcoming expansion based upon the rise of the old gods !

What are your thoughts ?

(found on Scrolls of lore) datamined stuff from 7.3

Stop trying to have more ELVES happen, we've had enough elves seriously.

I hope this is specific to Alleria and maybe a few chosen elves, and otherwise this to me seems like an attempt for her to become the Kerrigan of WoW... "I will destroy the void, fighting fire with fire yada yada" god... I wasn't far off with Illidan becoming the Kerrigan of WoW, but Alleria now fits It more with this bullship.

Also, do you even elf bro? High elves are the -original- elves, they weren't blood elves -first- so they're not Alliance-loyal blood elves, do you even lore?

Don't change high elves, they're fine as they are, beautiful majestic blue beautiful (Did I say that already?) creatures of Azeroth. Stop trying to change elves Into elf 7.0 or elf 5616.0 we've already gotten 2 versions of elves In Broken Shore, don't need more.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    We already have high elves. They're the blood elves.

Horde has them. Deal with it.
    And without them..the Horde is a fraction without player, look Classic WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I really dont understand how some people still can't get over the fact that burning crusade was 7 years ago.
    to be fair i blame blizzard for this. blizzard still treats high elves seperately and high elves as a whole get more alliance screen time then alot of races playable get.

in tbc, the same expansion that introduced playable blood elves, the alliance has questing areas with high elves who remain alliance

in wrath the alliance faction in dalaran are high elves, theres no reason it couldnt have been human mages but they created a faction of high elves, we then go on to hang out with that faction even more in the argent tournament

in cata theres not a whole lot that i remember outside of zones that had them in vanilla anyways aside from vereesa showing up for the troll patch

in mists we again have the high elves versus the blood elves as an alliance plot point and faction, im pretty sure vereesa gets more fucking screentime than aysa cloudsinger got in the pandarens own fucking expansion

wod doesnt have any if i recall

then legion, once again has high elves alongside alliance granted its much less than in wotlk however they boost it up again in 7.3 with alleria and her followers

but thats still 4 expansions out of 6 where alliance players are forced to interact with a faction that is part of theirs but unplayable. blizzard has just as much to blame, especially when asked in an interview about subraces they mentioned high elves alongside brown orcs as something they knew players wanted.

notice how people dont mention hozen and jinyu, arrakoa, ect nearly as much outside of their time in the spotlight? maybe if blizzard didnt constantly show alliance factioned high elves the alliance would stop wanting them or atleast want something more than they want them. its pretty clear atleast some people at blizzard want them to join the alliance otherwise they would write and create things that dont involve them.

imo had high elves pretty much ceased to exist after tbc introduced blood elves there would be like 10% as many requests if that
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think this is more likely to be a new spec for hunters than a new race, bear in mind that the elf tapping into this ability is a master hunter, the marksman artifact is even her bow! That coupled with the absolutely minimal amount of players currently playing Survival leads me to believe that this might be a foreshadowing for a revamp.

It should also be added that Marksman hunters had a talent called Dark Ranger in the Legion alpha, which was shadow based damage. It's interesting that this was cut, as it was one of the nicer final tier talents in terms of look and class fantasy. Then again perhaps I'm grapsing at straws in the vein hope that Hunters will have 3 specs that are worth using again! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But it made a lot of sense: The Alliance betrayed them, again.
    And you also forget that the Alliance is completely different. Different kingdoms, different people.

Except the first is just a trained Night Elf, the second one hardly exists.
    So both are the same, both hardly exist.

Deleted
    It's like people who want High Elves just got done watching Lord of The Rings or The Hobbit and are coming into the WoW lore for the first time in their lives.
    Look'ere, kids. Blood Elves are High Elves, High Elves are Blood Elves. Why are they not named the same thing? Because most of the High Elf population was slaughtered by Arthas and The Scourge. Slaughter gives a loooot of blood, children, hence the name Blood Elves. It is merely a name they took out of respect for their fallen kinsmen. And let me just add that the High Elves and the Alliance did not have the best relations after WCII, which WCIII certainly did not improve.

Their addiction to Fel, which has its root in their addiction to magic, is why their eyes are now green instead of blue. That's really the only difference between them, their eye colour.

So I'd say it's about time you stop asking for playable High Elves. You already have them. If you want to play a High Elf go Horde or turn off your computer and shut your mouth. Thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yes, because half the population of a kingdom (Worgen) or an exile group of an entire planet (Draenei) is the same as a sub faction of an nearly extint splinter faction. Clearly the same.

It's pure maths, there aren't enough high elves around to justify a subfaction of them.

- - - Updated - - -

With Amani Trolls, not Gurubashi Trolls. Big difference right there.
    The dranei are a very small faction of the eredar. They got slaughtered on draenor aswell. The exodar where they landed is one single ship. How many people do you think they coud cram in there?

Same for the worgen, most gilneans died or are still cursed. Only a few got helped by the night elves before escaping.

So, yes... it's pretty similar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The dranei are a very small faction of the eredar. They got slaughtered on draenor aswell. The exodar where they landed is one single ship. How many people do you think they coud cram in there?

Same for the worgen, most gilneans died or are still cursed. Only a few got helped by the night elves before escaping.

So, yes... it's pretty similar.
    Nope, still not the same, because the OP was a very clear, it would be a playable race built upon a subfaction of a ranger battalion. Not thousands like the surviving Draenei and Gilneas Worgens.

It would be like making a playable race just with the Deadmine Defias.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-07-15 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Nope, still not the same, because the OP was a very clear, it would be a playable race built upon a subfaction of a ranger battalion. Not thousands like the surviving Draenei and Gilneas Worgens.
    I am pretty sure i didn't reply to the OP, but to your statement that high elves were too few to be a playable race. I don't believe that would be the reason for it. I think lore numbers in wow are very abstract.