Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Question: If i have the glaives on my warrior, do I have to run BT TW on my DH to use the glaives or will running it on my warrior still unlock it?
    On your warrior will still unlock.

Deleted
    We actually wiped a couple of times on Illidan. But every other boss was yolo zerged down.

Killed everything, got to Illidan, Raid disbanded, now im stuck 8/9 unable to join another raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusch View Post
    On your warrior will still unlock.
    Awesome thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Killed everything, got to Illidan, Raid disbanded, now im stuck 8/9 unable to join another raid.
    Maybe try to make another raid listed as @Illidan. Others are probably in the same boat as you.

Effectively every boss other than Illidan is faceroll like LFR, Illidan requires you to do mechanics to kill it. Mechanics equals not making the fire elementals enrage and killing parasites, that's about it. I pugged it, we had some wipes due to LFR tactics of pulling the bosses with the trash and the trash chain CC'ing the group causing a wipe... But for the most part it was a complete roflstomp, killing Illidan on the 3rd pull.

Blizzard should have just put it on the LFR queue, it would have fixed all the silly issues of lockouts people are having, LFR in the past has had harder bosses than anything in Timewalking BT.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-07-15 at 06:38 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I organized a guild event for yesterday evening.
    We were 11 people in the beginning (3 heals) and invited one feral after the first 5 bosses because he did come later from work. He hadn't any ID so when I invited him to the group he did get instantly an invite for BT TW and got a port directly to us.
    We wiped once at Supremus (because of adds), once at the faces (because of ninjapull) and once at Illidan because the tank did kite the flame of azzinoth too far away.
    It was a lot of fun and we all enjoyed the raid because it was a variety to ToS which we do all week.
    I think some bosses are not so easy for random groups for example the faces because of kicking. The trash is a lot in Black Temple but when you can talk to each other in Teamspeak it's no problem for the group.
    In the summary it was an amazing evening/night with my guildies. We had all a lot of fun and they helped me to get my loved Warglaives of Azzinoth Transmog skin for my main DH <3.

Yeah Illidan we were prepared
    Last edited by mmoc3a30ab9f73; 2017-07-15 at 09:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i didn't enjoy this time walking experience.
    Hi

I really liked this event cannot wait for more old school raids to open like this thank you very much Blizz.

I just knew I wasn't gonna ever complete this event, based on every other pug I get into for normal raiding. No raid I have gotten into, can get past Supremus.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it two times now and it was both times hilarous. First Raid at Illidan i type "Dead Melees, i see dead melees everywhere" in the chat, as soon as illidan went Demon 15 out of 17 Melees layed dead on the ground

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, can the TW mount drop from BT, or is it locked to the dungeons?

Question: If i have the glaives on my warrior, do I have to run BT TW on my DH to use the glaives or will running it on my warrior still unlock it?
    You can literally run it on any character and get the glaives, as long as there's a character on your account that's gotten the original glaives. If you Warrior has glaives, you could run it on a mage or something, and still get glaives on your DH

Peoples DPS is way too high in this TW compared to what people actually did in BT. This is a zergfest with no regards to doing mechanics. Was dissapointing. People who were hoping for a slightly authentic version of BT will not get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i didn't enjoy this time walking experience.
    A couple of our raiders felt the same way during this event, wish I could put my finger on exactly why a few of us felt this way.

In the raid I was in the achievement popped for a rogue, so it's 100% unlockable by non-DHs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    A couple of our raiders felt the same way during this event, wish I could put my finger on exactly why a few of us felt this way.
    Tons of people try to yolo mong though the trash and get baffled why it doesn't go. Also contrary to expectations of most m+ heroes trash in that place is mostly non-stunnable.

And then you come to the bosses that have 2 abilities on average.

Having done this yesterday is, actually, a good wake up call for me to what blizzard has come to with legion, in a good way. I love bashing them for everything, but every raid having retarded amount of unskipable, uncontrolable trash that can actually wipe the group is rather draining as a healer.
    I loved vanilla/tbc dungeons where CC mattered and was part of the experience, but BT trash is absolute aids due to how dull the tactics are and sheer amounts of it.

Also reading this thread i'm lucky to have finished it all with a pug and got the glaives achiv, no way i'm going in for a second time.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hope people realize that it's suppose to be easier, that's the entire point of Timewalking.

Unless they stripped abilities and natural power creep from the game, there is no way to really have an authentic version of the instance. The bosses are known and the kits people have now are pretty varied compared to the narrow scope they use to have in earlier iterations of the game.

To actually have an authentic version you would have to individually tune bosses, and in some cases re-make them entirely. Some of these bosses have very little mechanics or mechanics that simple don't work. Mother, aside from the fatal attraction ability, virtually did nothing and was meant to be a shadow resistance check of a boss. Unless you change the boss in it's entirety, there is no way to make that boss feel authentic to what it was back in the day.

Now I would actually prefer if TW raids actually had two difficulty settings personally. The one we have now, and one that's tuned a bit tighter. The problem however is that people have to come to the realization that some bosses, even in a more difficult setting are going to be face roll. The point of TW is to keep the bosses mostly the same, and I think changing how things work too much, or adding new abilities would defeat the entire purpose. You could however make abilities that were dangerous, actually dangerous though.

Gorefiends skeletons could cause wipes if somebody messed up early. Gurtogg's stacking DoT could cause wipes if managed poorly. Illidari Councils damage could be more dangerous as well.

Bosses I didn't list were very easy in their original incarnations or simply don't work (Mother). Illidan is actually a fairly well designed boss in TW (IMO) and is actually fairly representative of how he felt in BT. Illidan hinged a lot on your tanks not being retarded, and your raids ability to not be dumb with parasites.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    Peoples DPS is way too high in this TW compared to what people actually did in BT. This is a zergfest with no regards to doing mechanics. Was dissapointing. People who were hoping for a slightly authentic version of BT will not get it.
    It's only open for 1 week at a time. Most people would not have the capability and/or patience to even clear trash if they scaled dmg to actual tBC numbers. Game is way too different today than what it was back then.

Did it myself with the guild, trash was easily the biggest pain. Soo many of them with crazy spike dmg or annoying CCs. Beyond that, we only wiped to Reliquary and Illidan. Thankfully our raid leader was very knowledgeable on the boss fights, I went there completely blind.

Also, is there a boss bigger than Supremus? Sweet mother of titans that guy was huge!
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do agree with said posts above they need to make all timewalking raids lfr format due to lockout issues.. As for possible suggestions for future timewalking raids
    I would say
    Vanilla = Blackwing Lair
    BC= Black Temple(Already set)
    Wrath = ICC
    Cata = Dragonsoul
    Mists of Pandaria = SoO
    WoD = HFC
    These my suggestions i think blizzard should use for future timewalking raids.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It's only open for 1 week at a time. Most people would not have the capability and/or patience to even clear trash if they scaled dmg to actual tBC numbers. Game is way too different today than what it was back then.

Did it myself with the guild, trash was easily the biggest pain. Soo many of them with crazy spike dmg or annoying CCs. Beyond that, we only wiped to Reliquary and Illidan. Thankfully our raid leader was very knowledgeable on the boss fights, I went there completely blind.

Also, is there a boss bigger than Supremus? Sweet mother of titans that guy was huge!
    I think the avg DPS there is 10k or so? If they could lower it to 4-5k, it already would be something. (I think in TBC dps there was like 2k).