Poll: Nerf T19 and compensate with overall dmg buffs?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Should T19 be nerfed? (and compensated with %dmg buffs)

Soo I just wanted to make an alt but I realized that I'll never get into Mythic Nighthold to farm T19 since:
    a) my guild doesn't run it anymore
    b) pugging it won't be an option on my lowpop server

It basically means that my alt will never be on par with others since I'll be lacking Mythic T19 set pieces. (unless you get a high procc from HC..)

Should Blizzard nerf T19 and compensate the damage loss with %overall dmg buffs?

Try to answer from a new players standpoint. (many of us have mythic T19 gear and don't care)
    Last edited by mmocd21b4bac89; 2017-07-15 at 05:58 PM.

I think titanforging is mostly to blame for this situation.
    For multiple classes if their tier 19 is war/titanforged high enough it will remain BiS.
    Can't even imagine the mess the next tier will bring.

Perhaps instead of nerfing it (more), it would be better to have only ever the newest set you are wearing active. Thus relegating the need/wish to equip an old 2 set with a new 4 set (or even an old 2 set with a new 2 set, and potentially an even newer 2 set next tier).
    This would prevent old tier sets from being crap the next tier, and if you don't have them (at a high ilvl) you don't feel like you are missing out.
    There would be an awkward transition period though when you don't want to equip the new tier set, because you would loose your old 2/4 set bonus. So not perfect either.

don't worry. 7.3 will bring grandeur ring so we can wear double 4pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    twink(many of us have mythic T19 gear and don't care)
    ???

on topic, it should be nerfed with no compensation.

10+ Year Old Account
    110... twink...

What is this I don't even...
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Soo I just wanted to make a twink but I realized that I'll never get into Mythic Nighthold to farm T19 since:
    a) my guild doesn't run it anymore

It basically means that my twink will never be on par with others since I'll be lacking Mythic T19 set pieces. (unless you get a high procc from HC..)

Should Blizzard nerf T19 and compensate the damage loss with %overall dmg buffs?

Try to answer from a new players standpoint. (many of us have mythic T19 gear and don't care)
    devs dont care either - they are happy with whole content of expansion being relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    110... twink...

Germans ect use the word twink for alts.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

110... twink...

Is OP German? Someone said on German realm they call alts twinks... While on English realms Twinks are exclusively low level xp-locked alts geared specifically to dominate in specific pvp bracket or dungeons / solo. Secondary max level characters are just alts. And then there are rerolls when you're changing to a different class and want to max gear it instead of the old char... I'd assume OP has in mind mostly a reroll or just an alt.

P.S. Beaten by 1 min by the guy above, yeah it's some German thing it seems.

You can pug NH between servers since 7.2.5 of corse is still kinda hard because mechanics and you will have luck if you kill the 3 first bosses.EN M still wipe with 900+ people

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. I was always under the assumption it was (A) a young feminine male or (B) someone that turns off XP and gets BIS for that bracket.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

someone that turns off XP and gets BIS for that bracket.
    Yep, that is customary on English realms, twinks used to be mostly for pvp but nowadays we have for example 101 twinks boosting dungeons... so there are pve twinks too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Germans ect use the word twink for alts.
    oh lol. thanks for letting me know. fixed it

Basically Titanforging and Warforging is the problem. If T19 stayed at base ilvl for w/e difficulty it wouldn't be that strong. Imo TF/WF fucked so many aspects of this game.

Mage | Demon Hunter | Druid

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Stop obsessing about BIS lists and realistically unobtainable items, you don't 'need' any of that, just make the best out of the items that have dropped for you. WF kills are not achieved with people wearing 950 arcanocrystals, you don't 'need' that shit for anything

T20 and T21 should have less shit bonuses. Its a major design flaw when a previous tier has more powerful bonuses than one further into progression.

Well OP you can either get HC 2-set or stick to the items available to you, if it's an alt it will never be as min-maxed as your main (we're talking about an average player and not some world top raider who keeps 5-6 alts geared to the teeth for splits). I don't know about you, but for example in HFC when I had time for alts my alt would still not be as geared as my main and while I cleared whole place with my main only went 11/13m on alt... Obviously alts aren't as competitive as mains, unless it's a switch or a guild where maintaining multiple raiding characters is enforced. Will you even raid top difficulty on this alt? Will you care that much about topping logs? Also knowing in normal / hc top logs are usually cheesed?

Personally I find it annoying if you have to "go back" to farm some stuff the general playerbase moved away from already, but this isn't the first time we get this problem, it usually existed with some broken trinkets in the past, for example in HFC dps DKs needed trinket from Maidens from BRF. In WOTLK Holy Paladins needed trinket from Algalon for a very long time.

You can pug mythic NH cross realm now. Just like you can every raid once the next tier is released. This is hardly an excuse or point.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    T20 and T21 should have less shit bonuses. Its a major design flaw when a previous tier has more powerful bonuses than one further into progression.
    My T20 is great but the 2pc T19 is the main culprit for me. It also devalued the tier slot legendaries and I'm mostly slot-locked when it comes to the weekly M+ chest. We also get to repeat the same process with Burning Throne, hoping we get titanforged t20
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2017-07-16 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You can pug mythic NH cross realm now. Just like you can every raid once the next tier is released. This is hardly an excuse or point.
    Good luck plugging Mythic Star Augur. People can't play match.

Deleted
    This post made me lol...

I can't be bothered to put effort into my alts (i.e., my guild doesn't run it any more so can't carry me any more), so I demand the gear of mains to be nerfed so that my alt can compete with them!

I need T19 because without it I will be behind others in damage meter.

The sad thing is that I don't even think this is a troll or a fun post: OP seems to be actually serious.