View Poll Results: Jedi, Sith or Grey Code?

Voters
164. This poll is closed
  • Jedi

16 9.76%
  • Sith

36 21.95%
  • Grey

112 68.29%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    ?

Dark side Jedi use emotion to guide them.
    Dark Jedi also commune with the dark side of the Force for guidance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jedi, since it's basically Buddhism sans the magic.

?

Light side Jedi use the force to guide them.

Grey Jedi use the force and emotions to guide them.

Dark side Jedi use emotion to guide them.
    same as sith, dark jedi and everyone else outside of jedi/sith relationship

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheatreStyle View Post
    Dark Jedi also commune with the dark side of the Force for guidance.
    I was trying to break it down to the simplest terms I could think of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    same as sith, dark jedi and everyone else outside of jedi/sith relationship

I see no reason to bother talking about this with you anymore. You seem to have your own head canon made up so there is no point.

Also dark Jedi are essentially sith, They follow the same code. Sith are just the original race of dark Jedi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Jedi, since it's basically Buddhism sans the magic.

Isn't buddhism non violent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but reality doesn't always allow for that, unfortunately.

depends on the monks =/ The Sohei weren't exactly peaceful... then again the guy who was leading forces against them called himself the devil effectively.

>.> kind of weird looking at some things in history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Side for life, bitches!

It's the outfits.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    "Grey Jedi" are non-canon... just typical EU bullshit.
    Both the Sith and the Jedi are in the wrong, and they constantly break their own 'code'.
    Quigon Jin was a Grey Jedi. And Mace Windu (since he uses Dark Side against Palpatine) could be classified as a Grey Jedi.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if I lean towards Jedi philosophy but want to use both light and dark side?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Quigon Jin was a Grey Jedi. And Mace Windu (since he uses Dark Side against Palpatine) could be classified as a Grey Jedi.
    Says who? A fan fiction author?

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Sith. Exar Kun type.
    Badly written by Kevin J. Anderson?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Thank you for posting "Grey Code" rather than "Grey Jedi". I can't tell you how much it irks me to read Grey Jedi. That shit makes no sense.
    But code is no better, the Jedi have a code, the Sith do not and the "Grey Jedi" are not even a cohesive movement with any kind of shared ideology.

If that term even has any meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Never been a fan of The Rule of Two, very flawed.
    This sounds like something Trump would say :P

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Isn't there a name for grey force users now?

Bendu or something close to that? Or was that just the creatures name?
    Nothing is really known about it, it appears to be a singular identity but no doubt someone will explore that one day.

The term "Bendu" is from an early draft of Star Wars (or maybe Lucas' notes?) when the Jedi were referred to as the Jedi-Bendu. But I think they've just repurposed the name as they tend to do (eg, Starkiller base).

Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    Pretty sure that "Grey Code" is fanmade bullshit so I'm not counting that as a decision.
    Pretty much, yes.

The best example in any kind of canon is Kreia from KoToR 2, and that's Legends C-canon. And IIRC she's never referred to as "grey Jedi", fans just decided to call her that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Not even remotely in Qui-Gon's case. Windu uses his negative emotions in a very specific controlled way that leaves him always teetering on the brink of succumbing to the Dark Side. But he never did, and it's implied that he is highly unusual in that - all his students for example fell to the Dark Side.

They're more examples of the level of variation within the Jedi.

I just defended prequel trilogy lore... I feel dirty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Says who? A fan fiction author?
    On qui-gon or Mace?

Quote Originally Posted by TheatreStyle View Post
    They could be, or they could be non-participants. Or very uninterested antagonists. However they feel at the moment.
    D&D morality does not apply to Force users in the Star Wars universe. If you think you're balanced between the Light and Dark Sides, you're actually falling to the Dark Side and kidding yourself. Remaining Light Side takes a great deal of personal emotional control. Releasing that control is what falling to the Dark Side is.

Now you may not like that kind of black and white morality or buddhist-like attitude to emotions, but that's how the Star Wars universe works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Not even remotely in Qui-Gon's case. Windu uses his negative emotions in a very specific controlled way that leaves him always teetering on the brink of succumbing to the Dark Side. But he never did, and it's implied that he is highly unusual in that - all his students for example fell to the Dark Side.
    That form remains a dark side favored style that is discouraged or outright banned among jedi... and the usage of channeling one's emotions? What is the first line of the jedi code? I mean that's sort of what people are talking about when utilizing multiple aspects of the force.

Now as for qui-gon... I really don't know his story beyond he went full on darkside and somehow regenerated back in the light in a story that probably isn't canon anymore.

If the force existed, I would try to become a jedi, convert to sith, learn everything both have to tell me and simply work for myself, all 3 "codes" don't match reality, the jedis is the furthest from reality, even the reality of the SW universe it's still detached from reality, and thats why it's so easy for them to convert to sith.

Grey - or sith if I had to pick between jedi or sith.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    That form remains a dark side favored style that is discouraged or outright banned among jedi... and the usage of channeling one's emotions? What is the first line of the jedi code? I mean that's sort of what people are talking about when utilizing multiple aspects of the force.

Now as for qui-gon... I really don't know his story beyond he went full on darkside and somehow regenerated back in the light in a story that probably isn't canon anymore.
    Yes it is discouraged by the Jedi for exactly that reason, it's dangerous and most Jedi who use it fall. But not Windu, who became a senior member of the Council - clearly they trusted him.

So he's sort of a singular case, but he is most certainly light side aligned.

And returning from the Dark Side doesn't make you grey - Luke did in the old EU canon.

The idea of Grey Jedi has always seemed a huge copout to me and I really hope the new movies don't make them canon, though I suspect they will.

The whole point of the Dark Side is that it's supposed to be inexorable. You think you're using it for good, or that you will just use it this once and then stop, or whatever, but you can't. That's how it gets you.

Now if by Grey Jedi you just mean Light Side user who follows a different philosophy than the Jedi, then that's okay, I guess? But trying to find a 'middle road' between light and dark just seems like the ultimate fanfiction wish fulfillment of getting all the advantages of both sides with none of the drawbacks of either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly never understood how the 'grey code' could even exist in the Star Wars universe. I remember finding that one robe in KOTOR (or KOTOR 2? I forget) that required you to be neutral. Made no sense what so ever. Basically one time you save someone, one time you kill someone. Balance. Yeah, because that makes moral sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    "Grey Jedi" are non-canon... just typical EU bullshit.
    Both the Sith and the Jedi are in the wrong, and they constantly break their own 'code'.
    Except the Grey Jedi arc is the main storyline of the new movies? hello? wake up