Thread: Where's Thrall?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Didn't know Metzen and Richard Epcar are the same person.
    Have you ever seen them together in the same room?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

After having him stuffed down our throats repeatedly and him being the "savior"... I'm glad he's gone.

Yeah no doubt they'll retread him somewhere down the line (lookit how Illidan got to come back and be a "hero") but the longer that takes, the happier I'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I thought it was because he cheated. He used the elements in Mak'gora, a trial where one should use your own strength, not the strength of others.
    Thralls power is elemental power. The two are inseparable.

Fact of the matter is that Blizz can go one of two ways with it:

1) Thrall is being a mopey-butt and listening to Morrisey in a cave somewhere wondering why the elements won't call him all while refusing to pick up the phone.

2) Thrall is calling the elements like a man who went on one good date with a woman who clearly didn't think the date was as good as he did and is rejecting him but doesn't want to actually talk to the guy and tell him that he's being a creepo.

Either option is equally valid at this point with evidence on both sides.

Thrall straight up says that after killing Garry the elements are no longer answering his call. The AK book on the doomhammer also says that it's become dead weight in his hands - the doomhammer represents his connection to the elements and always has.

At this point Blizz is the one that gets to decide of Thrall is blocking himself out of guilt or if the elements are actually offended and requiring Thrall to go on some vision quest or some crap to win back their trust.

Personally I think he's being a mopey bastard that needs to push through his own self-doubt and recriminations and get a move on with the damn job of being the world shaman.

I think that option makes sense given what we know about the elements and how elemental magic works. It's like warlock magic at the end of the day only without all the blood and soul-shattering, the summoner is always in charge and it is their job to find balance for the elements to be in harmony. Otherwise the elements are constantly in rage and competition with each other and actively work against outside control.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Thralls power is elemental power. The two are inseparable.

Fact of the matter is that Blizz can go one of two ways with it:

1) Thrall is being a mopey-butt and listening to Morrisey in a cave somewhere wondering why the elements won't call him all while refusing to pick up the phone.

2) Thrall is calling the elements like a man who went on one good date with a woman who clearly didn't think the date was as good as he did and is rejecting him but doesn't want to actually talk to the guy and tell him that he's being a creepo.

Either option is equally valid at this point with evidence on both sides.

Thrall straight up says that after killing Garry the elements are no longer answering his call. The AK book on the doomhammer also says that it's become dead weight in his hands - the doomhammer represents his connection to the elements and always has.

At this point Blizz is the one that gets to decide of Thrall is blocking himself out of guilt or if the elements are actually offended and requiring Thrall to go on some vision quest or some crap to win back their trust.

Personally I think he's being a mopey bastard that needs to push through his own self-doubt and recriminations and get a move on with the damn job of being the world shaman.

I think that option makes sense given what we know about the elements and how elemental magic works. It's like warlock magic at the end of the day only without all the blood and soul-shattering, the summoner is always in charge and it is their job to find balance for the elements to be in harmony. Otherwise the elements are constantly in rage and competition with each other and actively work against outside control.
    Pushing through his doubt wont do anything, cus he pushed through it in cataclysm and look where he is.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I wonder why the elements give a shit about him obeying the rules of an Orcish duel. Are other races exempt? Akama abuses the shit out of the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    I wonder why the elements give a shit about him obeying the rules of an Orcish duel. Are other races exempt? Akama abuses the shit out of the elements.
    They probably wouldn't give their powers willingly, but Thrall isn't willing to take the power.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    After he used the elements to slay Garrosh on Draenor, the elements no longer obeyed his call as a shaman. During the Broken Shore initial invasion, Thrall was extremely weak and after at the Maelstrom, he was beaten again. He gave up the Doomhammer to the heroes of Azeroth because he felt like he could no longer protect the world.

Also Metzen retired, so his voice actor retired too.
    The elements cared about him using -Doomhammer- to slay Garrosh, for It's a weapon not used for revenge and needless bloodshead. The "Using elements to defeat Garrosh" Is more of a breaking the rules of Mak'gora and dishonouring himself before all.

And yeah Metzen retired, but I'm sure that doesn't stop him from using his voice for the role that's no excuse, I'm sure he'd love to, i would. But I sure don't want him taking center stage anymore, surely not as leader of the Horde anymore. Imean he still "Voices" Bastion In Overwatch.

