Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I am pretty sure i didn't reply to the OP, but to your statement that high elves were too few to be a playable race. I don't believe that would be the reason for it. I think lore numbers in wow are very abstract.
    And yet the entirety of the surviving Quel'dorei faction is consisted of two ranger battalions, the Alleria/Son of Lothar battalion and the Vereesa's Silver Convenant. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Only if the Horse get fel Gnolls
    Poor horse, that looks like a serious parasite problem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    And yet the entirety of the surviving Quel'dorei faction is consisted of two ranger battalions, the Alleria/Son of Lothar battalion and the Vereesa's Silver Convenant. That's it.
    But they don't specify how big they are. It's abstract.

Just as you assuming thousands of dranei could fit in the exodar for years of space travel.

It's all a bit shifty. It's not the reason why races are playable or not.

Deleted
    But they don't specify how big they are. It's abstract.
    Abstract? We know exactly what they are, an elite cadre of rangers that either joined the Sons of Lothar and small military group that defended the Alliance side of Dalaran.

Just as you assuming thousands of dranei could fit in the exodar for years of space travel.
    The Genedar, not the Exodar. The Exodar was just an escape ship, part of the Tempest Keep, from Outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Why do you even care? First - it isn't going to happen. Second...if it did happen, it wouldn't affect you. And thirdly, if Blizzard wants it to happen, it'll happen no matter what.

Sit back...relax...chill. It's just a game.
    Why everyone arguing in favor of this shit has always to resort to cheap bullshit like this? Don't worry, I'm relaxed but it's also tiring to see repeating ad infinitum the same arguments over an entire decade.

Yes, I know Blizzard can do the fuck it wants. You can still argue in defense of such a choice as much as I can argue against it. Because yes, a worthless addition to the game affects everyone and would consequentely disappoint anyone who doesn't want to see blue-eyed Blood Elves justified as lolnew playable race.

But yes - if Blizzard wanted to give the Alliance High Elfs, they could easily make them different. It's been what? Ten years? 15? since WC3. If the Forsaken can reinvent a new culture for themselves, then so can the High Elfs. The seeds of it are already there with the way they are walking away from the arcane.
    High Elves roam around by a whole decade and they keep stagnating in the same pool. No unity, no identity, no culture, no common leadership. All they had in common was a political choice, nothing more. All that matters about their race is tied to Quel'Thalas and Blood Elves. High Elves are just an exiled faction of that people (even though calling them a "faction" is rather generous) and Vereesa herself proved those ties when she ran in defense of the Blood Elf's kingdom during the 4.1. The abandoning of the arcane is brought forward by a single and arguably minuscle faction of High Elves, those in Dalaran use the arcane just fine. Which, of course, lead back to the issue mentioned at the beginning: High Elves possess no unity nor shared motivations.

Heck, even the reason they're called High Elves is not the same for everyone. The Allerian High Elves never called themselves Blood Elves simply because they weren't in Quel'Thalas in the first place when Kael'thas renamed their people "Blood Elves". What a powerful motivation. They'll surely ready to build a new kingdom, culture and identity with other High Elves simply because they all call themselves High Elves. Guaranteed.

I don't have to justify their addition. Neither does Blizzard. Neither do you. Blizzard just has to say they are giving Alliance players what they want. If Blizzard ever get to that point, then they would need to give the High Elfs new racials, new mounts, new models, a backstory and culture - everything a new racial faction needs. And the only justification they would need is "Because they say so".

If you don't like them...don't play them.

But it'll never happen so don't get so worked up about it.
    That's not how it works in the slightest. And it's funny how you claim that'll never happen yet you don't stop a moment thinking why that's the case. Like, I don't know, the necessity of savagely retconning a whole decade of history while coming up with senseless excuses so that High Elves may be justified (you may not like the term but it's all about that) as playable race when they're little more than blue-eyed Blood Elves. It will clearly never happen also because countless players don't give a damn about rehashed or reskinned Blood Elves. If they'll ever gonna get a new race maybe, just maybe, they would surely prefer something new and fresh for real, something capable to satisfy both the lore and gameplay aspect. Surely a more pragmatic choice than making High Elf die-hard nostalgics happy.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Why not another neutral race?
    Neutral races ruin faction identity. It didn't work with pandas, it ain't going to work with something else.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-07-15 at 02:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    GIVE US DEMON FACTION NOT HIGH ELF'S

#noblueeyedelf's
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taly View Post
    And without them..the Horde is a fraction without player, look Classic WOW
    Horde has been the most played faction since ever. Including vanilla. Get your facts straight.

Blood elves have nothing to do with it.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Horde has been the most played faction since ever. Including vanilla. Get your facts straight.

Uh what? Horde had population problems bad in Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account

no

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Horde is more played on US, Alliance is more played on EU and Asia/Pacific

Currently US realm pop is pretty balanced, slight Alliance lean.

This is anecdotal, mainly because it's hard to find stats on Vanilla WoW, but I'm almost positive it was heavily Alliance favored. I remember the whole older people play horde and little kids play alliance argument back in the day.

Blood Elves were added to the Horde to balance the factions, the lore didn't support it at the time. Lore was MADE FOR THEM during BC to join the Horde. If anything elves would be a sovereign nation and join neither side.

