Thread: Frost 7.3

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Might be interesting to have a super strong but short breath. Also I hope they update Soul of the Deathlord, since gathering storm will be pretty much useless without the old BoS synergy.
    Unlikely. Bliz doesn't see things that way. They believe every talent available is useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    How on Earth can someone not do something as braindead and easy as BoS? I'm honestly convinced you guys just want to keep it because you wouldn't be able to play the Spec in any capacity without it being braindead.
    Jesus Christ, I don't think anybody here is claiming BoS is the pinnacle of complexity, but you can't seriously argue that MG is anything short of mindless button-spamming 100% of the time. The playstyle requires absolutely nothing out of you as a player. You literally do the same thing--dump runes on Oblit, HB when rime procs, dump rp on FS, and every so often RW if you need to cleave--through the entirety of a fight regardless of what is happening. At least Breath of Sindragosa actually requires you to think about when you're using it and be familiar with encounter mechanics, and if you botch the Breath, you actually feel it. MG has virtually no downside by comparison, no risk, and no big payoff that makes you feel good about doing things right. It's just the same boring shit from start to finish. How in the world does anyone find that fun?

Breath is aids. Am happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Might be interesting to have a super strong but short breath. Also I hope they update Soul of the Deathlord, since gathering storm will be pretty much useless without the old BoS synergy.
    It isnt about GS. The real gain of new ring is the 2nd best talent. And currently both options are bad. FSc is no dps gain, RA only 1 or 2% gain. Considering the weak stats, the problem is the talent row itself which makes the ring useless.

Deleted
    If they aren't solving the scaling issues for Obliterate, it doesn't really solve anything either.

Never been a fan of BoS, bring on MG.

What is MG? "Machinegun" playstyle I read somewhere else? What exactly is the point of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What is MG? "Machinegun" playstyle I read somewhere else? What exactly is the point of that?
    Its what happens when your breath is on cooldown, i like to call it LFR Frost

I'm very much over simplifying but It's basically just spamming whatever you have available with a very basic priority system, with some attention being paid to your Icy Talons buff and your Frozen Pulse debuff, but these should be up naturally because, well you are spamming your attacks.

The spec is quite simple, to do well with overall. The reason quite a few DKs like it is because, compared to BoS, you don't feel quite as locked into place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Yeah that's pretty much it lol.

That talent setup isn't the most engaging of course, but the benefit is that you aren't massively penalized if you don't stay glued to the target for 45+ seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoyed the simplicity of MG spec, especially when it was competitive.
    I've been playing an elemental shaman and a blood DK for the entirety of WoW, so I'm really not excited about uber zomg complexity, e-peen stretching rotations/method of damage.

Which is a lot of the reason I enjoy BM Hunter. Feels like I'm playing a sim, not an RTS.

This is a good change because it will bring back people to Frost and still keep Breath good, so it doesn't alienate too many current FDKs. (They're still going to nitpick though.)

@HiFish I know you only really come and talk when stuff is in beta...but what are your thoughts on the changes coming in 7.3?

They shoulda just given BoS the death coil treatment to limit its uptime outside of HrW instead of this garbage. Also why would you EVER take obliteration now, even with resource capping pushing lightning fast Froststrikes will be better than some shit obliterate crits. Especially since it lasts longer aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    I thought MG is a playstyle that doesn't use BoS?

Thanks @ the others as well.

Knowing Blizzard, in new pvp season 1300 fdks will be able to achieve gladiator titles like they did in s5 and legion s1, because of those changes.

I thought MG is a playstyle that doesn't use BoS?

Thanks @ the others as well.
    He is making a joke. Technically the MG build was a talent set up that used icy talons and frozen pulse synergy. How ever the actual rotation is not much different than the down time in the BoS build.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    If they aren't solving the scaling issues for Obliterate, it doesn't really solve anything either.
    It's a lot better now because of the Thronebreaker talent. Oblit does scale with mastery now in a roundabout way.

On topic: I really hate what they're doing to BoS. I get it, some people don't like the playstyle. But it was the only build that turned the braindead spec into a slightly less braindead spec. Not hating on people who enjoy that playstyle either. Some people like to focus more on the raid than on their rotation, which is completely understandable. But MGF was about as engaging as playing beast mastery, only without the cool pets.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Poisongaz View Post
    He is making a joke. Technically the MG build was a talent set up that used icy talons and frozen pulse synergy. How ever the actual rotation is not much different than the down time in the BoS build.
    I thought about that and tried it but I'm actually parsing much worse than with BoS... that's why I asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    OVERALL, what's the buff like, has anyone crunched the numbers already?

Edit: I can do it, but I gotta go soon. Gonna have to wait.

Deleted
    There are sooo many changes. All the changes mean that obliteration will be much stronger because of OB, FS and thronebreaker hitting much (27%) harder. Belt will increase OB by another 10%.