Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I literally just explained that. If you suddenly shift from performing at a 3k level to performing at a 500 level, you're throwing. That's not "just a bad match".
    Except you gave literally zero logic or automated testing to this process that can account for a string of bad games. You act like it's impossible for someone to perform poorly over the course of a number of games. It's not impossible.

My games are not going good. How do I get my team to coordinate more? My matches aren't going very well, I am a fairly inexperienced player with under 40 hours played. I try to coordinate my team without being aggressive or demanding about it. I don't command individual players. I just state what's happening and how we fix it, suggest we group up, ect. I am not that good personally and so I try to make up for it with coordination but I get a lot of resistance from other players, get flat out ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeezy View Post
    Except you gave literally zero logic or automated testing to this process that can account for a string of bad games. You act like it's impossible for someone to perform poorly over the course of a number of games. It's not impossible.
    We're talking a drop in performance that's extreme and significant, and across multiple matches. Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable saying it's as close to "impossible" as you can get. Sure, they might not be "throwing". Maybe they're just falling-down drunk, or maybe their toddler is playing. It's still grounds for the same response, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game officially hates me again. Feels like I'm back in S2 and 3 again where I just can't fucking buy wins. My stats improve, I get better but it's not enough to translate into anything whatsoever. I was 40SR off Plat 2 weeks ago, now I'm 70SR off Silver. I gain more SR from wins than I lose from losses, but wins are in such short supply, I've gone from a 55% win rate to 47%. I thought I'd started to turn a corner, but that lasted 2 days, I'm just backsliding now and I don't even know where to begin to try to turn it around.

Think I can put the marker down at where the buffed Reaper, it's weird he's massive and obvious and massively dangerous, but he's ignored as much as Pharah and Tracer by DPS to take down. I guess because he doesn't come after them.

Personally I think they need to start teaching a class in school on internet use covering 2 main points, 1. How to behave on the internet and 2. How to not be gullible on the internet which includes how to spot scams, how to know a fake story and how to not pass around the bullshit fake stories/scams.

An adult male called my 14 year old daughter a cunt the other day because she didn't switch to the toon he wanted her to (she has never played Rheinhardt) and to not play Widow, she got potg with 4 kills and carried their group to victory. She's the kind of snipers I hate to run into.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-07-15 at 01:06 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    The other type is how quick can someone on your team get triggered and swap to a throw pick. I just stick with Zarya and do what I can, since people wnjoy fighting over hanzo (had one game our team threw because 3 hanzo mains fought over hanzo...)
    I know I said people should still generally be able to play what they want in comp, but fuck Hanzo mains. They are the most entitled brats in the game, from what I've encountered.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Hell am i lucky to nearly exclusively playing mystery heroes, if i have a bad game i can point to the dice and move on.

Some games are losses some games are wins and its allways exciting since every hero gets a chance.

From what i read here comp is pure hell in every way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    It's not THAT much of a hell for real. People just try to find excuses for their low ratings and losses. Of course the reason is always the other 5 in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    It's not THAT much of a hell for real. People just try to find excuses for their low ratings and losses. Of course the reason is always the other 5 in the team.
    Tell me, sadly i know a person who gets heated up so much and its allways the others fault.
    But anyways reading this thread is more or less "Troll-Pic" "Thrower" "Meta". Its hillarious on one side and sad on the other.

Im just happy with my preferred mode of choice.
    I seldom see anyone toxic and its so much more interessting playing the wild mix mystery provides.
    True, sometimes you get rather steamrolled but yeah thats the dice, the next game maybe you get all tanks on defence.

First and foremost its a game so fun should be the No. 1 priority it just seems like people think win and fun are not to combine.
    Play meta or die in a fire....instead looking for new metas its just fotm, dive comp actually right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I know I said people should still generally be able to play what they want in comp, but fuck Hanzo mains. They are the most entitled brats in the game, from what I've encountered.
    Had a Hanzo main literally carry their team to a Hanamura attack win inside 3 mins yesterday; like he was the only player on the kill feed. Their team still tilted at them for picking Hanzo. I focused them as Widow for the next 3 rounds and we ended up winning comfortably because he eventually switched, and was a terrible Tracer and Genji.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    I can accept when I play bad or the other team are just better. Those just aren't the matches I'm going to complain or talk about. And it's not like people don't complain when they win and it's a total steam roll because the other side are trying to carry some Bronze guy becaue the MMR and queue restrictions are so weak. Or if there's a leaver on the other side we usually say 'sorry for leaver' because it spoils the game.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-07-15 at 06:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    It's not, people are just taking out their frustrations here so you only really hear all the bad without any of the good. Your experience will differ wildly depending on which rating you're on as well, the higher you manage to climb, the more you will experience maturity, teamwork and communication. I climbed from platinum (which was fairly bad) to Diamond which was a bit better, to master which was much better, to grandmaster which is even better, the difference in people's attitude and willingness to work together is enormous.

