Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Not sure how this wants to be any different to games like Black Desert online.

You guys realize this isn't an MMORPG right? It's a survival game more akin to Ark, Conan Exiles and Dark and Light.

They mentioned on a stream, the reason why survival game sin't flat out used is because unlike say Ark and Rust, apparently you don't need to constantly eat and drink to survive. Its pretty much Ark/Conan with a crap ton of magic and no hunger system.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    You guys realize this isn't an MMORPG right? It's a survival game more akin to Ark, Conan Exiles and Dark and Light.

They mentioned on a stream, the reason why survival game sin't flat out used is because unlike say Ark and Rust, apparently you don't need to constantly eat and drink to survive. Its pretty much Ark/Conan with a crap ton of magic and no hunger system.
    They can call it what they want. Still looks like a lot of the EA/Kickstarted garbage I've seen in the past few years. Wouldn't be surprised if later down the line there was anything shady involved.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-16 at 03:02 AM.

This looks interesting. Although the animations aren't great, people will eat it up if they do the building well enough. That said, I expect it will go the way of Conan Exiles, with a fairly popular launch before quickly dropping off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They can call it what they want. Still looks like a lot of the EA/Kickstarted garbage I've seen in the past few years. Wouldn't be surprised if later down the line there was anything shady involved.
    Seeing as Virtual Basement, the company that released a paid DLC for their early access game, has their hands in this, I can't say I'd be surprised either.

Apparently the game will launch with max 40 player servers

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to Skyrim, the school of witchcraft and wizardry!

What in the actual fuck

The world itself looks beautiful. The character animations look like they gave the design process to a blind autistic kid.

This will fail inside of a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Won't be investing in EA for this but will keep an eye on it as the premise seems okay.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    This looks interesting. Although the animations aren't great, people will eat it up if they do the building well enough. That said, I expect it will go the way of Conan Exiles, with a fairly popular launch before quickly dropping off.

Seeing as Virtual Basement, the company that released a paid DLC for their early access game, has their hands in this, I can't say I'd be surprised either.
    Virtual Basement aren't involved in the development. Blue Isle bought some models from them, and that's why they're listed.

Those flying animations are comical.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

This game is coming out in early access on 26th July.

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/48...ged_with_Fire/
    This is not being marketed as a MMORPG--you clearly misunderstood the description on the store page. They're using "massive" to describe the 36 square km map.

Spent 3 hrs playing. Had a lot of fun exploring and building.

Made by virtualbasement.
    guess we'll see the first five DLC's and the first official expansion during the early acces and alpha days, just like ARK.
    people should get this at 18 euro before they bump it up to full AAA release prices, at least then it MIGHT be worth the buck.

''Open world sandbox MMO/multiplayer'' just screams of forced PvP, shitty server communities and cartels, like any other type of these games out there.
    can we just for ONCE get a game like this that is well executed and doesn't have the shitty forced PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    "forced" wouldn't be the word I would use since single player or PvE servers are always an option.
    frankly even on PVE servers people will deny gameplay in one way or another by wallling off caves, peoples camps, loot drops etc; they are very prone to cartelization.
    On PVP servers they just form super-alliances/groups that deny any small groups or single individuals gameplay through extensive griefing.

the only way to really experience multiplayer gameplay in those games is joining said alliances/cartels (if possible) or have a private server that's password protected and have friends to play with.

it's honestly like that with all ''sandbox open world games'', they sound awesome in concept, but when you actually enter the game somebody flails by and guns you down, or eventually on PVE servers where everything worthwhile looting are barred off in one way or another.
    public or open multiplayer servers just have a tendency to be toxic as hell.
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-07-27 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    frankly even on PVE servers people will deny gameplay in one way or another by wallling off caves, peoples camps, loot drops etc; they are very prone to cartelization.
    On PVP servers they just form super-alliances/groups that deny any small groups or single individuals gameplay through extensive griefing.

the only way to really experience multiplayer gameplay in those games is joining said alliances/cartels (if possible) or have a private server that's password protected and have friends to play with.

it's honestly like that with all ''sandbox open world games'', they sound awesome in concept, but when you actually enter the game somebody flails by and guns you down, or eventually on PVE servers where everything worthwhile looting are barred off in one way or another.
    public or open multiplayer servers just have a tendency to be toxic as hell.
    If you don't enjoy games like these don't play them. All games have toxic idiots, just gotta learn to deal with them and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    If you don't enjoy games like these don't play them. All games have toxic idiots, just gotta learn to deal with them and move on.
    Meh seen enough EA/Sandbox/MMORPG stuff on both Kickstarter and Steam to know to avoid this for now.

As for toxicity. Yes I agree. It's common among the online world. Just the way it is these days.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-27 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    i enjoy the concept and gameplay, but not the outcome.

it's a general issue with this genre, and developers don't really see to listen or pay attention to it despite being a common concern.

as for toxicity goes, yeah its common now these days, but it's almost endemic in this game-genre and you'd think that devs etc. would have some measures to deal with griefing and such, especially on a public server.

you can deal with verbally toxic players, but when they directly affect gameplay in the manner they do, it's kind of impossible in games like that.

i have played a lot of EVE, and its also filled with this kind of shit, but at least the developers have set up measures so people can play around it.

Again the game looks good and intriguing, but the general outcome of that genre just saddens me.
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-07-27 at 06:23 PM.

MMMMMMM looks interesting but I am more then apprehensive seeing as who is developing it and it still being very early EA.Think I will watch it for a few months to a year and see how it evolves/devolves and see if they push out 5 dlc while it is still in EA.

Citadel: FwF is not an MMO afaik. I think that the player cap is around 40 players per server. Which is not considered "massively" multiplayer (1000+ per world).

Deleted
    It seems ARK and RUST fantasy remakes are the trend currently. Dark & Light is the same shoe.

Both are still very EA. Dark & Light seems more advanced.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-28 at 04:03 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this game is not really an MMORPG. Title is misleading and should be changed. This is a survival game like Age of Conan. Play it if you want to play gorgeous minecraft with wizards. I'll wait for EA to end, then pick it up.
    BAD WOLF