Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hmm, I see your problem though I doubt Blizzard can do much about what server you pick. A new arrival as well, would research some things at least.
    ofc they can do A LOT. they can

- get rid of fukin XR and merge servers and offer a great realm xp again.
    - they can merge and balance realms in realm clusters.
    - they can provide infos for realm choose on account HP and ingame at char creation.
    - they can provide links to forums and realm sites at the same place.
    - they can shift new players (complete new account detected) to realms that are 2/3 full.
    - player could deny this and select manually if he have friends on a special one.
    - they can inform, change and get their greedy lame ass up and do nearly 1000 of things.

as long i dont see anything of that as long you are obviously false.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    What new players?
    yep, this is the result of doing nothing.

but hey, its way more important to milk existing players via server transfer services, than merging realms and offer better xp to existing and new players and getting new players. greedy ppls/companies are most of the time not that clever ppls/companies. "money now" ist better than "still existing later"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    EU english - 1st page we have allready 3 threads ppl asking what server

EU german - new players are asking aswell

NA ppl are asking too

---

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1011644/

https://eu.battle.net/forums/de/wow/878725/

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/874698/
    yeah, x ppl out of potentially HOW MANY ? you have no clue how many ppl NOT asked there and therefore NOT playing wow (longer than 2-3 weeks).

this says nothing.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-07-15 at 01:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ofc they can do A LOT. they can

- get rid of fukin XR and merge servers and offer a great realm xp again.
    - they can merge and balance realms in realm clusters.
    In the PTR they tried and merge 2 PTR servers, i don't know what were the results but i'm glad they actually tried it after so many years of players asking for merges.
    So at least they are finally trying to come up with the "technology" to merge servers.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just reading the new player forum is full of so many people uninformed about getting ganked on pvp realms and wanting to turn off their flags etc.

It's kinda sad. And not the new player's fault.

And obviously pve vs pvp is even one of the easiest things to tell from the character server list.

Actual population/realm balance is impossible to tell without realmpop/wow progress and general experience.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-15 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    - they can shift new players (complete new account detected) to realms that are 2/3 full.
    I don't think these exist anymore, over the years as population shrank all the "medium" realms died off as few people who cared transferred / rerolled to the biggest realms, many people quit and what is left is few servers that are always full at xpac launches (but not full otherwise anymore) and 90% of realms that are barren wastelands.

CRZ doesn't fix the AH / trading and that's the biggest problem for casual player (because mythic raiding isn't), low pop servers have extremely imbalanced economy with a handful of people manipulating it because the volume of goods, suppliers and buyers is small enough some goblins can "control the market". For example when class mounts launched, on some low pop realms you couldn't really buy the gems and pots required for lock / pally mount because some smartasses bought them all and relisted for 10-30k a piece. On high pop that would never pass because there are always undercutters that when prices are high jump on the opportunity to flood the market. That's why I believe we're in dire need of server merges, CRZ takes care of "people in the world", but nothing so far fixes the economy anomalies on low pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    In the PTR they tried and merge 2 PTR servers, i don't know what were the results but i'm glad they actually tried it after so many years of players asking for merges.
    So at least they are finally trying to come up with the "technology" to merge servers.
    and dont want kill your hopes, but this had another reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I don't think these exist anymore, over the years as population shrank all the "medium" realms died off as few people who cared transferred / rerolled to the biggest realms, many people quit and what is left is few servers that are always full at xpac launches (but not full otherwise anymore) and 90% of realms that are barren wastelands.

CRZ doesn't fix the AH / trading and that's the biggest problem for casual player (because mythic raiding isn't), low pop servers have extremely imbalanced economy with a handful of people manipulating it because the volume of goods, suppliers and buyers is small enough some goblins can "control the market". For example when class mounts launched, on some low pop realms you couldn't really buy the gems and pots required for lock / pally mount because some smartasses bought them all and relisted for 10-30k a piece. On high pop that would never pass because there are always undercutters that when prices are high jump on the opportunity to flood the market. That's why I believe we're in dire need of server merges, CRZ takes care of "people in the world", but nothing so far fixes the economy anomalies on low pops.
    yep. exactly. i was once of that goblins years ago, when 50k was much gold. my last char on a dying server did this, before he transed with 50k to the ones on a giant server.

exactly these are the points ppl critize. blizz will never solve all that problems without server merging into 10 big servers. but they just wont do that because they earn billions (right, billions) with transfer services. you can look at this if you take the statistics sites, a bit web analyzing and wowprogresses transfer infos to see HOW incredible much money they earn with paied services.

or in short: if blizzard have fine working server structure they loose billions. simple as that. instead you use some cheap clustering stuff, call it XR and "connected realms" as an eye cather and that ppl go like "they do something", whilst they know ppl will transfer instead and pay them billions. its sad, but believe me, its the truth.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-07-15 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Problem is, the "new players" realms aren't even the "smallest" realms. So it's not in any way accurate at all.
    Realm population isn't just numbers. Blizzard may change the Realm type from PvP to PvE, maybe the realm has many more Horde players than Alliance or vice versa, or maybe the population overall isn't where they would like it to be.

Blizzard's flag on EU-Azjol-Nerub could be there for any reason, you and I simply don't know. We're speculating and having a discussion.

I thank you for maintaining this consistency and civility throughout your posts.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017