Poll: Would two different species be able to coexist?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    What I really mean is subspecies, let me just edit with that word.
    So you'll be happy to list these existing living subspecies of humans?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Reducing global population is easy, just restrict who can and cant have children, require people get government approval and a certificate before having children.

Certain people can barely coexist already.. what makes you think a completely different species could?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Mass deportations into space? Although that seems like it would be amazingly expensive as you would have to set up exo-colonies capable of sustaining billions of humans.
    So you are going to blow countless amounts of money to shoot 3.5 billion people into space so you could add a 2nd species of humanoids to this planet in an attempt for them to coexist?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you'll be happy to list these existing living subspecies of humans?
    Sure but ill probably get infracted.
    European (Specifically the average white person)
    Asian (Theres alot of minor diversity but asians share* very distinct features)
    Africans (Specifically the average black person)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    seems like a bad plan...since you'd have to effectively double the current population in order for the "teams" to be equal. And even if 1 race completely destroyed the other race and lost 50% of its own population in the process...the world would be in the same situation it is now. Assuming the war between the two species didn't make parts of the planet completely uninhabitable.
    It would start like V. They would be all like, "look how awesome these people are..they can help us", so for a while we are all happy and get along while their numbers get bolsted...but after times goes by the little things start adding up until we are at open warfare with each other.

First it's things like the new species doesn't clean the hair out of the comb or they put the the toilet paper roll on so you have to pull from underneath...Also, they'll be just enough different that there will be a 3rd toilet seat position for the new species, and now the "leave it up / put it down" debate is increasing exponentially by a factor of 2. Tensions are at a critical level, and then one dude with a ill-timed muscle spasm pulls the trigger and fires the shot heard round the world, and it's all downhill from there (or uphill if you are anti-over-population).

10+ Year Old Account
    Reducing global population is easy, just restrict who can and cant have children, require people get government approval and a certificate before having children.
    Dont you have enough people already that are screaming 'but ma human rights are being stomped on'... and you are going to try and legislate who can have children?

So you are going to blow countless amounts of money to shoot 3.5 billion people into space so you could add a 2nd species of humanoids to this planet in an attempt for them to coexist?
    No, I was responding to the poster's comment about how to get rid of 3.5 billion people.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Mass deportations into space? Although that seems like it would be amazingly expensive as you would have to set up exo-colonies capable of sustaining billions of humans.
    Pinky and the Brain did it with free t-shirts. They tricked the entire population of earth into going to earth 2, by giving a free shirt to everyone who arrived on earth 2...so we see it's possible.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2017-07-15 at 06:39 AM.

Dont you have enough people already that are screaming 'but ma human rights are being stomped on'... and you are going to try and legislate who can have children?
    Why should having children be a human right?
    Your life does not depend on having a baby, you can live a 100% happy life without ever having one.

Deleted
    They are the same species. Stop mixing up racism based on your political agenda with reality. They are not really compatible.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you wont get infracted, the infraction would go to anyone that decided to risk telling you what you are, and you aren't worth the infraction so I wont be telling you.

Your life does not depend on having a baby, you can live a 100% happy life without ever having one.
    I...kinda...like this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    It would start like V. They would be all like, "look how awesome these people are..they can help us", so for a while we are all happy and get along while their numbers get bolsted...but after times goes by the little things start adding up until we are at open warfare with each other.

First it's things like the new species doesn't clean the hair out of the comb or they put the the toilet paper roll on so you have to pull from underneath...Also, they'll be just enough different that there will be a 3rd toilet seat position for the new species, and now the "leave it up / put it down" debate is increasing exponentially by a factor of 2. Tensions are at a critical level, and then one dude with a ill-timed muscle spasm pulls the trigger and fires the shot heard round the world, and it's all downhill from there (or uphill if you are anti-over-population).
    That doesn't address the concern of there having to be ~7 billion people of this new species existing before the numbers would be equal. So there'd be close to 15 billion on Earth before the war even started. Then assuming one species wipes the other out it would have to lose modt of its own population just to get back to the numbers we are at now
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-07-15 at 06:45 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

You should say, "I can live 100% happy life without ever having a baby". I've known people who were very miserable every month that went by with no future baby in sight. I don't think I would be 100% happy without kids. I think I'd at least have a small regret, if not more. But yeah, that's one of those "speak for yourself" type things.

Technically we have. Homo sapiens lived alongside (and bred with!) Neanderthals thousands and thousands of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    That doesn't address the concern of there having to be ~7 billion people of this new species existing before the numbers would be equal. So there'd be close to 15 billion on Earth before the war even started. Then assuming one species wipes the other out it would have to lose at least 50% of its own population just to get back to the levels we are currently at now.
    For sure, that is a valid point. It's the whole step back to take future steps forward deal. With 15 billion folks around, It would start to get really bad, so in addition to the fighting over bathroom accessory cleanliness, toilet paper & seat positions - fighting over scarce resources, required to support human life, would add somewhat to the building tension...just not quite as much as the seat position - that would still be the main thing people are mad enough to kill for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jeleopard View Post
    Technically we have. Homo sapiens lived alongside (and bred with!) Neanderthals thousands and thousands of years ago.
    ...'till we killed them and absorbed their power. Don't forget that part. (often left out of today's history books).

We can barely get along with people who are slightly different in our own species.

Right...because the human reproduction system totally respects governmental approval and certificates.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Unless we get an attitude adjustment I highly doubt it. Humanity has a me first attitude about itself where the majority of humanity thinks the life of rapist, murderer, and/or thief who has only been a drain on society their entire lives is somehow worth more than the life of a member of another species.