Poll: Would two different species be able to coexist?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Sure but ill probably get infracted.
    European (Specifically the average white person)
    Asian (Theres alot of minor diversity but asians share* very distinct features)
    Africans (Specifically the average black person)

Europeans

(East) Asians

(Sub-Saharan) Africans

Phenotypically many Southern African populations have traits associated with East Asians like epicanthal/double eyelids and I wouldn't blame anyone for mistaking Saami or even some Finns as coming from somewhere in Asia.

What significantly seperates Southern Italians, Sicilians and Greeks from say North Africans and what significantly seperates Ethiopians like the jeweled woman pictured above from other Semitic people like Arabs and Berbers?

Btw, I feel like I put way too much work into this response...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, even the minuscule differences within our own species is enough to keep racism alive and well, Having measurably different physical and intellectual capabilities, which would be likely between different species, would invite stereotypes and tribalism on an unprecedented scale.
    Even now I can still hear Americans telling me a few brown people will carry off all our women and convert us all to their religion or kill us. What would stop people from saying the same about Neanderthals?

On the other hand I like to think we'd almost had the full set of fantasy races
    going.

Homo Heidelbergensis were just about a meter tall, so they would've totally been Halflings.
    Neanderthals were shorter, but more stockily and strongly built than us, so they'd be Dwarves

Maybe we'll find bones of an Elf-like race eventually. If that's the case, we must employ some scientific wizardry and revive them all. I want Elves, Dwarves and Halflings!

Coexist? Yes. Peacefully, maybe. Without prejudice? Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Completely different skull/skeleton shape, skin color, eye size, mouth size, brain shape and consistency, average heights, intelligence's, major differences in society and social interaction, everything else does not make something a different subspecies?

What is the main factor in neanderthals not being considered modern human then? since none of that stuff matters.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog

Canis lupus familiaris

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatomically_modern_human Here are the anatomical differences between neanderthals and modern humans. All your questions can be answered with a few searches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Definitely, he's probably just trolling. But good work never the less

10+ Year Old Account
    We attack our own species due to the stupidest shit possible, fuck no we couldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    On some locations, yeah. Others? Probably not. Especially not if they also look different.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Only if they put up a good fight.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Only the strongest would survive in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Only if they put up a good fight.

Not a chance. Humanity is fucking retarded.

lol no there would be blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could but they aren't right now and this different race species sub species, is really a fucking stretch by some very desperate racist motherfuckers in search of a scientific reason to justify their hatred for others not ENOUGH like them.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Well, given that we can't coexist with other homo sapiens in peace, I'd say no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Europeans
    Snip

Phenotypically many Southern African populations have traits associated with East Asians like epicanthal/double eyelids and I wouldn't blame anyone for mistaking Saami or even some Finns as coming from somewhere in Asia.

What significantly seperates Southern Italians, Sicilians and Greeks from say North Africans and what significantly seperates Ethiopians like the jeweled woman pictured above from other Semitic people like Arabs and Berbers?

Race is not a static thing, all the photos here, some may or may not be labeled and Identified one way versus another, however IN NATURE we know through evolution that is is FLUID.

Any case made for different races being species could be made of people of the of the same fucking race.

Unless you are telling me these two are exactly the same and they are both labeled WHITE
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Don't see why not.

People are people, as far as I'm concerned, regardless of race or species... I'd hope if intelligent aliens (whom I would consider people) showed up here we would be able to exist peacefully with them too instead of freaking out and going kill crazy at first contact.
    The problem is, while I 100% agree with you, there's a lot of racist and bigoted people in the world. First we need to learn how to understand each other before we can introduce others to the mix.

Nope, there would be a war, and one would wipe out the other.
    Shit, a huge portion of the worlds economy is based on "us vs them"
    The weapon manifactorers of the world would have a field day!
    I've no idea what to write here.

History suggests, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

We already went through that. They were called Neanderthals. We fucked them, then murdered them. It's in our genes and in archeological finds.
    Putin khuliyo

A) Can we fuck them?

B) Are they hot?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Life isn't a comic book.
    Are you sure?

I'd like to see the scientific evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

We can't even coexist with people today, or even life in general.

I'm guessing you saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes back in 2015 and made a poll like this one, then recently you saw War for the Planet of the Apes and was again inspired to make the same poll.