If you fear toxic behaviour I'd suggest queueing with a full group, whilst you will for the most part also encounter full groups and it might even be more difficult to win this way unless your team really function well together, at least you will have more fun this way. The game modes in competitive are to me at least a lot more fun than quick play, since you play both sides of every map it feels a lot more fair, and since there are no leavers each game feels much more conclusive.

In the end it depends on what kind of experience you're after, you don't need to play competitive with the goal to climb as high as possible, for as long as you try your best and have fun, it's all good. But if you prefer to just fool around in a mode where your performance doesn't matter, arcade and quick play is better suited for you.

So I did a few games of quick play while taking one thing that was said in this thread into mind: Quick play is mostly for testing out hero's. Yeah that might not be true in every sense of the statement but I tried just picking a hero I wanted to get good at, tried coordinating my team to the best of my abilities, and tried being more social, which resulted in having more sway over the match, so I had more successful games than bad ones today. Even the games that my team and I lost we took pride in how well we did do. So thank you everyone for what you have discussed and mentioned. It has helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Why Am I Here View Post
    So I did a few games of quick play while taking one thing that was said in this thread into mind: Quick play is mostly for testing out hero's. Yeah that might not be true in every sense of the statement but I tried just picking a hero I wanted to get good at, tried coordinating my team to the best of my abilities, and tried being more social, which resulted in having more sway over the match, so I had more successful games than bad ones today. Even the games that my team and I lost we took pride in how well we did do. So thank you everyone for what you have discussed and mentioned. It has helped.
    Nice ! And remember to mute those who want to annihilate your good will by insulting and trolling you. Keep it up !
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    McCree was buffed, his stun grenade leaves a slow after the stun and Zarya grab bomb can't be escaped anymore by movement enhancing abilities.
    I wish the patch notes were more easy to follow, although I don't frequent the Overwatch reddit, do they get posted there usually?

For Zarya's ult, as someone with Zarya and Mercy as my most played for Comp, YES, and also NOOOOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I wish the patch notes were more easy to follow, although I don't frequent the Overwatch reddit, do they get posted there usually?

For Zarya's ult, as someone with Zarya and Mercy as my most played for Comp, YES, and also NOOOOO.
    I don't go to reddit, I mainly watch the youtube overwatch channels for new info as I work long days on weekdays. Your Overwatch tends to be really good about punching out informative videos quickly.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't go to reddit, I mainly watch the youtube overwatch channels for new info as I work long days on weekdays. Your Overwatch tends to be really good about punching out informative videos quickly.
    Call me lame, but there's something about the videos that I just really hate.

Mostly because they end up being 2-3 minutes long for something I could have read in 20 seconds.

My experience with the Reddit is usually the patch notes are there for like, a day, and then they disappear, was asking hoping that they might have changed that more of, but it doesn't seem so. Thanks though!

I'm honestly just getting sick of the garbage matchmaking. There's no reason that someone under lv30 should be paired with people over lv400. The matchmaking system(in any mode) is just trash and needs a complete overhaul, but again this is just Blizzard in general and they've always had garbage matchmaking systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back to Silver. I don't even know anymore. Reapers in every game make it impossible to tank, it just feels such retarded design "counters all tanks" when there's always going to be one or two tanks in a match; then being 100% dependent on your team to save you from him.

So, go DPS and you're at the mercy of suicide Reinhardts and cowards who never push and just have no control over where the match is going. Support is even worse.

Perhaps it said a lot when one of my most comfortable wins was as 5 DPS, no tanks.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-07-15 at 08:47 PM.

On other notes, I think the biggest single issue in the game right now is people throwing matches in Comp. Whether it's because they're trolling, or because they want to drop their rating so they can stomp noobs, it needs to be harshly penalized.
    Has been a problem ever since I started playing comp. Pick hanzo? OMG, repick or I afk. Pick Symmetra? OMG WTF, DONT PICK SYMMETRA I AFK. Pick Torbjorn? Same deal.
    And "MAC ban for Competitive on your Battle.net account" harsh for a second offense.
    You can't actually access someones mac address outside of their network and even if you could, it's easy to change it.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-16 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There is also no reason that someone level 30 should not be paired with people over lvl 400.

Matchmaking does not work based on your level but it does work based on your rating. So, if you have reached 1850 rating, it will match you with other players that have around that rating. Level is completely irrelevant.

Sure, you can now ask the question "How it's irrelevant when it tells how much experience I've got in this game and for how long I have been playing!??!" and while it is true that it can give an idea of how much one is playing the game but it's not really accurate when it comes to your skill level. Because it's quite true that one can do something for so long and still learn nothing.
    25 isn't even enough levels to see all the maps, never mind learn them from both sides. It's very apparent, very quickly when one team has a bunch of <50s, and the other is full of >300s.