Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensio View Post
    Blizzard can't even balance the x specs we have right now
    -every class since forever

Come on, nobody's ever happy with "balance". This isn't a reason to stagnate in the same situation forever.

Blizzard can't even balance the 2 specs we have right now, so no, I don't think that the design team should have another spec to worry about.
    If we follow the link between the cause and the consequence;
    The cause; 2 classes aren't balanced yet
    The consequence; they shouldn’t add a 3rd spec

We can therefore say things like:
    -There are a lot of issue in this expansion
    - they shouldn’t add more content.
    It's the opposite of your statement saying Wod was a mess and they wanted to quickly react adding legion!

If you want to wait things to be "balanced" to add anything new, we would still fight Ragnaros

Deleted
    You know, I always had the feeling that somewhere later in the expansion we had to buy the third spec in the Blizzard store.

Or am I giving them unwanted ideas now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzguhl View Post

It's the opposite of your statement saying Wod was a mess and they wanted to quickly react adding legion!

If you want to wait things to be "balanced" to add anything new, we would still fight Ragnaros
    Mocking me will not make your point any clearer, this is my opinion, if you don't like it than just ignore it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by butterknives View Post
    -every class since forever

Come on, nobody's ever happy with "balance". This isn't a reason to stagnate in the same situation forever.
    I wrote a lot more that, so don't take 1 sentence and make everything about it.
    bottom line, this is my own opinion, ofc not everyone accept it and agree to it, but it is still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should just delete Druid's Feral spec and give the DH a ranged spec so that melee and ranged classes are more equal.

A single class doesn't need 4 specs and 2 specs are 1 below the norm. So there you go, Druids have Guardian, Balance, and Resto and DHs have Vengeance, Havoc, and a ranged DPS spec.

The game remains with 36 specs and the numbers between melee and ranged DPS specs are now more balanced.

As for ranged DH spec, it's easy to do it. You can quote lore all you want, but the fact is Vengeance DHs weren't in lore either before Legion. All DHs were pretty much Havoc. So why not add a ranged DPS that involves around throwing glaives and shooting fel magic from every orifice?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    If they added a third spec I wish it would be more like Illidan's demonic spec or whatever you want to call it back in burning crusade. A full time Meta (obviously toned down for balance) and their major Cd kinda like Illidan's demon within, bigger and purple or whatever. Different eye beams and spells.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-07-14 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I've half-expected a cross between a Havoc DH and the Gunzerker from Borderlands 2.

Sounds really fun though. I've always liked an idea of a melee/ranged cross, and Demon Hunters are boring af with their current specs, so I think they could use another spec.

I like the idea, sort of like a melee/ranged hybrid type of class. I main a DH myself but I feel they would remove some of Havoc's abilities as they too, have some "ranged" spells. Knowing Blizzard if they seriously considered an idea like this, the only thing they'd do is end up pruning Havoc since they're incapable of realizing that more than one class can have a similar ability (looking at you, metamorphosis). I like my Fel Barrage and Fel Fissure (or w/e it's called).
    I'd also have to say that sometimes less is more? It's not completely necessary that DH's have a third spec just because all the other classes do. We're good with what we have and although a third would be nice, it isn't completely needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nbcall View Post
    I believe during an interview before the launch of legion talking about why Demon Hunters only having 2 specs (which I still cant find the source of) it was briefly mentioned that they had tested a Spec that healed by doing damage, and that ultimately they ended up scrapping the idea because it didn't feel right.

I suspect this spec used 2 handed weapons because of all the DH Npc and the one Order Hall follower that wield scythes. That's just a hunch though.
    If true that would have been very interesting, I actually might have used my offspec On my DH if this had happened. (I main Havoc) and I like vengence playstyle but im very burnt out on tanking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mocking me will not make your point any clearer, this is my opinion, if you don't like it than just ignore it.
    That wasn't mocking. That was clarifying why he disagrees with you.
    It's his opinion, if you don't like it than just ignore it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    If they added a third spec I wish it would be more like Illidan's demonic spec or whatever you want to call it back in burning crusade. A full time Meta (obviously toned down for balance) and their major Cd kinda like Illidan's demon within, bigger and purple or whatever. Different eye beams and spells.
    I think that would be extremely similar to Havoc with a different skin.
    I too would like to see a meta more similar to WC3, but I am not sure it belongs in a new spec.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

[QUOTE=Nurvus;46523694]That wasn't mocking. That was clarifying why he disagrees with you.
    It's his opinion, if you don't like it than just ignore it.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to defend them just because they agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nbcall View Post
    I believe during an interview before the launch of legion talking about why Demon Hunters only having 2 specs (which I still cant find the source of) it was briefly mentioned that they had tested a Spec that healed by doing damage, and that ultimately they ended up scrapping the idea because it didn't feel right.

