Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Are you saying an official statement by the White House Press Secretary regarding how the administration considers the President's tweets official statements doesn't make them actually official? I mean, his tweets are being used in other court cases as being official.

http://www.businessinsider.com/circu...-tweets-2017-6
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9a43ad873197
    Nope what are these links supposed to be proof otherwise let me look *BRB* Well that was fast, I am not taking their sites off my adblock. So No the President tweets aren't officially anything. People can argue otherwise but there is not legal definition that supports it. In certain instances of emergency Trump could as president. But Twitter is not clearly officially anything, because Twitter is private property, SO NO, as much as I am thrilled to give Trump shit.

This lawsuit isn't going to go anywhere.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Lol. New low from these people. This is about money. Just read an article today about how responding to trump's tweets gets them tons of new followers and opportunities.
    Fucking quoted for truth right here. I believe this 100%. Going through some of the responses to his tweets it's pretty obvious that the people tweeting to him have no interest in rational discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Sounds like idiots trying to make a free dollar...
    yeh i'm sure a president of the US and billionaire is going to lose in court over being blocked on twitter, hahaha they won't get shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super simple way for the administration to make this go away; The president stops announcing policy choices and nominations on his personal account, and uses @Potus instead. He can keep all the people blocked he wants that way.

Trump critics in his twitter ARE THE MOST RETARDED PEOPLE ON PLANET EARTH.

i mean conservatives spamming memes there are also of no high intelligence, but man...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    It wouldn't actually. Because the basis of the argument is that the POTUS handle's tweets are official statements of the WH. So these people are being blocked from viewing official statements of the WH.

Whether it has any merit or not, I don't know. But the ruling would only apply to government accounts, it would have no other implications.
    No one is being blocked from viewing official statements on Twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    The plaintiffs complaint is pretty solid TBH.
    Since the president uses his personal account to announce government decisions, he's using it as a public forum, and people cannot be prevented from taking part in said forum (assuming there's no violence, threats, etc).
    Nope, I get what you are saying but no, the ONLY way Trump could even come close to officially doing that is through an Executive Order, which would be tossed out rather quickly since there is no precedence where the government can legally take liberties of someone else's property.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    My impression is that the 1st amandment in general is no high priority for the current american president.

When it is about Trump and Twitter, i believe twitter should ban him, as he is the guy with the most devastating tweets you could imagine. If trump has a bad day, he could create billion losses at stock exchanges.
    Its not of twitter business, you know, you actually need legal reasons and clear violations of rules to ban someone, not " I feel his tweets are damaging to USA" ( again, not your business and subjective)
    Last edited by Dmitro; 2017-07-16 at 12:33 AM.

I don't see the big deal. If your constantly being harassed and mocked what does it matter, you will block to prevent any further harassment. It's like the trolls who mocked obama I'm fairly certain they were blocked every step of the way and no one cared. I never heard anyone sueing saying obama violated the constitution because he blocked me on twitter. Now Maybe on blog posts if they exist but an actual case probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Fucking quoted for truth right here. I believe this 100%. Going through some of the responses to his tweets it's pretty obvious that the people tweeting to him have no interest in rational discussion.
    Yeah! And then there are those that aren't Trump supporters in the mentions too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    No one is being blocked from viewing official statements on Twitter.
    False. When you're blocked you cannot see the person's account.

You have to sign out of the service completely in order to see anything. Official White House statements probably shouldn't require that kind of circumvention.

Deleted
    I'd start considering some more extreme version of what's going on.
    Imagine that
    -he receives abuse and repeated harassment from some specific account.
    -that abuse is /not/ legally actionable, but sufficiently disruptive to him personally.
    I think there should exist some allowance for him opting to block those accounts from reaching him.
    That twitter also blocks those accounts from reading is just a lame feature of the platform.

With that in mind, I doubt they'd have a strong case. Though I think his behaviour is scandalously censorious, and should be strongly criticized.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    I'd start considering some more extreme version of what's going on.
    Imagine that
    -he receives abuse and repeated harassment from some specific account.
    -that abuse is /not/ legally actionable, but sufficiently disruptive to him personally.
    I think there should exist some allowance for him opting to block those accounts from reaching him.
    That twitter also blocks those accounts from reading is just a lame feature of the platform.

With that in mind, I doubt they'd have a strong case. Though I think his behaviour is scandalously censorious, and should be strongly criticized.
    iirc Twitter has a mute feature that does exactly this. He doesn't get any of their mentions, but they can still read.

7+ Year Old Account
    Y
    False. When you're blocked you cannot see the person's account.

You have to sign out of the service completely in order to see anything. Official White House statements probably shouldn't require that kind of circumvention.
    You say 'false' and then you confirm what I said: no one is blocked from viewing these official white house statements. Thank you for confirming it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeh i'm sure a president of the US and billionaire is going to lose in court over being blocked on twitter, hahaha they won't get shit.
    I know they wont...but that doesn't stop people making frivolous lawsuits to try and make easy cash.

You say 'false' and then you confirm what I said: no one is blocked from viewing these official white house statements. Thank you for confirming it.
    I see you're not interested in actually paying attention to words. Thank you for confirming it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some twitter users are saying President Trump violated the First Amendment by blocking them on Twitter.
    You can speak. I don't have to listen.

Tweets as official statements in no way infringe on your right to freedom of speech.

Do you think this law suit has any merit, or just more energy being wasting hating on Trump?
    Oh it has lots of merit. Just ask the lawyers involved. Or their partners, next time they need a new handbag / flashy car.

Still not tired of winning.

Plus i am quite sure he can do whatever he pleases on his private account, as long as his official POTUS account is open for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    My impression is that the 1st amandment in general is no high priority for the current american president.

When it is about Trump and Twitter, i believe twitter should ban him, as he is the guy with the most devastating tweets you could imagine. If trump has a bad day, he could create billion losses at stock exchanges.
    HO the irony of the left.

Boooo he shouldn't ban people, HE should be banned.
    You are so full of contradiction it's funny.

Ho, and by the way, blocking people on twitter isn't against the first amandment, but hey, I guess that was too much effort to just think about it, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Only on the internet does this result in an extended discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

I see you're not interested in actually paying attention to words. Thank you for confirming it.
    You yourself showed how no one is blocked. WTF are talking about.

Only on the internet does this result in an extended discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

You yourself showed how no one is blocked. WTF are talking about.
    If I have to log out of a service to see a public statement because I'm blocked, that's an obstacle that stands one purpose: To make it harder for me to view the statement.

If you were capable of reading, you'd realize I said I don't know whether this case has merit or not. But to say that they aren't blocked just because there's a way you can find the tweet with extra steps isn't true.
    Last edited by Torgent; 2017-07-16 at 12:41 AM.