Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Well, for one thing, he didn't call it a "Muslim Ban".
    No, but it was for the same countries exactly that the first ban Trump tried implementing was for. All Trump has done now is remove a country from the list that Obama had.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    No, but it was for the same countries exactly that the first ban Trump tried implementing was for. All Trump has done now is remove a country from the list that Obama had.
    But meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, Trump is literally Hitler!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMEGOMGOMG

FFS, Trump could try an enact every single policy Obama attempted, and the Liberals would still lose their shit over how fascist those policies are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    If we wanted to solve the problem we would colonize them. Since we are not it is the political equivalent to pissing into the sea.
    "We" did once, but we left before the job was properly finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You can't secure the empire when Rome itself is falling, the travel ban is a separate issue, it stupid mostly because Trump is a fucking moron and his supporters are either too stupid to appreciate that.
    Would it be less stupid if it was imposed by Hillary? Obama too imposed travel bans during his reign, but no one batted an eye. But when a republican does the same, everyone goes nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by mbg View Post
    Actually, Obama did that already. Remember the 'Miss Me yet' meme a few years back? Also, Trump has reversed many of Obama's failed executive orders. So I guess that makes him a pretty good president already. Russian nothing burgers aside, The country is already improving since Obama left.
    Yeah, no.

Well, unless you're one of those unfounded nutjobs who think Obama was Satan Incarnate ("WHAT, HE ASKED FOR DIJON MUSTARD ON HIS HAMBURGER?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!!?!). At which point nothing you have to say has any meaning or worth, especially when comparing him to Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    only total super partisan leftie lunatics think that borders are somehow "anti-freedom".
    Sane people that study history to a 10yo level of understanding KNOW that moving freely between countries is not included in basic human rights list.
    It looks like you lost the button again, sad.

You want more tightened borders, which means less freedom. I'm not sure what is so hard for you to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    and instead ordered US and NATO troops into those six nations to restore order and prop up Western friendly governments?

I believe in taking an interventionist approach rather an isolationist approach to fighting terrorism.

Different kind of bad deal for the United States. The travel ban will do nothing to protect the United States.

Honestly the USA should just pull all military presence from the entire world, shut down all foreign bases and recall all military forces, except those necessary for consulate defense, to within 200 miles from our coastline. The savings from that could be put into education and social programs for United States Citizens.

Let the rest of the world foot the bill for global defense for the next 70 years.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    But meeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, Trump is literally Hitler!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMEGOMGOMG

FFS, Trump could try an enact every single policy Obama attempted, and the Liberals would still lose their shit over how fascist those policies are.
    How many people unironically say he is literally Hitler? That's nothing more tha an attempt to dodge any argument, by bringing up the absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It looks like you lost the button again, sad.

You want more tightened borders, which means less freedom. I'm not sure what is so hard for you to figure out.
    i want as much freedom as possible for my fellow american citizens, foreigners should ask THEIR governments for the same i guess, not our business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Well, for one thing, he didn't call it a "Muslim Ban".

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the law protects non-citizens on a country's soil as well as citizens. With the kind of law you're describing, it would be legal for citizens to murder non-citizens of a country. That would be pretty fucked up, no?
    but trumps ban on 7 nations is to prevent them coming to our soil so... (;

i want as much freedom as possible for my fellow american citizens, foreigners should ask THEIR governments for the same i guess, not our business.

- - - Updated - - -

but trumps ban on 7 nations is to prevent them coming to our soil so... (;

It is our business, if they want to come here. You oppose freedom, what a shame. Immigration does not hurt you, or take away your freedom. But hey, it's glad to know you don't support the restriction of any action that does not cause harm. I'm glad you support legalized gay marriage, legalized drugs, legalized prostitution, getting rid of speeding laws, lifting all restrictions on abortion and abortion clinics, and public nudity laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Australia, all of South America, Greenland, the US, Canada, all of Africa, most of the pacific islands, the Caribbean islands, central-America...honestly, it'd be easier to name a place that IS better off after European colonization. I think it's called "nowhere".
    Lol alright you are one of those kinds of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Australia, all of South America, Greenland, the US, Canada, all of Africa, most of the pacific islands, the Caribbean islands, central-America...honestly, it'd be easier to name a place that IS better off after European colonization. I think it's called "nowhere".
    Singapore is pretty decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    and instead ordered US and NATO troops into those six nations to restore order and prop up Western friendly governments?

I believe in taking an interventionist approach rather an isolationist approach to fighting terrorism.
    I would start by encouraging you to actually read the executive order involved. By reading it you'll learn just how uninformed your questions/position truly is.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

this guys must be fat trolling, such a stereotypical leftie sjw cant exist.
    washing my hands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    If the west babysit church had the money that the extremists have, they would be doing the same or worse
    that remains to be seen, at worst they are trolls that feed on attention.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

this guys must be fat trolling, such a stereotypical leftie sjw cant exist.
    washing my hands
    Man, you still can't figure out the buttons, you should work on that.

I'm not sure what your issue is. I pointed out that you opposed freedom, and you even agreed. What is so difficult for you?

WTH 6+ wars the only this would work would be the world behind it, and ok with the west basically colonizing those places and slowly introducing western style gov't / freedoms over generations .. in short no.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Lol alright you are one of those kinds of people.
    The kind capable of sympathy? Yes, yes I am. Too bad you're not one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Singapore is pretty decent.
    Might be, haven't looked into it. If so, it's a rare exception.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that the travel ban is temporary. Admittedly, I'd like to see it made permanent, but w/e.

Anyway, whilst I'd like to see sound government... basically everywhere, to be honest... that's a side issue. If there are, say, a thousand terrorists in Country X, then having a travel ban from there might be a good idea even if you're invading them. Actually, scratch that. It's a good idea especially if you're invading them. Imagine not blocking travel from Germany to Britain in the middle of WW1 :P .

I tend to agree, but as Iraq & Afghanistan showed, you have to do it properly or not at all. A proper approach is going to take decades to do, and can easily cost thousands of lives - your own soldiers I mean, not just the locals.

For example, had I known that Obama would cut & run from Iraq, I would never have supported going in - but then, hindsight is 20:20.
    Still not tired of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    it'll be interesting to see how the travel ban does nothing to drop the already exceedingly low number of terror attacks on US soil.
    Relevant:

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

there is no guarantee it can be done 'properly'; the british (and other european powers) occupied many of their colonial territories for hundreds of years and didn't succeed in establishing stable governments (nevermind democratic ones.) There's no guarantee that ethnic or religious tensions in say, the sudan wouldn't result in that country shaking itself apart no matter how long you occupied it.