I suspect this spec used 2 handed weapons because of all the DH Npc and the one Order Hall follower that wield scythes. That's just a hunch though.
    I also remember reading that post, and it mentioned that after scrapping the idea they didn't want to make a 3rd spec for this expansion allowing players to learn both specs accordingly and then have something new to add later. I'd bet we will see the dual wield ranged Diabloish spec, or they will give us a purified demon hunter who is no longer has a fel infusion, maybe we get a hook up from Lothraxion who is a Nathrezim oddly infused with Holy Light. So realistically we could see a light version of havoc, that uses 2 handed weaponry. Then some mechanic where we literally have to fight off the residual fel energy left inside of us or we get a self applied debuff that makes u do less damage. It could almost be like a combo point system in that you have to have enough "control" or "light" stored to unleash a fel attack, and a further concept could be turning into a light infused demon via cooldown or voidform etc.

Also a raid heal CD or smart heal cd that ultimately puts you into a fel state hindering your light based attacks but semi empowering your fel abilities. So in a sense its a double edged sword when used as a dps cd you get a mediocre dps cooldown but when used for survival it could be horribly timed and just ruin your damage making you sacrifice yourself for the better of the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzguhl View Post

Except if they tried specs while building everything else and ran out of time then 2 specs not being balanced would mean they shouldn't add a third yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    You know, I always had the feeling that somewhere later in the expansion we had to buy the third spec in the Blizzard store.

Or am I giving them unwanted ideas now?
    Nah they will just add it in to the next expansion or the following getting the money that way, just like Necro's in D3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I think they should just delete Druid's Feral spec and give the DH a ranged spec so that melee and ranged classes are more equal.

A single class doesn't need 4 specs and 2 specs are 1 below the norm. So there you go, Druids have Guardian, Balance, and Resto and DHs have Vengeance, Havoc, and a ranged DPS spec.

The game remains with 36 specs and the numbers between melee and ranged DPS specs are now more balanced.

As for ranged DH spec, it's easy to do it. You can quote lore all you want, but the fact is Vengeance DHs weren't in lore either before Legion. All DHs were pretty much Havoc. So why not add a ranged DPS that involves around throwing glaives and shooting fel magic from every orifice?
    Nothing needs to be normalized like that, flavor, and being unique is a thing. This could be 1 class only.

Deleted
    Id love healing spec with 100% smartheals, its only way for melee healer to be enjoable.

As for spec gutting. Rogue would be fine with one spec, Affliction could easily be removed, it doesnt even feel like warlock spec, its not in any way connected to fel or void - 2main sources of power for warlocks.

Unholy shouldnt even be a spec in first place. Its like main theme of deathknights went to frost while all flavour went to unholy. Those specs should be merged.

Frost/fire merge would kinda work for mages. Frost spells would be st while fire would serve as aoe kit. In my opinion having ALL spells in same strict theme gets boring after a while.

Warriors could easily be two spec class with 2h/dw being pure cosmetic change. Most people dont even like arms flavour/rotation, just keep mortal strike and scrap the rest.

I'd be all for a hybrid spec, kind of like what Final fantasy is doing for Red Mages

You build up resources out in ranged, using fel magic and demonic abilities, then you charge in and spend your resources in melee. Demon Form would throw your warglaives down and summon mini demons while you hover in the air (you would still be considered on the ground, just animation shows you floating) while you can instant cast all your spells for awhile, to build up your resources quickly.

It would be a spec that spends 85% of its time in ranged, and 15% in melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    The momentum build almost feels like a separate spec on its on. It feels like a caster melee spec as there a very little auto atacking and very cool down dependent. If it had its own fury dump it would feel completely different. I think you don't always need a separate "spec" to make something feel different, just talents that create a diverse play-style.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to defend them just because they agree with you.
    Your complaint makes no sense because it works both ways.
    I don't need to defend anyone to show you that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JaoStar View Post
    The momentum build almost feels like a separate spec on its on. It feels like a caster melee spec as there a very little auto atacking and very cool down dependent. If it had its own fury dump it would feel completely different. I think you don't always need a separate "spec" to make something feel different, just talents that create a diverse play-style.
    Yes but Momentum build still feels Havoc.
    This would be a spec that does not feel Havoc.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Nothing needs to be normalized like that, flavor, and being unique is a thing. This could be 1 class only.
    Some things need to be normalized for the sake of balance.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I would love a ranged spec with extremely low RNG dps output to counter balance the ridiculous amount of RNG havoc has to deal with. Emphasize the Hunter aspect of our class and give us demonic pets that nibble incessantly at the bad guy(s) in a predictable way so we can play 1 handed, (TV remote in the other hand).

No thank you, 2 specs are enough
    Two specs will never be enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Idea in itself seems ok...but a Ranged DH would feel more like a Destru Warlock 2.0 than a unique spec.
    Can't really use that argument too much when so many of the current casters feel similar, even using the same sorta spells sometimes, e.g Fire Mage/Destruction Warlock.

Not to mention there are far, far fewer ranged specs in the game than melee specs at present, and no new ones have been added for ages.

If they can add a 4th spec for Druids, it's not exactly out of the question to add a 3rd one for Demon Hunters.

I quite like the OP's idea, although I'd still prefer a purely ranged DH or a healer, if that was at all possible. I just want a dps spec for DHs that actually takes a fair bit of skill, unlike any of Havoc's atm.