Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It's also entirely possible there will be more old gods than just the four we've heard about so far. The four on Azeroth are not the only four in existence. Could be that after C'Thun, Yogg, and Y'Shaarj were all destroyed, N'Zoth, being the weakest of the four, called for reinforcements?
    Mhm, being the weakest and the only Old God alive... well, I think N'zoth was the smartest of them all because he's still scheming while the other three are already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    It would be pretty rad for many more Old Gods to rain down upon a world like meteors.

In fairness to N'Zoth, while he may be the weakest in overall power, I feel like he's the most insidious. Post Yogg-Saron's defeat, he was the only active Old God, which meant he was the one controlling Deathwing, the Nightmare, and the naga, plus all of the faceless ones and forgotten ones and Twilight cultists still active in the world. He's got a lot of resources to tap. I doubt he'll try anything overt, but he may go for corrupting the right pawns to set the world up for him to make his move.

Lookin' at you, Odyn. You dick.
    Well in Hearthstone he is called N'zoth, the Corruptor so yeah he may be weak in combat by himself comparing to other old gods but he is definitely cunning and manipulative, kinda like Gul'dan.

To the poster above me, yep those are definitely wings now that you are showing it, maybe they are showing his backside? :P
    And how creepy is it to see a flying old god like this? It's as creepy as flying roaches!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Pretty sure it's fairly Phonetic, so En-Zoth or Na-Zoth
    Old God names are so difficult to pronounce. I never found out how to say Y'Shaarj. The "Yah-Sha-Raj" like it states in the Wiki sounds so weird. YASHARAJ! The Wiki says N'zoth is pronounced like Ni-zoth / Ne-zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post

They look like wings to me
    Those are mouths. He has more than one.

Why on earth would N'Zoth have wings?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Could easily be some minion on N'zoth of high importance that will cause problems and be an end zone quest boss or a dungeon boss or even a raid boss.
    Treat him as something like Ozumat i'd say.
    No, it's Cthulhu.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Yes, but the characters still look the same. The Lich King doesn't suddenly look like a cartoony version of The Black Knight. He still looks like The Lich King. So we can atleast take the artwork as canon.
    not really, considering the fact that the artwork in HS is all over the place and often doesn't even match the name of the card (most notable example being Malygos, whose HS artwork is actually Kalecgos)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Old God names are so difficult to pronounce. I never found out how to say Y'Shaarj. The "Yah-Sha-Raj" like it states in the Wiki sounds so weird. YASHARAJ! The Wiki says N'zoth is pronounced like Ni-zoth / Ne-zoth.
    Y'Shaarj is pronounced Yah-Sha-Raj and is said by Kil'ruk (by voice file even) in Dread Wastes. :P
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the old gods have always had a feeling of being abstract and mysterious to me. My guess is that these are just different depictions of the same being. Since no one REALLY knows exactly how he looks, just that he is similar in appearance to a kraken.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Yes, but the characters still look the same. The Lich King doesn't suddenly look like a cartoony version of The Black Knight. He still looks like The Lich King. So we can atleast take the artwork as canon.
    Malygos uses Kalecgos artwork in Hearthstone

So no, the characters do not look the same

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    No, it's just a picture of Cthulhu. Nothing "N'zoth" about it. Rising from under the sea, tentacles all over his face, big wings behind him... That's all Cthulhu.
    N'zoth is under the sea.....

Sammy hasn't worked on WoW for a long, long time.

Christ, just let the dude do some personal art without speculating that shit. Why would Blizzard even let him show a design that isn't out yet?
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2017-07-16 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    No, it's just a picture of Cthulhu. Nothing "N'zoth" about it. Rising from under the sea, tentacles all over his face, big wings behind him... That's all Cthulhu.
    That's not Cthulhu at all. He's different from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Y'Shaarj is pronounced Yah-Sha-Raj and is said by Kil'ruk (by voice file even) in Dread Wastes. :P
    Yeah, we actually have a reliable in-game source for that one. Sounded more like sheh than sha to me. Though one of the Faceless bosses in Dragon Soul pronounces N'Zoth as well, IIRC. I think it was actually pronounced exactly as written. I.e. just the N, no En or Na/Ni/Ne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yeah, we actually have a reliable in-game source for that one. Sounded more like sheh than sha to me. Though one of the Faceless bosses in Dragon Soul pronounces N'Zoth as well, IIRC. I think it was actually pronounced exactly as written. I.e. just the N, no En or Na/Ni/Ne.
    Only thing I can hear is that he either says ''N'Zoth'' or ''UN'Zoth'', but it skinda hard hearing what those octopus faces say sometimes, hehe.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Sorry guys, this is not Warcraft related at all. But N'Zoth is still hype AF.

But yes, N'Zoth does in fact have wings.

Maybe it's N'Zoth's new name, Ret'Con

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah so what? Old Gods are inspired by the Cthulhu mythos.
    "Completely copied from"

Fixed that for you. Theyre even called the same thing. Old Gods. Honestly, since the Cthulhu mythos is in the public domain now, they should have just straight up said "not inspired by. Straight up Lovecraftian Old Gods, kids" from day one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It's also entirely possible there will be more old gods than just the four we've heard about so far. The four on Azeroth are not the only four in existence. Could be that after C'Thun, Yogg, and Y'Shaarj were all destroyed, N'Zoth, being the weakest of the four, called for reinforcements?
    There were originally stated to be at LEAST 5 (back in Vanilla), but that was retconned-ish (by the time the Titans arrived, there were mysteriously only 4). I say "ish" because the Shadow Priest dagger speaks of itself as if it were an Old God ("odd that the weakest of US.." ) - so its entirely possible (since we know the Old Gods fought each other) that she was killed by the others before the Titans arrived.

So there could possibly have been more Old Gods before, or some that never gained enough power to be considered threats or were killed, and/or possibly re-animated.

Since he's been imprisoned, there's not really any way N'zoth could have called for reinforcements; from what we know, they aren't exactly in contact with the Void Lords much if at all, and little to no evidence that the Void Lords could directly target a specific planet (after all, they just flung the old gods out into space hoping theyd land on planets).

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post

Sorry guys, this is not Warcraft related at all. But N'Zoth is still hype AF.

But yes, N'Zoth does in fact have wings.
    He actually does not. He has 3 mouths that 2 of people seem to think are wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    No, it's Cthulhu.
    As others have pointed out, not exactly. Cthulhu is not covered in eyes. He just has a pair of plain old eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    N'zoth is under the sea.....
    So is Cthulhu. Despite C'Thuns name being more of a reference to Cthulhu, N'Zoth looks quite a bit more like him and shares more traits with him.

They also share underwater cities as their domains:

Z'zoth has Ny'alotha, and Cthulhu has R'lyeh

Both are described as places where huge hosts slumber, and madness reigns.

And, given that Hearthstone character art can differ greatly from in-game Character designs in WoW, there's no particular reason to consider Hearthstone's art canon for WoW (nor is there any reason to assume that the art posted by the artist is canon for WoW, either) - but they share more similarities than differences (lots of tentacles on face, mouth on top of the head, lots of eyes, etc).