Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The anti link your achievement rant

I am beyond sick and tired of people linking me their achievement for KJ. To me, it is not a reliable way, nor source to actually invite people into an actual (semi decent) Pug in which I make usually. But, of course, a lot of people debate with me trying to say that it is reliable beyond a shadow of doubt. Or better yet they call me a furry since I am on Moon guard USA.

What do you all think I do not want to give a continously drabble and bore anyone who reads this
    Last edited by Barnantinos; 2017-07-15 at 11:38 AM.

You have right that having or not having an achievement is not a symbol of skill, but the people who make their own group have also right to do this - I think that more people who have that achievement know better(statistically) the raid than people who don't.

Its' their group and they can do whatever they want.

Make your own group.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You have right that having or not having an achievement is not a symbol of skill, but the people who make their own group have also right to do this - I think that more people who have that achievement know better(statistically) the raid than people who don't.

Its' their group and they can do whatever they want.

Make your own group.
    He IS the one making the groups
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    if you're pugging then don't get too upset when you find a few idiots in your group. achievement or not it's going to happen often so just roll with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    You have right.
    But its' their group and they can do whatever they want.
    Make your own group.

I do but most people ask why do I turn people down or kick them when they have the achievement, and I feel like I am dealing with asinine people all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Barnantinos View Post
    I do but most people ask why do I turn people down or kick them when they have the achievement, and I feel like I am dealing with asinine people all the time
    You sound like you should take a break from raid leading.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    You sound like you should take a break from raid leading.
    No I just can't deal with some of the modern day raiders.

I am only doing this rant to create public awareness about this ugly thing

7+ Year Old Account
    People just assume that if they meet the requirements that they should automatically get a spot. Sorry doesn't work like that, same with life. Its like applying for a job, sure you might have the minimum requirements, but you're not the only one applying and they will only accept the best of the bunch. Just don't respond to anyone asking why they were not invited or even put them on ignore if they try.

Alright smartass, tell me what else people should do to convince you to take them then ?

OF COURSE achievement are bullshit, but what else do you want them to do ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think you guys are understanding what he's saying. People apply for an invite and link you their achievement. And then don't understand how they could be declined when they linked the achievement. And then they bitch at him that they were declined.

How could you decline me? I'm pro. I linked my achievement. Invite. C'mon I linked the thing! INVITE! ... Stupid furry.

I get it. I agree. Shit sounds obnoxious, demanding, and entitled.

Love the first post that appears to be completely oblivious to the actual topic while also promoting one of the reasons the achievement has little or no merit which is the reason the topic exists to begin with.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2017-07-15 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Alright smartass, tell me what else people should do to convince you to take them then ?

OF COURSE achievement are bullshit, but what else do you want them to do ?
    Calm your moobs there bro. Simply I just take them and then see if they can get the bosses usually around 2 to 3 wipes for me, and for others like Avatar I would say around 5

Quote Originally Posted by Gevoth View Post
    Don't think you guys are understanding what he's saying. People apply for an invite and link you their achievement. And then don't understand how they could be declined when they linked the achievement. And then they bitch at him that they were declined.

How could you decline me? I'm pro. I linked my achievement. Invite. C'mon I linked the thing! INVITE! ... Stupid furry.

I get it. I agree. Shit sounds obnoxious, demanding, and entitled.
    Yes, and or someone who leaves after giving bad tanka 2 tries to fix themselves

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe try communicating outside of the usual ilvl/chieve bs. Ask a few basic questions about bosses and their mechanics if you're suspicious of their capabilities. Some join expecting to one-shot every boss and will leave after the second wipe while others are fine wiping if it means teaching the ones who got carried the last times the safety dance of the boss. You'll have to do some vetting to ensure you've got a raid of like-minded players and if someone doesn't understand why they were declined or sounds iffy tell them to read in the journal or find a guide to listen to/watch and get back to you once their misconceptions are cleared up. If you're still looking for a role they can fill give them a chance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ha, you need my addon
    I've added fake AotC/Cutting Edge Achievements functionality into my LFG addon

However, op, think before doing this.

Half of the people didn't read his post at all...

He is making a group! He doesn't care for the achievement, it doesn't tell him much! Not the other way around that people complain about usually.

