Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Son, this is bait.
    That's pretty much the case of ALL Kurata topic.

That guy is just a radioactive wast that keep irradiating that forum with bait topic.

Ho and by the way Kurata, the 35h are a major failure in France.
    Just so you know and stop using FAILURE as example.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    If that makes you mad let me tell you about the $10,000 trash cans that my closest big city has. They were supposed to compact the garbage and alert the town works when it needed to be picked up, thereby saving on going to pick it up when it wasn't yet full. They are mostly broken at this point and the company that made them went out of business.

Also, our red-light cameras were purchased for millions of dollars and were supposed to be monitored by an outside company that was being paid by the government. People sued them a couple of times on the basis of constitutionality and now they stopped the program. The company still has a contract though and is getting paid to do nothing.
    I can just imagine how all that got started. "Hey mayor, how about you give my company this contract for overpriced and poorly tested super trash cans? Re-election is looming, and all that *wink**wink*" "Oh, hey, whaddayaknow, we could save SO MUCH MONEY with smart trash cans! I know just the guy who can sell us some, they're best, trust me on this, the best trash cans, I know them, I've met them, they're the best trash cans ever, it'll be great, we'll be great."

Of course it isn't always corruption at the heart of such boondoggles. Pure and simple inefficiency and stupidity are culprits as well. Though to be fair controlling those and keeping them in check is the job of the system, and when that doesn't work there's reasons for that, too. And so on, in escalating layers to the top, until you reach corruption or self-interest, or laziness, or ignorance.

That's why I put education very high on my list. Can't band-aid these problems, you have to pump wisdom into the heads of the next few generations like mad and hope things get better when they're in charge. Just don't see much of another way out.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    -maximum wage, tied to 20 times the lowest wage of a company

-jail time for tax evasion and willful/careless environmental damage

-lobbying is banned, media outlets are now independent non profit organizations financed by tax deductible subscriptions
    These three I can endorse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    It's just representative of the overall problem. Something as simple as the humble trash can couldn't be left alone. If people started going to jail and/or receive massive fines for this shit mismanagement then we might be able to reverse the insanity.
    It's one option, but I think you should also work on eliminating incentives. Money is behind most of these weird decisions, legal forms of corruption and graft that turn government issues into sources for profit - at the expense of the public. While of course no system will ever be perfect, I think there's some systemic issues at work that result in many minor and major symptoms of a similar kind.

-Change the federal reserve mandate from growth to sustainability
    -Make it illegal to have anything Keynesian... military complex etc.
    -Helicopter money(Federal Reserve estimates a decent standard of living per person, cuts a cheque.. if the population rises, the cheque gets smaller if it falls it gets bigger) or Basic Income paid by the Federal Reserve Not the government... Which would include enough for healthcare.
    -Agreed upon Cryptocurrency to be used only by governments to fund projects around the world protecting the planet.
    -With reduced growth, bond markets abolished so that there is no credit bubbles created.

-Everyone should pay an equal amount of tax, not a percentage, but an amount. For example, everyone would pay 5000 per year.
    The government uses tax money, to offer tax payers services. Healthcare, education, military defense, infrastructure etc. Everyone receives the same service (should)
    No one should pay less (or more) than other, for the same service.

-No one, whether rich or poor, should receive more government services than others

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Come back to us after you get a business or economics degree.
    The degree to which many of you appeal to authority is quite tiresome. For any authority to have any significance whatever that authority would have to be agreed upon. Most authorities in the specific fields you make note of are absolutely tools of the status quo establishment so I would personally tend to disqualify a huge percentage of them right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    -Everyone should pay an equal amount of tax, not a percentage, but an amount. For example, everyone would pay 5000 per year.
    The government uses tax money, to offer tax payers services. Healthcare, education, military defense, infrastructure etc. Everyone receives the same service (should)
    No one should pay less (or more) than other, for the same service.

