Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    What would the point be of lying on a test you're doing on internet?
    Ask the question if people know about what they want. Or what they are.

Or is it that people you think were something they're not and this test contradicts what you thought?
    My point is, as i said, that it shows what people want to be, but not what they are.

And if someone wants to show up as being nice, but isnt, he will answer the "would you be nice" questions with "yes".

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Ask the question if people know about what they want. Or what they are.

My point is, as i said, that it shows what people want to be, but not what they are.

And if someone wants to show up as being nice, but isnt, he will answer the "would you be nice" questions with "yes".
    You're assuming that people are lying on an online test, why? It serves no purpose.

Deleted
    You're assuming that people are lying on an online test, why? It serves no purpose.
    Why do people lie to themself?

You obviously believe people are what they pretend to be. You obviously believe people know who they are.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bob was told to split the 10 bucks as he wishes because Bob apparently is the best child and knows who deserve the money. I'm not going for a communist split just because it's fair. What about bringing home some good marks in math and biology Pam, no one cares about the stained paper on the fridge.

Why do people lie to themself?

You obviously believe people are what they pretend to be. You obviously believe people know who they are.
    They know who they are far better than you do. You sound like a conspiracy theorist. People on the internets lying on a test to make themselves look to be in better light because... because... because... because...!

There is no reason to disbelieve peoples results. There's no incentive to lie on an internet test.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-15 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    There is no reason to disbelieve peoples results. There's no incentive to lie on an internet test.
    Come back to me when you learned a little bit about psychology.

http://ink.library.smu.edu.sg/cgi/vi...s_research_all

Quote Originally Posted by Biased self perception
    People are often biased in their self-perceptions, failing to assess themselves accurately. The most well-known and thoroughly researched bias is self-enhancement (Sedikides & Gregg, 2008), which is best illustrated by the tendency for people to believe that they are better than the average person (Alicke & Govorun, 2005). This bias is pervasive and has important implications for physical, emotional, and social well-being (Baumeister, Campbell, Krueger, & Vohs, 2001).
    Conclusion of the study:

Quote Originally Posted by Conclusion
    The results of this study demonstrate that the tendency to see ourselves as better and more human than others occurs across cultures. Stated broadly, people in all nations tended to self-enhance and self-humanize

Come back to me when you learned a little bit about psychology.
    What you linked has little to nothing to do with a test that is about morality and political groups/orientation. People know what they find morally outrageous, acceptable, neutral, wrong and so on.

Deleted
    Psychology has little to do with a test that is about morality and political groups.
    It has, as people tend to view themself morally different or more morally than they act.

It has, as people have false self perceptions and are biased about themself.

Why do you believe it needs the scientific method with double blind tests? Because people are able to think without bias?

It has, as people tend to view themself morally different or more morally than they act.

It has, as people have false self perceptions and are biased about themself.

Why do you believe it needs the scientific method with double blind tests? Because people are able to think without bias?

You're saying that people don't know what they find to be immoral or moral. That's beyond ridiculous.

Deleted
    You're saying that people don't know what they find to be immoral or moral. That's beyond ridiculous.
    No, i say that they answer what they want to be, and not what they are. As most people just dont know how they are by themself.

No, i say that they answer what they want to be, and not what they are. As most people just dont know how they are by themself.
    Prove it.

10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this test is flawed from the beginning based on the logic that most people aren't able to mentally separate moral values and cultural/societal expectations and/or obligations.

My results:
    Your scores are:
    Care 77.8%
    Fairness 61.1%
    Loyalty 52.8%
    Authority 52.8%
    Purity 38.9%
    Liberty 61.1%

Your strongest moral foundation is Care.
    Your morality is closest to that of a Left-Liberal.

Deleted
    Prove it.
    Did you read the studies i posted?

I see that as a big no then.

Did you read the studies i posted?

I see that as a big no then.
    I don't care what studies you posted. You have not proven that people are doing what you claim they are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I think this test is flawed from the beginning based on the logic that most people aren't able to mentally separate moral values and cultural/societal expectations and/or obligations.
    For the vast majority of people their moral values comes from the society they grow up in.

Deleted
    I don't care what studies you posted. You have not proven that people are doing what you claim they are doing.
    I gave you a link to a study which actually shows people have different self perceptions to what they really are. Actually, the study asks the people about their moral standpoint, which may be different from what people really do. Result is that a self analysis is always based on a self perception bias.

I am not going to play your triggering game, kid. Either you grow up and learn that you dont know everything, or i will get you back on my ignore list.

I gave you a link to a study which actually shows people have different self perceptions to what they really are. Actually, the study asks the people about their moral standpoint, which may be different from what people really do. Result is that a self analysis is always based on a self perception bias.

I am not going to play your triggering game, kid. Either you grow up and learn that you dont know everything, or i will get you back on my ignore list.
    Oh, not the ignore list. Learn to defend and prove your claims instead of ignoring people when you can't.

Deleted
    Oh, not the ignore list. Learn to defend and prove your claims instead of ignoring people when you can't.
    I proved my claim, and you are back to ignore. Learn to discuss. It's not that hard. It starts with being able to acknowledge that you dont know everything.

I proved my claim, and you are back to ignore. Learn to discuss. It's not that hard. It starts with being able to acknowledge that you dont know everything.
    You didn't prove anything but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    Bob was told to split the 10 bucks as he wishes because Bob apparently is the best child and knows who deserve the money. I'm not going for a communist split just because it's fair. What about bringing home some good marks in math and biology Pam, no one cares about the stained paper on the fridge.
    John Oliver, is that you?

The test feels awfully weird for me, as some of the questions had me going "While I personally believe X, it's your right to do Y." As a result, I was unsure of what the appropriate (to me) answer should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    John Oliver, is that you?

The test feels awfully weird for me, as some of the questions had me going "While I personally believe X, it's your right to do Y." As a result, I was unsure of what the appropriate (to me) answer should be.
    I think that's the point.