Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I believe the way that is only 57% of the guilds who have downed a normal boss have also downed heroic Goroth. I know it doesn't account for every single player/account though. Otherwise there would be something like only ~500k players. Assuming all those groups have 30 people in their raid which isn't likely.
    No it's 57% have downed a single boss on heroic, which is 15816 guilds. There would be lots more who haven't done any heroic bosses yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give me an optional way to increase the outdoor difficulty, like a buff that reduces my damage/increases enemy damage or even gives them new skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is asking for the server type to enforce attitudes and while I see the appeal (more in a sec), the community now is different from the community in classic and TBC.

I leveled late in vanilla after most of the bugs had been worked out and things had been patched. Hardcore is the wrong word I think - involving is what I'd use.Without heirlooms and the reduced XP per level, it took longer and things like leveling dungeons mattered more. You could easily wipe on the stair fight in ZF even if you were in a good group with reasonable gear. Plus, you wanted the blues from dungeons since they really were much better than quest rewards. Basically, the entire experience *mattered* and it was fine because for most people it was their first or second time through the world and the world felt large with a variety of threats from the satyrs in Felwood to the pirates in Booty Bay, etc.

I actually think leveling then was almost perfect for people not rushing to endgame. But things have changed. For most players on live now, a new toon isn't their first or second but 12th or 20th. We've mostly seen the world over and over so it holds no surprises, no unexplored corners.That's why they added heirlooms and stuff. I think that was a mistake since it meant even a new person HAS to level fast - I'd have added partial boosts so if it was your 12th alt you could pay a reasonable fee - not $60 but perhaps $30 - and skip ahead.

But the people who started in Classic are mostly gone. MMO-C has a lot but that's because we're a niche community. I'd bet most people started in LK or later. And most people have seen the world.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-07-15 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    I am pretty sure that's complete bs. Are you really saying that more than 90% dont do at least LFR/normal mode raids? Pretty sure those numbers were regarding to how many players are doing mythic raids...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    I think 8.0 would be the perfect time to introduce "hardcore servers" don't you think? I'm not talking about hardcore mode like Diablo where when you die, your character gets deleted. Just special rule set like:

- Much slower leveling speed (no XP boost, no character boost)
    - Removal of LFR and Dungeon Queues
    - Removal of Crossrealm/virtualization technology
    - No server transfer
    etc.

Wow has been drifting more and more into a single player with MMO elements. They need to bring back the core essence of what an MMORPG is supposed to be.
    By "hardcore" u mean streching out time it takes to hit max lvl and get geared?

Gotta love armcheir devs with their infinite knowledge on how to make games.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Just give me an optional way to increase the outdoor difficulty, like a buff that reduces my damage/increases enemy damage or even gives them new skills.
    Outdoor difficulty can be adjusted to some degree by whatever gear you're wearing. Or not wearing as the case may be. Removing shoulders or other pieces will get you to a greater degree of difficulty. Or keep some greens around, transmog and wear them. That's completely optional, has some flexibility and doesn't require the developers to devote one second to things like this.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-07-15 at 10:20 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    on a scale from 0 to 100 i would say 0
    0 as well. Not a chance.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

Not likely at all.

Hardcore has no place in WoW whatsoever. The endgame is based on dying over and over and trying to avoid that would slow down any sort of progress to the slowest of crawls or pretty much stop it completely.

Deleted
    Actually a very good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuzi View Post
    I am pretty sure that's complete bs. Are you really saying that more than 90% dont do at least LFR/normal mode raids? Pretty sure those numbers were regarding to how many players are doing mythic raids...
    VERY few people do normal or better. I'd bet than less than 20% complete a normal mode or higher (more probably get a few bosses down).

LFR is different since it's queuable and easy.

You're making the classic mistake of thinking that people enjoy what you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Outdoor difficulty can be adjusted to some degree by whatever gear you're wearing. Or not wearing as the case may be. Removing shoulders or other pieces will get you to a greater degree of difficulty. Or keep some greens around, transmog and wear them. That's completely optional, has some flexibility and doesn't require the developers to devote one second to things like this.
    Meh. No one does this. And it's not just making things harder to kill/survive it's leveling speed etc. Classic/TBC has mechanisms, too, like wandering elites and yellow/orange/red quests that cannot be replicated by the player.

I'd make a character and play it from time to time. Looks like a cool idea.

It would be cool for about a week, then it would see its population crash faster than For Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    If i would use your logic, Raids should not be in the game cause only 5-8% are doing them...
    I mean 5-8% do the higher difficulties but LFR is done by over 50% of the community if I remember correctly. I can't remember the last time MMO Champion posted the achievement stats for the raid tier.

Deleted
    Imagine doing mythic raids where you have to trust 19 other people to never do a single mistake. Everyone would have to level a new character after every pull until the group somehow manage to perfect the strategy two years later and then it's only 8-10 bosses left
    (I know you would probably practice on normal servers or the raids would work differently, but it's a fun thought)

Also, this would never happen.

OP should run a poll - 'would you play on a hardcore server?'. He would probably be very surprised and disappointed with the result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Meh. No one does this. And it's not just making things harder to kill/survive it's leveling speed etc. Classic/TBC has mechanisms, too, like wandering elites and yellow/orange/red quests that cannot be replicated by the player.
    I'm well aware that few if any players do this. But if someone asks for some kind of optional debuff to their damage to make the game a bit more difficult then I'm going to bring it up. It does just that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 8.0 would be the perfect time to introduce "hardcore servers" don't you think? I'm not talking about hardcore mode like Diablo where when you die, your character gets deleted. Just special rule set like:

- Much slower leveling speed (no XP boost, no character boost)
    - Removal of LFR and Dungeon Queues
    - Removal of Crossrealm/virtualization technology
    - No server transfer
    etc.

Wow has been drifting more and more into a single player with MMO elements. They need to bring back the core essence of what an MMORPG is supposed to be.
    to answer your 'how likely' the answer is not a chance in hell.

- - - Updated - - -

If i would use your logic, Raids should not be in the game cause only 5-8% are doing them...
    Pretty sure that 5-8% is something you made up, so I'll be polite and ask you for your source.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not talking about legacy or vanilla servers at all. The same exact game, same content like normal servers but with the removal of "toxic" features. It wouldn't require a lot of resources either. Just removing some key elements to make the game feel like you belong in an actual MMORPG.
    It. isn't. going. to. happen.

- - - Updated - - -

its actual facts, there was some information on a legit site that said only 5-8% of people raid... and i think its credible enough. most people do transmog runs or collecting pets and so on. they do not bother doing raids... if i remember it was on toweliees stream few weeks ago, dont know much else cause i was passing by.
    Then you would have no problem providing the link to this 'actual fact'.

- - - Updated - - -

The glorious days were when your reputation on your server mattered. One couldn't simply leave a dungeon or raid group on a whim. One had to commit or eventually you'd be known as a quitter and finding a group would become quite a challenge. Being accountable for your actions changes things in a positive way. CRZ and queue management system(s) are simply a cancer that has plagued WoW for too long.

My vision for these so called "hardcore" servers isn't something for everyone, but in my opinion, it would greatly improve the quality of the game for those who share the same beliefs...and there are many.
    Your vision is going to remain a vision, a dream, it certainly will not become reality for 8.0

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Why do people on mmo-c keep making stupid threads?
    Cause its mmo champ duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    They may consider the special legacy realms they mentioned but I dont see this.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)