-No one, whether rich or poor, should receive more government services than others

5K (or whatever) a year sounds great to the guy that makes 300K. Sounds a lot worse to the guy that barely pulls in 30K. A flat tax like that always hits the poor harder
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-07-16 at 07:30 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    5K (or whatever) a year sounds great to the guy that makes 300K. Sounds a lot worse to the guy that barely pulls in 30K. A flat tax like that always hits the poor harder
    Then make it 1k or whatever. As long as everyone pays the same amount for the same service

Then make it 1k or whatever. As long as everyone pays the same amount for the same service
    Problem being is that even at 5k per person you'd only be bringing in about half the annual US budget.

I get that you think everyone should share the burden equally...but flat taxes like that put a higher burden on the poor.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-07-16 at 07:44 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    That's pretty much the case of ALL Kurata topic.

That guy is just a radioactive wast that keep irradiating that forum with bait topic.

Ho and by the way Kurata, the 35h are a major failure in France.
    Just so you know and stop using FAILURE as example.
    Merci pour ton avis éclairé Nico de l'enfer

Deleted
    I guess nobody linked this already... so there you have it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I need one:

I want as little government meddling in the economy as possible.
    Same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Problem being is that even at 5k per person you'd only be bringing in about half the annual US budget.

I get that you think everyone should share the burden equally...but flat taxes like that put a higher burden on the poor.
    I don't think everyone should share the burden equally, i never said that.
    When I pay for a service, for example for a haircut, it may be more burden for me and less burden for others. Some people may afford more haircuts. The burden of getting that service does not matter.
    HOWEVER I would expect to pay the same amount for the same haircut, as everyone else.

Everyone no matter if rich or poor pays the same amount for the same mobile phone, car, clothing, food etc
    Likewise everyone no matter if rich or poor would pay the same amount for the same government services provided

Charging some people more and some people less, for the same product or service, is not good

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Same for me.
    Of course, for me, that also means as little government intervention on immigration as possible. Let the free markets decide how many immigrants are wanted/needed.

-Eat
    -The
    -Rich
    -Yum
    -Yum

I don't think everyone should share the burden equally, i never said that.
    When I pay for a service, for example for a haircut, it may be more burden for me and less burden for others. Some people may afford more haircuts. The burden of getting that service does not matter.
    HOWEVER I would expect to pay the same amount for the same haircut, as everyone else.

Everyone no matter if rich or poor pays the same amount for the same mobile phone, car, clothing, food etc
    Likewise everyone no matter if rich or poor would pay the same amount for the same government services provided

Charging some people more and some people less, for the same product or service, is not good
    Well, under that system you have a government that doesn't have enough money to operate or a government that literally taxes it's citizenry to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Universal Basic Income
    2) Dirigism
    3) Progressive income and capital gains taxes, punitive inheritance taxes and the abolition of absentee real estate ownership
    4) Mandatory unionisation
    5) Effective monetary and fiscal policy working in concert

- - - Updated - - -

I need one:

I want as little government meddling in the economy as possible.
    Oh, so you like an economy subject to severe market spikes resulting in cyclical unemployment and poverty for millions wherein a few large companies dump large amounts of cheap, sweatshop produced products onto a hapless market with no quality controls.

Wait, I think I just described late capitalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    1) Universal Basic Income
    2) Dirigism
    3) Progressive income and capital gains taxes, punitive inheritance taxes and the abolition of absentee real estate ownership
    4) Mandatory unionisation
    5) Effective monetary and fiscal policy working in concert

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, so you like an economy subject to severe market spikes resulting in cyclical unemployment and poverty for millions wherein a few large companies dump large amounts of cheap, sweatshop produced products onto a hapless market with no quality controls.

Wait, I think I just described late capitalism.
    I support an economy where informed consumers hold the power, not a government.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support an economy where informed consumers hold the power, not a government.
    Consumers do not have the time nor the resources to be perfectly informed about any and all aspects of a given product or service. Nor do they have any recourse without a government supporting them.

Let's call your system what it is: Wal-Mart Economics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.