10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    They are changing the effect of Shake it Off as well on Warrior. 4.05 and on, the Beast Gauge won’t reduce when stance changing either.

Well I guess Warriors should be somewhat happy?

It's a good start, the Beast Gauge swap was a thousand times more punishing for a WAR than the Oath gauge drop was for a PLD. >.> I remain undecided about Shake it off until I see the actual changes to it.

With the ability to freely stance dance swap I feel WAR will go back to my go-to tank, their are still some major issues that need to be addressed. Onslaught is still worthless and Internal Release will still be clunky... but stance switching no longer halfing beastgauge> A useful Onslaught and less clunky internal release IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post

Apparently WAR and DRK are also getting a damage buff to be competative with the PLD. I still do think the WAR needs a much bigger overhaul than a single skill change though, it's got a lot of underlying issues that need fixing.
    I mean you're spot on on the WAR thing. Keep in mind PLD is also having Holy Spirit potency nerf.

Also hope we see an end to the 270 STR accessories with them adding STR to fending.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2017-07-15 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

They mentioned that it'll be lower than VIT so you can still meld STR materia into it. I can see it (it being STR) either the same or slightly lower than 270 accessories but again when you combine it with materia it ends up higher or same.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2017-07-15 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Unfortunately, they need to leave it in for the Scholar. Otherwise they'd not have any heals at all pre level 30 and it would be unplayable should you end up in Copperbell mines with one.
    A SMN trait that makes Physick scale with INT would fix the issue, would not affect SCH at all and would make Physick not totally useless for SMN like it is now.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

If we can get glamour attached to a gearset instead of gear itself, that would make me very happy. I'd love to rock some class-specific looks instead of having to use a one-size-fits-all look to cover up derpgear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I'm curious about this too. I think at the moment they're just in the planning stages so don't get too excited but it does sound like big changes are coming.
    Well, at least it was answered positively, could have easily just said "No".

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    A SMN trait that makes Physick scale with INT would fix the issue, would not affect SCH at all and would make Physick not totally useless for SMN like it is now.
    They said they don't want to do that because of class flavor. Red mage can do it cause its a mix of white and black magic but smn is not.

Hence why does smn need to keep it's useless heal? Why wasn't it pruned? Why keep it over sustain. It should just transform into sustain when you're a smn

Would stacking all mnd materia even work?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue for SMN atm is their pet can't be healed by the SMN. Technically could just instant cast resummon but that's still an MP and dps hit. They should've kept sustain in even if it was a bit nerfed cause the pet can't be healed without a proper healer that pays attention to it, which is practically never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling RDM, having a blast, but good lord am I an aggro monster. I ran into aggro issues with SAM here and there but not as bad as this. I do like that threat is something that dps has to manage, makes it more interesting, but being so reliant on Diversion and Lucid Dreaming is annoying. Maybe if Diversion's cd was slightly lower it'd be nicer. Like 90s instead of 120s.

Anywho. If I'm not making tanks werk for aggro than I've found myself off healing more than I thought I would. Can't wait to get rez so I can just bring the healer back up instead of becoming the healer lol. Not really a complaint because I do like the flexibility of the job. Having fun overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The issue for SMN atm is their pet can't be healed by the SMN. Technically could just instant cast resummon but that's still an MP and dps hit. They should've kept sustain in even if it was a bit nerfed cause the pet can't be healed without a proper healer that pays attention to it, which is practically never.
    Yeah even I know that it's dumb when a pet class has no means of healing the companion. Oo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Leveling RDM, having a blast, but good lord am I an aggro monster. I ran into aggro issues with SAM here and there but not as bad as this. I do like that threat is something that dps has to manage, makes it more interesting
    I did notice that RDM (SAM to a lesser degree) has a higher threat output than other classes, but it's nowhere near hard to manage with proper tanking.

The problem with RDM is their insane burst at the start of an encounter. In dungeons its annoying as hell because you're constantly pulling stuff and Diversion doesn't line up with your burst. Raids? I haven't really seen any issues as Diversion helps at the start of an encounter and you're good after that.

To be honest I've noticed more threat issues on my BRD than my RDM... but that's probably because you have no threat mitigation. =/

Doesn't lucid dream also reduce threat. Get both the role actions are pretty mediocre that you can use both
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Doesn't lucid dream also reduce threat. Get both the role actions are pretty mediocre that you can use both
    Yeah i use them both, lucid usually later in the fight but the other after the initial burst so the tank holds threat.

As a red mage I can tell you it is very easy for me to pull agro on most fights and if the tank/tanks are not playing at a decent level not even diversion will keep it low enough end up having to lucid dream sooner then I would like.I will be honest though all the agro makes me feel good about my dps only downside is when I don't watch it and I pull from 2nd tank in Lakshmi ex at a bad time happened once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    As a red mage I can tell you it is very easy for me to pull agro on most fights and if the tank/tanks are not playing at a decent level not even diversion will keep it low enough end up having to lucid dream sooner then I would like.I will be honest though all the agro makes me feel good about my dps only downside is when I don't watch it and I pull from 2nd tank in Lakshmi ex at a bad time happened once or twice.
    Well it hasn't helped that there are so few fights right now where tanks need to watch anything other than whats in front of them. Take the dragon that spawns in on Halicarnassus. 9/10 neither tank even sees its there and me and a SAM nuke it, usually one of us ends up dying and getting a res but thats because how many boss fights in Stormblood have adds of any kind? i can think of 2 and in both the boss itself stops attacking when the adds spawn. throw in the 'pot babbys' being boosted who are learning this as what they think default tanking is in FFXIV and thats a whole lot of lessons teaching people to tunnel vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hali- what? What dragon? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Deltascape_V3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    So this is why i keep having to verraise healers!

SMN is now my go to choice for PvP.

Since you only get a 'kill' for dealing the finishing blow DoTs and instant cast spells help immensely. Otherwise it just counts as an 'assist'.

I already have the Garo stuff, so I figured I might as well push for the other PvP mounts. Just hit 100/200 for the Gloria mini airship mount. Seems like a decent enough goal to pass the time until 4.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay. Haven't been in Omega yet.
    Thanks.

Its getting a little funny to see people keep going "WHY ARENT YOU NERFING RDM" when our damage is pretty middle of the road" I'll just sit here getting no changes, flipping my rapier in the air.