Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    When a player wants to go they want to go. Only a few clubs in the world could afford him and he only wanted to go to Real madrid. And you would take the risk over matching up with Real Madrid in the champions league which might not even happen over selling him to say arsenal or chelsea at the time and making the league harder for yourself and pissing off your fans
    Now you get it!

When a player wants to move, they move, they go to where they want to go. If that doesn't happen the consequences are not worth it. You would not be able to show me where a club has blocked a move and it all worked out. You think Arsenal wanted to sell RVP to United? The clubs dangle carrots but players have all the power. Sanchez to Man city? Depends what Sanchez wants, Arsenal can make it awkward, bench him for a year maybe, train him with the youth team, or his performance drops to match his mood about being denied, he makes wage demands that are unrealistic. Most Arsenal fans that I speak to want him to stay are ready to let him go if thats what he wants, theyve seen it before.

Over 50 million for Kyle Walker, the most expensive defender ever! That almost pays the transfer fees for the rest of the starting 11 btw! How can you not think this is shrewd business for a club that already replaced him half way through last season.

Its shitty that hes gone to city, but as you pointed out in your example theres nothing anyone can do realistically. And none else is desperate to pay that money for him. This has been the worst kept secret of the last 6 months, you will see in an earlier post of "Who do you want your club to sign?" I put Dani Alves, because..

I would like to keep our squad together, but if someone wants to go, well go. Fact is these are going to be some austerity years for Spurs 750 million on the best ground in the UK is a sound investment but doesnt leave a lot of player buying money for the next little while. Unless of course we sell and reinvest.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Snip
    Fair play you certainly got a lot of money for him. There must have been other teams interested surely, even if you take a pay cut, I would have tried selling sissoko and getting in cover before selling him but If he only wanted to go to city then that sucks because I wasn't worried about city but now with mendy and walker coming in and Jesus looking good up top they are gona be hard to beat

Deleted
    Everyone knew Walker was leaving, people just trying to make a story out of it, we made some solid money out of it, he wanted to go, everyones happy.

We already have cover for his position in Trippier, if Levy and Poch think we need someone else, we've got plenty of time yet.

I'd rather be doing transfers like this than running round like headless chickens trying to sign absolutely everyone like the rest of the top of the table are.

James could very well be the best signing especially when you look at the fee, ridiculous in this money spending football world.

If City gets Walker and Mendy I think they will win the league and with Kompany fit the chance only increases. Maybe they should get someone in defensive midfield? Touré isn't the kind of player he was.

Semedo is a good signing for Barca. If they get Verratti their problems could be solved.

Deleted
    Veratti isn't fit enough to be a top player.
    If the fucker would stop smoking and partying every night he might be able to last 60 minutes without cramping up.

Closing in on Aubameyang and Bakayoko.

Not bad...not bad at all. Lukaku can swivel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    So Sneijder can go to any club for free. Wonder when he'll be linked to the 100 england clubs available.

Deleted
    Think it's traditional for him to be linked to United at least once per transfer window.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Think it's traditional for him to be linked to United at least once per transfer window.
    Wouldn't be surprised either. Sneijder knows Mourinho well.

Deleted
    England U19s beat some nobodies to become champions of the universe or something. Don't really follow kids' football so I'm not sure what the official title is.

England U19s beat some nobodies to become champions of the universe or something. Don't really follow kids' football so I'm not sure what the official title is.
    Euro U19 champion

Doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things although there does seem to be some promising English youngsters. Whether they amount to anything at the senior level, that's a different story. It typically doesn't translate to the seniors

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Euro U19 champion

Doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things although there does seem to be some promising English youngsters. Whether they amount to anything at the senior level, that's a different story. It typically doesn't translate to the seniors
    We've had plenty of promising English youngsters for the past 20 years and it didn't get us very far.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    We've had plenty of promising English youngsters for the past 20 years and it didn't get us very far.
    Right but I don't recall England having this much success at the youth level before. There has to be some quality players that will make a difference for you among these teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Right but I don't recall England having this much success at the youth level before. There has to be some quality players that will make a difference for you among these teams.
    Yeah you're right. Hopefully some of these cup winners make some more starts in the prem this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    So Sneijder can go to any club for free. Wonder when he'll be linked to the 100 england clubs available.
    I would love to see him in the premier league, watching Sneijder play almost every weekend would make my life better. He is one of my favourites of all time and one of the first football players I started to follow. Would benefit the national team aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Bonucci to AC Milan, didn't see that coming.

Again, so sad. The hate for Portugal and portuguese in this thread (an the last one) is enormous... you don't see us saying England or english players suck, and yet you guys...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Again, so sad. The hate for Portugal and portuguese in this thread (an the last one) is enormous... you don't see us saying England or english players suck, and yet you guys...
    Yeah whenever an English team gets knocked out of a tournament all the non-English people in this thread, and about 50 more who don't bother to post unless its England or an English team getting a battering, certainly don't let us know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post

Must be a troll comment.
    Willing to take an infraction for it.

Deleted
    I'll jump on this hand grenade for the rest of you:
    *clears throat*
    -English players are overhyped bullshit and haven't achieved anything in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I'll jump on this hand grenade for the rest of you:
    *clears throat*
    -English players are overhyped bullshit and haven't achieved anything in decades.
    5 decades to be exact and it was a WC with only 16 teams.