It happens because for one poster like this, there are 100 leaders that only care about item level and the achievement, that's why it's so common to "accept" that the achievement means you are good.

Just don't reply, keep going through people with armory and such of impressive feats. Usually people with loads of achievement points/nice consistent feats of strength
    are shown to be capable and good players. Even if those FoS are from previous expansions.

Linking lockouts is nice but don't think there's a marker for heroic sadly and you know, they expire.

Just get the achievement faker or buy AotC and lie your way into groups. It's apparently how people want you do be. I can't get into heroic KJ groups because I don't have AotC but I do link DF and my mage tower challenge achieve (even though assassination is stupid easy to get) cause at least it shows I can do mechanics. I do actually also have the outlaw one which is infinitely harder. That sometimes works for me, other times not so much. Funny to me people would rather take people who bought AotC or faked it then someone who will actively talk to them and provide numerous examples of being a good/geared player.

At the end of the day, there will never be a perfect way to weed out bads before pulling.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Community going to the crap, boost this, link that.

Addons and meme culture doesn't improve things, but only make it worse.

Everyone else seems to be considered "shit" by default, and gone are the days of trust and trial and error...

Also the "be 10-20 itemlevels higher then the loot drops for an invite" is stupid as well. Yes I understand speed runs, but doesn't everyone want the easiest least resistance??

This culture really puts me off any pugging this expansion.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-15 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Community going to the crap, boost this, link that.

Addons and meme culture doesn't improve things, but only make it worse.

Everyone else seems to be considered "shit" by default, and gone are the days of trust and trial and error...

Also the "be 10-20 itemlevels higher then the loot drops for an invite" is stupid as well. Yes I understand speed runs, but doesn't everyone want the easiest least resistance??

This culture really puts me off any pugging this expansion.
    But trial and error sounds horrible for pugs nowadays, I wouldn't want to wipe 3 times on an easy boss just so I can give a random who I've never met and likely will never meet again a chance. If pug leaders were to do that then all the good people in the group would just leave to find a different group.

As for the link X achieve, whenever I lead pugs its always a requirement. It shows they have at least done the fights before even if its on a different character, I wouldn't want to be teaching people the fights in pugs and as every1 knows when you're more experinced with the timings/abilities in a fight you have a lot better performance.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    But trial and error sounds horrible for pugs nowadays, I wouldn't want to wipe 3 times on an easy boss just so I can give a random who I've never met and likely will never meet again a chance. If pug leaders were to do that then all the good people in the group would just leave to find a different group.

As for the link X achieve, whenever I lead pugs its always a requirement. It shows they have at least done the fights before even if its on a different character, I wouldn't want to be teaching people the fights in pugs and as every1 knows when you're more experinced with the timings/abilities in a fight you have a lot better performance.
    Overgearing a fight doesn't really make people learn anything either, that's why so many people still die even in LFR if it happens to have some mechanics that at 1 shot if not soaked/split between multiple people.

Also Achievement boost can be bought all the time, for heroic at least. Overgearing is very apparent in legion and part of the cause of the problem.

So if I want to get into raiding pugs at 900 I need to have cleared it already? On heroic? to get into a group that asks 915+ and achievement.

Yeah that makes sense ?

Make your own doesn't really work for everyone. And guilds don't work either if you can't make certain days.

Eventually the group of people gonna get smaller and smaller as the no-achievement people are basicly outcast.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-15 at 08:44 PM.

Ye true overgearing is a bit of an issue but with the 2 970 legendaries your overall ilevel is massivly inflated, if you at 900 you will likely still need a lot of stuff that drops in normal. Its not like it was in past expansions where you only had maybe 1 overtuned piece.

I get it kinda sucks for the people who feel like they can't win, need achie to get into grps but can't get it. But look at it from the leaders perspective, do you invite 910 people with achivements and experience or a 900 guy who doesnt have. Theres simply no choice, you don't owe anything to anyone so why not take the higher experience people.

I think the best thing people without achievements etc can do is join a grp when its starting, leaders will be eager to get the group going and you might be the only applicant. Once the grp has 10+ ppl in then there is so much choice that without standing out you wont get invited.