Really, we've come to realize Thrall did bad for letting an orc who knows only war to lead the Horde and gets surprised when he tries to conquer anything. To be fair, he did go too far with the whole Mana Bomb on Theramore bit and using an old god for power, like the blademasters, they go by example and use only their orcish strenght, without the need for magical enchancements or anything else, to prove that orcs don't need demonic blood of all things to be strong and self sufficient.

And as a Hellscream fanboy, and partly Garrosh fanboy, he did good In Stonetalon but after that I felt they changed his story direction Into "evil warmongerer jada jada"
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

since blizzard became a nr1 professional in lame writing, whatever they do, you can expect its being lame. in this case my most favourite lame writing would be simple the "thrall recognizes omg-what-a-mary-sue-i-became, take his hammer and stand up" route. so they can transform him back to a leading battlefield shaman/warrior.

its plain. its dull. its lame. but in the end its million miles better then all the other shit. either they kill him or make him the oldstyle hero again. everything else can only go shit, when i look at the state of the wow lore writing ingame.

ps: edit says i forgot the obviously #makethrallgreatagain
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-07-16 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    I did see that, but given that he hasn't done any VA work for any character since Legion launched, I figured it's worth saying. Blizzard even reused the SoO "what a king must do" line from Varian for the Anduin cinematic instead of bothering Metzen to record a new line.
    KJ sounds like Metzen.

Deleted
    Thrall is heading towards the void - fighting along with Medan. Will never see them again since they are in the void.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall should have came back as Warchief after Siege of Orgrimmar. Vol'Jin was a mistake and the warchief revolving door is laughable.

Bring back the Thrall we all knew and loved.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Thrall should have came back as Warchief after Siege of Orgrimmar. Vol'Jin was a mistake and the warchief revolving door is laughable.

Bring back the Thrall we all knew and loved.
    I gotta wonder what he would think if he came back to the horde right now. "WTF!? SYLVANUS is warchief now!?! Hang on....let me go get my hammer back so we can fix this."

Not that I think Sylvanus is incapable of doing the job. But seriously....there's no way Thrall wouldn't step back up to the plate in this situation, Worldshaman or not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Midlife crisis. He's supposedly 31 (says wowpedia) which is surely more for an orc than it would be for a human considering they are biological adults somewhere around 13. Maybe being father of two is too much for him.

He's at home playing Overwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    The elements cared about him using -Doomhammer- to slay Garrosh, for It's a weapon not used for revenge and needless bloodshead. The "Using elements to defeat Garrosh" Is more of a breaking the rules of Mak'gora and dishonouring himself before all.

And yeah Metzen retired, but I'm sure that doesn't stop him from using his voice for the role that's no excuse, I'm sure he'd love to, i would. But I sure don't want him taking center stage anymore, surely not as leader of the Horde anymore. Imean he still "Voices" Bastion In Overwatch.

Really, we've come to realize Thrall did bad for letting an orc who knows only war to lead the Horde and gets surprised when he tries to conquer anything. To be fair, he did go too far with the whole Mana Bomb on Theramore bit and using an old god for power, like the blademasters, they go by example and use only their orcish strenght, without the need for magical enchancements or anything else, to prove that orcs don't need demonic blood of all things to be strong and self sufficient.

And as a Hellscream fanboy, and partly Garrosh fanboy, he did good In Stonetalon but after that I felt they changed his story direction Into "evil warmongerer jada jada"
    magic has been used before. now shut the hell up about thrall cheating.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He's barely been really relevant in the scheme of things since maybe Mist. He isn't a Mary sue.
    Except for when he came racing in out of nowhere at the end of WoD's Alliance questline in Nagrand so he could grab Garrosh right out from under us, of course.

Yeah, that's not relevant at all.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    He's at home playing Overwatch.
    I thought he was in the Nexus fighting champions from other universes?

HOW MANY THRALLS ARE THERE?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post

You'd think the elements would be happy that the guy that literally enslaved them and twisted them during SoO is dead, but nope.

Thrall broke a rule (which he really didn't tbh, unless you dont think that fists are weapons) made up centuries ago, and the elements cared about a made up rule that realy has nothing to do with them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall needs to fix some personal issues and identity crisis being tainted by the blood of a demon. Is he really what he think he is being good or there is something lurking beneat him which is evil trying to manifest itself.

Taking a hiatus cos players are sick of him XD