You Blood Elf fans are guinea pigs to balance the factions, high elves won't happen and you'll never go the Alliance. Now piss off and go RP at falconwing square.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    We have enough elves. I also think the void is a horribly boring concept and I'm sad to see that instead of just slapping some Fel corruption on everything, they'll start throwing Void corruption on everything related to the void lords.
    Man.. you just made me think lol. We've had all this fel green shit for an expansion and a half. If all speculation is true and Void Lords are next, I'm gonna be drained with all the black and purple void stuff.. ugh... Say what you will about WoD, but at least the expansion had some color! lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Blood Elves were added to the Horde to balance the factions, the lore didn't support it at the time. Lore was MADE FOR THEM during BC to join the Horde. If anything elves would be a sovereign nation and join neither side.
    That's not really a strong argument. Lore is always made for something to happen. As long it follows a steady logical progress than is pretty much incontestable. And yes, besides the fact that a lot of people can't get over the fact that Blood Elves never went back to the Alliance, the progression making Blood Elves become part of the Horde was far from being senseless (even though disliked by many, which is another matter entirely).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Uh what? Horde had population problems bad in Vanilla.
    Windfury. Better racials. Horde never had lower pop than alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    A new elf race for either side simply isn't going to happen unless Blizzard opts to go the sub race route. Each faction has an eleven race, and a new player race slot comes along once every several years, I very much doubt Blizzard would use that once every few year shot on more elves.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    That's not really a strong argument. Lore is always made for something to happen. As long it follows a steady logical progress than is pretty much incontestable. And yes, besides the fact that a lot of people can't get over the fact that Blood Elves never went back to the Alliance, the progression making Blood Elves become part of the Horde was far from being senseless (even though disliked by many, which is another matter entirely).
    But it´s True, the Horde in Vanilla was very very unpopular, the playerbase on hordeside wanted a "beautiful" race, a popular race on Hordeside. The most popular Race - and one of the most beautiful people lorewise- was Highelf/bloodelf.

The Lore was built around it, included the second betrayal from the alliance.
    Last edited by mmocd8bd493a43; 2017-07-15 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Abstract? We know exactly what they are, an elite cadre of rangers that either joined the Sons of Lothar and small military group that defended the Alliance side of Dalaran.
    That is silly, you are missing the point. Tell me the exact number then.

The Genedar, not the Exodar. The Exodar was just an escape ship, part of the Tempest Keep, from Outland.
    The playable dranei are the ones from the Exodar. So, the surviving ones from Draenor that weren't massacred and could fit on the exodar.

This is a silly debate and you know it. The numbers are abstract.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

You Blood Elf fans are guinea pigs to balance the factions, high elves won't happen and you'll never go the Alliance. Now piss off and go RP at falconwing square.
    Lore didn't support it?

The last interaction pre BC of Blood Elves interacting with Alliance was the Alliance leader basically trying to kill them at every turn because they're not human. Then trying to get them executed for the audacity of getting help in not being killed in a suicide mission.

Now I know everyone jumps and cries "NAGA!" but no one before the third war has ever seen a naga before. Garithos had no idea of their nature and only got mad because Kael'thas failed to die and the Naga were not human.

The Lore really was there stating that the citizens of Quel'thalas should never go back to the same alliance (Blizzard words) that tried to wipe them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    to be fair i blame blizzard for this. blizzard still treats high elves seperately and high elves as a whole get more alliance screen time then alot of races playable get.

in tbc, the same expansion that introduced playable blood elves, the alliance has questing areas with high elves who remain alliance

in wrath the alliance faction in dalaran are high elves, theres no reason it couldnt have been human mages but they created a faction of high elves, we then go on to hang out with that faction even more in the argent tournament

in cata theres not a whole lot that i remember outside of zones that had them in vanilla anyways aside from vereesa showing up for the troll patch

in mists we again have the high elves versus the blood elves as an alliance plot point and faction, im pretty sure vereesa gets more fucking screentime than aysa cloudsinger got in the pandarens own fucking expansion

wod doesnt have any if i recall

then legion, once again has high elves alongside alliance granted its much less than in wotlk however they boost it up again in 7.3 with alleria and her followers

but thats still 4 expansions out of 6 where alliance players are forced to interact with a faction that is part of theirs but unplayable. blizzard has just as much to blame, especially when asked in an interview about subraces they mentioned high elves alongside brown orcs as something they knew players wanted.

notice how people dont mention hozen and jinyu, arrakoa, ect nearly as much outside of their time in the spotlight? maybe if blizzard didnt constantly show alliance factioned high elves the alliance would stop wanting them or atleast want something more than they want them. its pretty clear atleast some people at blizzard want them to join the alliance otherwise they would write and create things that dont involve them.

imo had high elves pretty much ceased to exist after tbc introduced blood elves there would be like 10% as many requests if that
    Agreed, I think the best thing that Blizzard could do to make up for it for both Alliance and Horde is move the High Elves to reunite with the Blood Elves as a single race. It may require some characters drastically changing their viewpoints, but it's not past Blizzard to have characters make those kind of changes to justify gameplay/factions (see Jaina's character being tarnished because of faction wars). It would also make way to explain High Elves as a sub race for Blood Elves, which is the only business High Elves ever have being playable in WoW, as a sub race for Blood Elves. This would be good for Alliance because, as you said, they feature High Elves more than they do some of the Alliance races, which is silly.