Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Don't throw scientific bones to racist dogs

I was at the Lille museum of natural history the other day.
    It's small but one particularity about it is they keep an old display of human skulls that was used by 18th century 'scientists' to allegedly demonstrate how human belonged to different races with various traits and cranial features.

There was a lot of sciencey-sounding jargon that doesn't really make sense outside of rural Alabama today but must have been very convincing at the time.

It got me thinking about people that complain about so called sjw and how you can't act without intense scrutiny nowadays.
    Because right before my eyes, lied the remains of an era where everyone could claim anything masqueraded as scientific and it would be used to justify and rationalize the worst crimes in history.

These tiny, minuscule pieces of pseudoscience are doing immense damage today because we didn't have groups like black live matters or aclu to provide the needed constructive criticism of these studies' methodology.

We need to emphasize the considerable amount of power held by anyone able to call himself a scientist, because any bone of misinterpreted evidence of his part will push the racist dogs into frenzy

Don't throw scientific bones to racist dogs

Deleted
    So... racial anthropology is the precursor to gender studies?

Woah, leave the dogs out of this mister.

FWIW, the first 5 minutes of every episode of "Bones" feature the title character, based on a real person who did that sort of work, being able to make exactly those kinds of distinctions, including race, based on skeletal features. It's possible that is actually just a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    FWIW, the first 5 minutes of every episode of "Bones" feature the title character, based on a real person who did that sort of work, being able to make exactly those kinds of distinctions, including race, based on skeletal features. It's possible that is actually just a thing.
    I doubt the bones guy predicts IQ and character traits and ties them to race in the show

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry. The scientific community vilifies every study with politically incorrect outcome, even if it's correct.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-07-15 at 12:12 PM.

it's science. your feels don't mean shit.

people are, at least on a biological level, different. men and women are different. this is a fact of life.

this doesn't have to say anything about a person's worth as a person or whether they're somehow lesser than another person in value. you're the one bringing that kind of shit into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Don't worry. The scientific community vilifies every study with politically incorrect outcome, even if it's correct.
    Studies are not supposed to come with political implications

Maybe that's why those get vilified

What are you trying to say? The brain anatomy differs in various races, that is a scientific fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post

Maybe that's why those get vilified
    Implcations are conclusions that can be drawn from something although it is not explicitly stated. Key word here: drawn. If you want to drawn political implications from something then that's on you and the likes of you. You cant have someone else responsible for your own thought processes. That's just as stupid as women who hold grudges against their men because they had a nightmare where he cheated on her.

Exactly how bad a troll do you have to be to post that rant while sporting an image of Pepe the frog on a soviet flag background? If you are going to do pointless troll threads, at least make an effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    They don't, certain groups might intrepret them politically.

we're in a fucking scary situation when both the left and right want to censor science they don't agree with.

even with this multiple gender shit i don't believe for a minute, i don't want it censored.

Dogs are something positive. If you're going to refer to racists as some sort of animal, refer to them as ticks or tape worms or something...

we didn't have groups like black live matters or aclu to provide the needed constructive criticism of these studies' methodology.

Should I bite the hook?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

These tiny, minuscule pieces of pseudoscience are doing immense damage today because we didn't have groups like black live matters or aclu to provide the needed constructive criticism of these studies' methodology.
    I just got up and I don't think I am going to see anyone say anything funnier than this today. Possibly all weekend.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most people have a price. Even scientists. Hand them enough money and they will parrot your speech with scientific evidence backing it up. Getting it peer reviewed and accepted as solid science is just not possible without a concerted willfully dishonest effort thankfully. It doesn't stop them from trying and continue to squeeze the benefit of the doubt they sow into profit one way or another. Censorship just like any bans doesn't help as much as they perpetuate the problem.
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
    “Who is more to be pitied, a writer bound and gagged by policemen or one living in perfect freedom who has nothing more to say?”
    “When truth is replaced by silence,the silence is a lie.”
    “Adam was but human—this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was in not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Really simple it's racist, and right/Alt-Right types that misapply science in order to have an excuse for their hatred of other races, throw in some Darwinism and natural selection shit, science goes from fact to fiction.

People are different just as two people of different races are different two people of the same race are different, sometimes in the same sometimes in different ways. Certain things are fact though I.Q our Genetics are different. But Genetics alone don't perdict outcome, case and point Michael Jordon is is the greatest basketball player of all time, his kids obviously missed that greatness in terms of basketball. The royal families fucking believed in this pure gentic bullshit in the way of divinity these motherfuckers would fuck their own family members just to keep it divine or in the family, and each in the line of succession has never been a carbon copy for their predecessor.

As for nature and natural design, when you hear people often use this shit, it's just as many of the none religious types that throw in some kind of bullshit mysticism when it comes to evolution and some do in other thought and reason.

Bottom line it is typically the lowest I.Q bottom of the barrel moronic motherfuckers that believe this bullshit about race, IQ, and genetics being this mitigating factor behind the state of the world we live in.

That's because as a human condition it is always easier to point our fucking fingers at others regardless to the WHOLE truth and make up reasons to hate each other. I mean I personally don't need an excuse, I hate fucking stupid people and racist supremacist and jack asses who copy paste troll racism are among the top
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Reposting this from a previous thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Sure but ill probably get infracted.
    European (Specifically the average white person)
    Asian (Theres alot of minor diversity but asians share* very distinct features)
    Africans (Specifically the average black person)

Europeans

(East) Asians

(Sub-Saharan) Africans

Phenotypically many Southern African populations have traits associated with East Asians like epicanthal/double eyelids and I wouldn't blame anyone for mistaking Saami or even some Finns as coming from somewhere in Asia.

Anthropologists recognize differences in human populations, but these characteristics do not neatly fit into our societal terms like "black, white, etc".